Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welding

Default Welding

Anyone here pretty good at welding. I am just starting off and I am not very good at it. Got any tips / tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

be mindfull of the heat, that can make or break a weld

Quote Originally Posted by Abdl1396 View Post
    Anyone here pretty good at welding. I am just starting off and I am not very good at it. Got any tips / tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gas, stick, tig, mig, steel, Alum....????

Like any other skill practice, practice, practice! And don't always beleave your teachers, those that can, do, those that can't teach. My welding instructor in school taught us lots of horrible techniques that almost cost me my first welding job until an old timer set me straight.

Default Welding

I've been welding for about 12 years now. I started on stick, went to mig and then TIG. What are you trying to learn?

I'm in a class for it,
    Welding can be frustrating at times when you dont have the heat right

It's hard to give advise when we don't know what type of welding your doing.

Really not welding. I was a glass blower which was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdl1396 View Post
    Sorry. It's arc welding
    Still a fairly broad category, but I'll at least assume mig.

I'm fairly noobish, but I've found getting the settings right is essential. Spend some time doing research. There is a rediculous amount of info on the web, so unless you are doing something really exotic, somewhere out there will be the exact settings you need for whatever project you are working on. From there you can then learn the reasons behind those settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I'd also add.. good equiptment!

It doesn't have to be expensive.. just in working order. If your tip or ground are screwed up, you are going to be working way harder than you need to be!