Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites Bed Mats for deliberate bedwetting?

Default Goodnites Bed Mats for deliberate bedwetting?

Hello,

If I wanted to try bedwetting, would Drynites bed mats under the sheets work to protect my mattress from stains?

Yep, that's what they're designed for. They are meant to be used by children, though. From the pictures I've seen, they look big enough for an adult to use, but you might want to look into their dimensions first before you buy them. Failing that, they're basically glorified underpads, which are widely available from other manufacturers in a number of sizes.

There are other underpass out there that work well for adults so if for some reason the GoodNites pads are not absorbent enough you do have plenty of options. If you are in doubt and want to be sure it is a simple to get a mattress protector. I have seen them at Bed Bathe and Beyond and at Walmart, and I am sure many other stores have them as well. They actually are not a bad idea anyway if you wear diapers to bed because they will protect you in case of a big leak.

I just recently got a pack of the bed mats. You may be interested in this article http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/2...ts-review.html.

Pretty much the article said they are kind of lacking in absorbency so direct wetting may not be a good idea. I got them since I just had my wisdom teeth pulled which resulted in a lot of bed time so I wanted to have something just in case of leaks. And I can say for that, they worked great and did offer great protection. How well they work for more than just diaper leaks, I can't say.

I wouldn't use them for direct wetting into as the pee will spread out in the pad. It wouldn't a good idea trying to lie in that. I use underpads for changing my wet diapers

I lay down crossways on my bed when I change and they protect my bedding. I also have a tendancy to squirt while changing and my open open diaper might not catch all

of it.

Default Goodnites Bed Mats for deliberate bedwetting?

Frankly, if you wish to wet the bed a full sized waterproof sheet is a must have, period.

I may stack two of them for increased protection. Would that help at all?

Stacking won't do much because the problem is pee running over the edge not seeping through. If you used two with some overlap you could cover most of the bed. If you put them under the sheet I don't think your mattress is safe. They are meant to be slept on, the pee will wick over to the unprotected part pretty quickly.

In my experience they are great for leaking diapers and mediocre for flooding while wearing pjs. If you are going to use them withou diapers you should have a mattress protector and be ready to wash sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Stacking won't do much because the problem is pee running over the edge not seeping through. If you used two with some overlap you could cover most of the bed. If you put them under the sheet I don't think your mattress is safe. They are meant to be slept on, the pee will wick over to the unprotected part pretty quickly.

In my experience they are great for leaking diapers and mediocre for flooding while wearing pjs. If you are going to use them withou diapers you should have a mattress protector and be ready to wash sheets.
    So this makes me wonder if they are even well suited to being used as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post

Yeah, the really aren't that absorbent. I wouldn't flood one without some padding.