Thread: Knock, knock <-- Only the 2nd time used...

Default Knock, knock <-- Only the 2nd time used...

Hello worldó

Me: Straight, male, Buffalo area.

Because I wet the bed, I wore diapers every night through the 4th or 5th grade. One day I wet my pants at school, and as if that wasn't bad enough, a neighbor girl announced that, "everyone knows you wear diapers to bed!" They sure did now. Back then, it was cotton diapers and plastic pants, which puffed out and made you walk funny, leaving little doubt. Then Pampers came out and I wore several on vacation. Soon after my bedwetting went away but I missed the diapers. My aversion to diapers became a secret craving to wear them. The Pampers were perfect to wear under clothes with no laundry issues. Over time, that's just what I did. I had become a DL.

Favorite brand/type: sometimes cloth, sometimes disposables. I haven't tried too many brands. Brand aside, the more like classic disposable diapers they are, the better: plain white plastic outsides that crinkle, padding over the sides, taped sides not briefs. The self-awareness is enjoyable and important to me. I probably belong to the realism crowd where the occasional minor leak or occasional major failure is sometimes allowed to happen.

The other stuff I'm currently between jobs. I like seventies music, design and building things. But I'm great at putting things off.

I suppose one pet hobby is about Big Boy restaurants. Remember the big statue of the fellow in red-checkered overalls holding the double deck hamburger. Originally they were drive ins where you ate in your car but the largely phased out in the 60s. They went by different names like Bob's Big Boy, Frisch's Big Boy, Shoney's Big Boy, and about 25 others in various parts of the US & Canada. They were the coolest place when you were a kid but now most are gone or have left the chain.

There's a cult of collectors of everything from old menus to statues, from matchbooks to Big Boy comic books. One thing I remember but never see or hear about is the balloons offered to kids when your folks paid the bill. They were somewhat unique: The Big Boy character was printed on them and they were curvy, like a snowman with one snowball atop another. I suppose it was represent a narrow waist, contrary to Big Boy's shape. And you got a cardstock base, die cut and printed like a pair of shoes, with a hole in the middle you'd pull the balloon through. You'd stretch it where the shoes joined and you wouldn't have to tie it. And the balloon stood up. Does anyone else remember these balloons?

Hey Zeke! Nice to meet you, welcome to Adisc!

Quote Originally Posted by ZekesSecret View Post

Favorite brand/type: sometimes cloth, sometimes disposables. I haven't tried too many brands. Brand aside, the more like classic disposable diapers they are, the better: plain white plastic outsides that crinkle, padding over the sides, taped sides not briefs. The self-awareness is enjoyable and important to me. I probably belong to the realism crowd where the occasional minor leak or occasional major failure is sometimes allowed to happen.

[/I]
    I too am a fan of the classic no print diapers, I currently favor the molicare super plus, they are a really nice purple color and a real pleasure to wear. If you're looking for the perfect diaper for you, check out bambino biancos, just a plain white adult diaper (that crinkles).

Happy adiscing!

You mean Big Boys doesn't exist anymore? I lived in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio all during the seventies, and I had two cars I raced on the quarter mile track. There was nothing like pulling into the parking lot of Big Boys in my 340, 1970 blue Duster and getting a Big Boy's hamburger with the special secret sauce and one of the big Big Boy milk shakes. Let the 60's music play through those cheap speakers and chow down!