Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIrst online buy

Default FIrst online buy

So I have been wanting to order diapers online for a while now, but havent been able to due to parents monitoring bank account (College student). However I have been able to get my hands on a prepaid card and am starting to consider it. If so, what are the best ones to order? Both for comfort and have kind of babyish designs

Bambinos are a good balance between looks and absorbency, but ABU products tend to be more childish. My personal opinion is that Bambinos are a better bet though, as they give you a little more bang for your buck. Classico/Bianco/Teddies are all (Roughly) the same absorbency, and Bellisimos are insanely absorbent(From what I hear at least; Can't say for sure, Canadian supplier for them is terrible, and hasn't shipped them in over 2 months...)

By the way, if you're being monitored, it might be a good idea to purchase a Green Dot card at a Wal-Mart. Can refill it at any Wal-Mart in the US, and when they ring a recharge through with another purchase, it'll show up at just another purchase...But, the fees are a bit high at times I think. (Nothing absurd, but might run you $20-50 a year with heavy usage). If you're in Canada, RBC offers a "Travel MasterCard" which is $10 one time(Well, once every 3 years or till you lose it).

And just a tip, if you do get them, dedicate a trash receptacle to padding, and put about a tablespoon of baking powder(Sodium Bicarbonate, however Sodium Carbonate[Washing Soda/Soda Ash] also works, but is slightly more caustic, so don't use it in an unlined metal can)

Have fun crinkling!
    Last edited by Eulogy; 24-Oct-2012 at 09:00. Reason: Clarity. And Such. Burrito.

Not so much looking for absorbancy, mainly some that have a babyish look and feel to them

Good move to use a prepaid card.

The best two options for babyish design are either Bambino or the ABU diapers. Personally I like the ABU Teddy, Bellisimos are very cute and super thick and absorbent but for me they kept getting holes in the front, almost like they had burst. So unless they change I say these diapers are a problem. The Teddy's are my favorite Bambinos though.

ABU has the Super Dry Kids, Cushies and Cushies with a cloth like shell. I have used normal Cushies and the Super Dry kids and I love others of them, possibly more than Bambino. Part of it is the single tape that makes them pretty babyish and they have the very best look. Absorbency is good enough that I am not worried about a lot of leaking, especially if I don't flood them at one time. My personal favorite is the Super Dry Kids because they are more like a classic pampers but in a big size. Cushies seems more like Luvs to me and is extremely cute, the cutest of all these diapers.

My first time wearing an Abena X-Plus, the original version, was absolute heaven, the outer shell felt so diapery and it was nice and thick. I truly felt small and regressed hard. This was a overnight wearing and it was probably one of the best nights I had ever experienced since I as a baby. When I first tried the Abena Air-Plus the experience was very similar. In my opinion the Air-plus are the very best cloth like outer diaper and would be acceptable if this was the last diaper on earth. I do, however, prefer the original plastic outer version. This plastic is hypnotically smooth.

One consideration for you will be where you store the diapers and who will be around when you wear. If there is even the slightest chance of anyone finding your stash, used diapers or seeing you in a diaper I would stick with the Abena. They will be thick and obvious diapers but the babyish diapers take a LOT of extra explaining.

It is important to remember that all of my advice and the advice you will get from others is all really subjective. What you find to be cute and comfortable will be unique to you. You may prefer plastic, or cloth outer shell disposables, or real cloth diapers. Many AB/DL's prefer thick, but you may prefer thin diapers. Also if you are planning to wear out under clothing may not want too thick or too high rising. Most important, the diaper that works best for you will be a matter of experience. I say experience because you will want to try several of each kind of diaper and you will want to play with how you put them on (tightness, how you point, how you position the diaper like more in the front, how you tape it on). For example, I have found that how I tape the Super Dry Kids and the Cushies on makes them more effective and gives an even more babyish feel.

All of this should get you started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by footballguy1292 View Post
    Not so much looking for absorbancy, mainly some that have a babyish look and feel to them
    Babyish look and feel being the biggest requirement I would definitely say Cushies or the cloth like version of Cushies, they are extremely babyish diapers.

Alright. I think at first I will just get a couple sample packs of each. Then go from there

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    Good move to use a prepaid card.

The best two options for babyish design are either Bambino or the ABU diapers. Personally I like the ABU Teddy, Bellisimos are very cute and super thick and absorbent but for me they kept getting holes in the front, almost like they had burst. So unless they change I say these diapers are a problem. The Teddy's are my favorite Bambinos though.

ABU has the Super Dry Kids, Cushies and Cushies with a cloth like shell. I have used normal Cushies and the Super Dry kids and I love others of them, possibly more than Bambino. Part of it is the single tape that makes them pretty babyish and they have the very best look. Absorbency is good enough that I am not worried about a lot of leaking, especially if I don't flood them at one time. My personal favorite is the Super Dry Kids because they are more like a classic pampers but in a big size. Cushies seems more like Luvs to me and is extremely cute, the cutest of all these diapers.

My first time wearing an Abena X-Plus, the original version, was absolute heaven, the outer shell felt so diapery and it was nice and thick. I truly felt small and regressed hard. This was a overnight wearing and it was probably one of the best nights I had ever experienced since I as a baby. When I first tried the Abena Air-Plus the experience was very similar. In my opinion the Air-plus are the very best cloth like outer diaper and would be acceptable if this was the last diaper on earth. I do, however, prefer the original plastic outer version. This plastic is hypnotically smooth.

One consideration for you will be where you store the diapers and who will be around when you wear. If there is even the slightest chance of anyone finding your stash, used diapers or seeing you in a diaper I would stick with the Abena. They will be thick and obvious diapers but the babyish diapers take a LOT of extra explaining.

It is important to remember that all of my advice and the advice you will get from others is all really subjective. What you find to be cute and comfortable will be unique to you. You may prefer plastic, or cloth outer shell disposables, or real cloth diapers. Many AB/DL's prefer thick, but you may prefer thin diapers. Also if you are planning to wear out under clothing may not want too thick or too high rising. Most important, the diaper that works best for you will be a matter of experience. I say experience because you will want to try several of each kind of diaper and you will want to play with how you put them on (tightness, how you point, how you position the diaper like more in the front, how you tape it on). For example, I have found that how I tape the Super Dry Kids and the Cushies on makes them more effective and gives an even more babyish feel.

All of this should get you started.

- - - Updated - - -

Babyish look and feel being the biggest requirement I would definitely say Cushies or the cloth like version of Cushies, they are extremely babyish diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by footballguy1292 View Post
    Alright. I think at first I will just get a couple sample packs of each. Then go from there
    Let me know how it goes. I have yet to make my first online purchase.

That's the best way togo. You can also try XP Medical. They have sample packs of all the Abena's plus Dry 24/7's and other brands they handle.

The sample packs are a great idea because they are much smaller packages and will give you the ability to determine what diaper is best for you.

Definately a good idea. But another quick question about this. Ive looked at reviews of different diapers when thinking about this. Saw on some that Bambinos can be a bit smaller than the size states. I have a 38in waist. Would I be fine with mediums or should i order large?

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    The sample packs are a great idea because they are much smaller packages and will give you the ability to determine what diaper is best for you.

Back on the Bambinos. The Teddy's are 10% more absorbent then the classics or White Bambino. I know this because I have all 4 bambino diapers here. Classic, White, Teddy's and Bellisimos.

But the Bellisimos are super absorbent. I will be using bellisimos for watching the movie Hobbit.