Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake's computer troubles

Default Jake's computer troubles

Both hard drives crashed hard today, my computer is K.I.A. X.X
    if anyone wants to donate a hard drive to me, I'll pay 20$ per 80G hard disk, I need 2, meaning, I'll pay 40 for a 80 or 160.

My old computer crashed several weeks ago, and I think it was hard drive, so me sending mine to you wouldn't help very much. It was time for me to upgrade anyway, so I went out and sprang for a duel core. Of course it came with a curse, the Vista curse! Now my wi fi won't hook up, and they say they have no intention of developing upgrades at this time, or as Cartman would say....sonofabitch!

Make me an offer on my old laptop if your interested, it's a Toshiba A-65 S 1070 it works great I just bought a new one and never got rid of this old one.

you pay for shipping and I can send you a 20 or 40gb (don't remember the size). It's either as 40gb Seagate or a 20gb Maxtor lol. I'll check when I'm back home later this week.

You might want to mention if its sata or ide. Also $20 for a 80gb hdd is rather low to pay unless you get lucky and find a cheap used one... best i could find new is Newegg.com - EXCELSTOR Jupiter Series ESJ8160S 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives though it will be a bit more with shipping.

I assumed IDE since all but the newest motherboards support 4 IDE devices.

Quote Originally Posted by andysetra View Post
    I assumed IDE since all but the newest motherboards support 4 IDE devices.
    My computer is 3+ years old and sata wasn't exactly new when i got it... i wouldn't try guess if its one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    My computer is 3+ years old and sata wasn't exactly new when i got it... i wouldn't try guess if its one or the other.

What I meant was, all ATX motherboards except the newest ones have supported 4 IDE devices (primary and secondary, each supporting a master and slave), so it seemed like a safe bet. Newer boards only have the primary connector (used for optical drives).