Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TV series - Fall 2012 (US)

Default New TV series - Fall 2012 (US)

I know we are a good 5-6 weeks in to the new TV line-up's on Network TV, but that is how long it takes me to get into new shows. So now that I have had a few weeks to watch them, I thought I would give some of my favorites and see what you like.

I am talking about NEW SHOWS ONLY. Not returning ones.

I am actually kinda impressed with NBC this year. After several years of striking out, they may have a couple winners this year.

Drama: Revolution (NBC)
    I saw all the previews and had no interest in watching this, but my fiance loves "The Voice" and we were too lazy to turn the channel after it went off, so we watched this. I was actually pretty impressed. The acting is decent and the plot is not too bad so far. I may need a few more episodes to make my final assessment, but it's pretty good so far.

Comedy: Guys with Kids (NBC)
    Again... wasn't interested at first, but watched it anyway. It is kinda nostalgic in the sense that it is filmed in front of a live studio audience, so there is a laugh track and applause and stuff. The jokes are pretty bad and there is the classic "set up and knock em down" feel to them... but with all the adorable kids and the live audience, it is actually quite enjoyable.

Drama: Arrow (CW)
    I can't name a single show on the CW network since 'Smallville' went off the air, but naturally I had to watch "Arrow" after i heard about it. I would like it better if it had the same actor from Smallville playing Oliver Queen, but it is still pretty good. But you take any DC/Marvel superhero and give them a live action TV show again and I will probably watch it. So... I may not be completely unbiased here.

So there you go... my top 3 new shows of 2012.

What do you guys think?

PS: Honorable Mention....

Drama: Elementary (CBS)
    I like the new twist on Sherlock Holmes, and love Lucy Liu, but the Sherlock Guy is just too much like House (MD) for me to like him. I am still hopeful that he will set himself apart, but right now this show is too much like 'Mentalist' meets 'House' for me.

Revolution is the only new show I've given a chance and I like it so far. It certainly has it's flaw's and the bad guys seem more fleshed out then the hero's of charlie and miles. Then the fat guy who worked for google and blah blah (it's Hurley from "Lost" same exact writing, jokes, laidback-ness.)

Anyways NBC picked it up for the rest of this season. which doesn't make up for the indefinite delay of Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    which doesn't make up for the indefinite delay of Community.
    I was not aware of this... I like Revolution... but screw that! I want my Troy and Abed!

I really wana watch Arrow, because the Green Arrow is my favorite DC superhero next to the Green Lantern. Me thinks there is a theme with the color green? Either way I don't get to watch any of the new shows on TV. I've got a bunch of oldies that I watch in the mornings. (Dragnet, Adam 12, Dennis the Menace)

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I really wana watch Arrow, because the Green Arrow is my favorite DC superhero next to the Green Lantern. Me thinks there is a theme with the color green? Either way I don't get to watch any of the new shows on TV. I've got a bunch of oldies that I watch in the mornings. (Dragnet, Adam 12, Dennis the Menace)
    Ta dah! Enjoy!

Arrow Video - Pilot | Watch Online Free

(Not illegal uploads of copywritten material.... this is the official CW website's full episodes.)

I am into television and it takes a lot of my time... I have no life. =P

I always check out the new pilot shows adverts. After that, I judge and will decide what to put on my fall TV schedule based from what I see in adverts. After seeing many fall pilots now, my top 3 favourites for new shows would be.... The New Normal, Elementary and Go On. There are 1 more pilot I am still waiting to see is Malibu Country... premieres next Friday, Nov 2nd...I'll see if that will have a spot in my top 3 or not.

I was watching Revolution for a few weeks, before giving up. Characters weren't developing quickly enough and the color correction was pissing me off.

Go On seems to be the most surprising show of the season. The trailer did not look promising, but the show is great. If it was placed right after Community, it would do really well with the same audience.

Didn't watch a whole lot of other new shows this year. The only one I can think of is The Mindy Project... which I dropped immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    Ta dah! Enjoy!

Arrow Video - Pilot | Watch Online Free

(Not illegal uploads of copywritten material.... this is the official CW website's full episodes.)
    WOOT! Thanks, now let's see if my internet will be fast enough to stream it.

EDIT: yeah sad news, it's been an hour and I've only been able to watch the first 10 minutes. Need to find faster internet somewhere.
    Last edited by FauxPas; 26-Oct-2012 at 17:16.

So far I've only been really watching 3 new shows this year: Revolution, Vegas, and Go On. All of them I haven't exactly been doing a great job at keeping up on but liked Revolution and Vegas so far, and Go On is alright nothing I'd be sad about if it got the can. Shame it is only fall shows as probably my favorite "new" show so far came from the summer, though then its arguable if it is new since it aired in Canada the year before.

I don't have a lot of channels to choose from so my viewing choices are limited....but....to list a few of the shows I've been watching this season....

Hawai'i Five-O (Now in it's 3rd season...I've been a fan since the beginning)
    Elementary - I love this show...the new twist on Sherlock Holmes has me fascinated. I think the character of Holmes is portrayed in a manner which would please Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle!
    Last Resort - I've been watching this since the pilot, and it hasn't failed me yet!
    Vegas - This is another show that I've been watching since the pilot, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be watching it much anymore....it just doesn't "do it" for me. Dennis Quaid is the only saving grace of this show....and I'm afraid even he can't keep my interest for the full hour.

Other shows I've been watching...some in their first season, and others not:
    Ink Master (season 2)
    Tattoo Nightmares (season 1)
    Duck Dynasty (season2)
    Billy the Exterminator (season 6)

There are lots of other shows I watch....NCIS, Bones, Tattoo Rescue, Just for Laughs, Comedy Now!, The Big Bang Theory (of course!), Kitchen Nightmares, Extreme Homes, Hoarders....Okay, I admit it...I watch way too much television.