Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Hurricane Sandy...

  1. #1

    Unhappy Hurricane Sandy...

    ...Nor' Easter Sandy...whatever form the storm takes when it hits your area. Hope everyone living here on the US east coast, especially from the mid-Atlantic on north, has made their preparations for the storm. Please take the warnings seriously and do whatever you need to in keeping yourselves and your families safe. I sure wouldn't want to hear of any tragic outcome for anyone here, or anywhere for that matter, due to not taking proper precautions. Stay safe!!!

    ~Pramrider

  2. #2

    Default

    Hope everyone affected by the storm stays safe and gets through it all ok.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm suppose to be affected by the storm but apparently I still have to go to work because they supposity already made preparations for the storm lol. Hope I have a safe drive there and back =/ lol love living in MA

  4. #4

    Default

    We're expected to get the last bits of it, I'm sure it will just be an overabundance of rain by the time it gets here... but I hope all the eastern US peeps stay safe in this scary looking event!

  5. #5

    Default

    It recently left us here in the Bahamas. No deaths here but a lot of flooding. If you pray, please pray for those who lost homes in the storm. Also, many of us are thankful to have a home but we are without phones and power. Thankfully we share a generator with a few people and have had a few hours of power during the day. I'm very thankful. For those of you who it's headed your way..... Please, stock up on water, food, snacks... Have plenty towels handy for leakage or busted in windows. Wouldn't hurt to have a few sheets of plywood in the house in case of an emergency actually... Be safe and stay in until it's safe to come out. Until then... Have the electronics charged and batteries all juiced up for flashlights. Read some good books

  6. #6

    Default

    Well, my school and work are canceled Monday and Tuesday; so I'm not planning on leaving my house till Wednesday.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    ...Nor' Easter Sandy...whatever form the storm takes when it hits your area. Hope everyone living here on the US east coast, especially from the mid-Atlantic on north, has made their preparations for the storm. Please take the warnings seriously and do whatever you need to in keeping yourselves and your families safe. I sure wouldn't want to hear of any tragic outcome for anyone here, or anywhere for that matter, due to not taking proper precautions. Stay safe!!!

    Have made all the necessary preparations and will be waiting to see what my company decides. I work from home in Upstate NY, but my company is based in NJ. I used to volunteer for the Emergency Services and Disaster Agency in IL...the key is to remain calm and plan ahead. Thank you Pramrider for the kind post, it is extremely thoughtful of you and everyone who has posted something similar.

    Ella

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    It recently left us here in the Bahamas. No deaths here but a lot of flooding. If you pray, please pray for those who lost homes in the storm. Also, many of us are thankful to have a home but we are without phones and power. Thankfully we share a generator with a few people and have had a few hours of power during the day. I'm very thankful. For those of you who it's headed your way..... Please, stock up on water, food, snacks... Have plenty towels handy for leakage or busted in windows. Wouldn't hurt to have a few sheets of plywood in the house in case of an emergency actually... Be safe and stay in until it's safe to come out. Until then... Have the electronics charged and batteries all juiced up for flashlights. Read some good books
    I wish you all the best BebbyDoll and send many prayers your way for a quick recovery from the storms.

    Ella
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 29-Oct-2012 at 22:59. Reason: fixing quote notifications

  8. #8

    Default

    I'm in CT and I have to work. Apparently I'm considered an essential federal employee (mail carrier) so ill be driving an aluminum box around in that crap... Not looking forward to it. But I'm stocked up on water and bread and flashlights so I should be ok at home. Honestly kind of hoping that its as bad as they're saying so they'll close the roads and I won't have to work, because I'm seriously nervous about it

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyLittle View Post
    I'm in CT and I have to work. Apparently I'm considered an essential federal employee (mail carrier) so ill be driving an aluminum box around in that crap... Not looking forward to it. But I'm stocked up on water and bread and flashlights so I should be ok at home. Honestly kind of hoping that its as bad as they're saying so they'll close the roads and I won't have to work, because I'm seriously nervous about it
    Same here I'm in CT also and even though they declared a state of emergency in my town since I live right on the water. my crazy job still wants us to work because we are considered an emergency store nervous driving to work in it. Hope everything works out for you.

    As to everyone Else on the east coast and eastern ct hope everyone gets through it ok!

  10. #10

    Default

    Hey fellow CTers!I'm on the central coast about 10 feet above high tide. I wish the tree huggers hadn't talked the town on to removing the flood gates on the tidal river that runs through my back yard and that FEMA haden't raised my flood insurance premium from less than $400 to over $2000 last July. They demand payment in full and I've not that kind of cash so my policy was canceled. They must of known this was on it's way. I was almost done cleaning up from Irene too.
    Hoping for a near miss!

Similar Threads

  1. Hurricane isaac.
    By gottibear in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-Aug-2012, 21:56
  2. Hurricane Bawbag
    By Talula in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-Dec-2011, 22:33
  3. Has Anyone Been Through A Hurricane?
    By Zekk in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-Jun-2009, 04:18
  4. Here comes Hurricane Ike...
    By Drosera in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 21-Sep-2008, 18:12
  5. Hurricane Gustav
    By TheFoxxehAssassin in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-Sep-2008, 17:33

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.