Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipped to the wrong address

Default Shipped to the wrong address

My husband and I moved into our house and I went online and changed all of our addresses to our new one and even on paypal too. But for some reason when I added the new address to the account, it still kept our old address as the primary even though I set our new address to our home one. So when I ordered diapers about three days ago, the seller got the invoice that I paid and it had our old address in it because paypal kept it as our primary one despite that I changed our home address. I sent him a message on ebay telling him my new address but got no response and then in my email on Friday I got a confirmation for delivery and it's being shipped to my old apartment.

I decided I would have to keep looking online to see when it delivers and be there to get the package when they drop it off or call the landlord and tell her what is going on so that way if she sees a package there, she will know I am coming to get it. I am thinking if I should call the shipping company and tell them and see if they can ship it to my new address. I am sure they can put it in the computer or whatever and it will show when they see the package and forward it to my new address?

Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone? What did you do about it?

I had this problem on paypal. I changed all my addresses and yet they still shipped to my old address. Turned out i missed one of the spots on the paypal site and had 1 more to change. You should go back and check again just to be sure. Because thats what happened to me.

I have to delete the debit card and then put it back down again with our new address. Then our new address will show. So what did you do about your packages being mailed to your old address? Did you ever get them mailed to you from there? Did anything ever get mailed to your old address?

If its shipping USPS and you have a forward set up it will find its way to you eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I have to delete the debit card and then put it back down again with our new address. Then our new address will show. So what did you do about your packages being mailed to your old address? Did you ever get them mailed to you from there? Did anything ever get mailed to your old address?
    I got it fixed. I just had to delete my old address fully off paypal. Its on there more than once. At least it was on mine

But did anything ever get shipped to the wrong address?

I guess no one has ever had anything shipped to the wrong address. So I decided to ask this on ebay in the community section to see if anyone can answer me there.

Sorry for the lack of info on the other posts, I was using my phone.

I did have several things shipped to the wrong address, I kept having to go get them. I went through paypal several times trying to figure out where my old address was being stored. I had already deleted the address once on paypal, but it was on there twice. That's what I'm trying to say. Go onto paypals site and make 100% sure it is off you profile. If what you purchased was off ebay, then ebay will also need to have your new address.

The last thing is paypal needs to have your new address "verified" they maybe sending to your old address if your new one is not verified. If none of this works your best bet is to call paypal and your post office to make sure your address is changed.

This is just bullshit. I called the shipping service and they won't change it unless they contacted the seller. So they did and his bullshit claim is I have to call America's Chase and I got an email about it and the caseworker is Monique. But I never got such a email. Why can't they just ship it to my new address I just gave them?

God, stupid address on paypal is what caused all this. My husband called them too and told them we just moved and they won't ship it now he says because he told them we moved.

And no one else here can tell me about their experience and I asked the same on ebay and got no responses. So frustrating. I even contacted the seller again asking him if he has the number I can call for America's chase and I never got an email about it.

Yea I have had this happen to me many times both as the recipient of packages and as a seller on eBay and other sites. eBay requires them to she to the PayPal address that they are provided and the shipping company in this case is shipping to he address they were given as a fraud prevention matter.

Any time you make a change on PayPal it is best to go back in and make sure the change was actually made. Then when you use it to make a purchase just look at the information and make sure it is also correct.

With address changes it is also best to update any debit cards you might have at a bank or other financial institution before trying to change the address on the PayPal, and then like was already said, the safe thing to do is to delete the card from PayPal then add it back with the updated address.

Your best bet now is to go to the landlady and ask if she will help make sure you get your package. This sort of thing, that is packages being delivered to an old address, happens pretty often so it should not be a big deal.