Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my first XBOX 360

Default Got my first XBOX 360

Well I got my first 360 off craiglist bying makeing a trade. I have to say now that I have acctuly gotten the time to sit down to play on, I think I like the 360 over the PS3. But there are a few things Microsoft could do to make the xbox better. They could add in a web browser like the Wii and PS3 have and offer some free online play like the PS3 does. I think they would sell more that way.

Nope I would not pay more for something I have a computer for. So No not more sells.

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    Well I got my first 360 off craiglist bying makeing a trade. I have to say now that I have acctuly gotten the time to sit down to play on, I think I like the 360 over the PS3. But there are a few things Microsoft could do to make the xbox better. They could add in a web browser like the Wii and PS3 have and offer some free online play like the PS3 does. I think they would sell more that way.
    There's a reason for everything Microsoft does, be it to further their own greed or to somehow push sales on something else. You get MSN Messenger on there, and plus the New Xbox Live experience will have HD Netflix streaming and material prizes for doing good on new games.

Also, the servers and flexibility of their multiplayer network doesn't come at a cheap cost for them, so paying for their service isn't a big problem for me, as long as I can get a solid multiplayer experience from their end.

They run servers for all the online games and they should charge whatever they want for it. I heard its very good so I say its worth it. Anyways I hope it doesn't RROD on you. I also suggest getting Fable 2, fallout 3 and the orange box.

They run servers for games? Wut? Xbox Live is Peer to Peer; all XBL is, is a glorified match-making service like Gamespy Arcade. Hurrr...

Well I have some bad timeing. I've had my 360 for about three days and I get home to play it. When I turned it on the screen had lines all though it. So I restarted it and then when it was booting up well this will explain it. RED RING OF DEATH!!!!!! I was so *******
    mad. It was 3 red light so I called up Microsoft and they said that the three lights mean a hardware failure. They also said that if I pay $99 dollars that will get me. The repair, pay for shipping there and back and they will throw in a 1 year warranty. They said it takes 3-5 weeks to get it back.

Do you think its worth it, cause I do.

I fixed the Xbox for the time, till I can get the money to fix it.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the ever famous towel trick.

Well I tried it. Its very simple.

1- you need to remove the HDD and AV cord
    2- Turn you unit on.
    3- rap it in about three towels covering the fans and everything.
    4- let it "bake" for 25 to 30mins
    5- Come back and uncover let cool for 10 to 15 and then you have a working unit.

Pretty much you just over heat your unit.

Worked for me.

Personally, I'd rather buy a new computer than an Xbox 360, mainly due to the fact that I would have to pay for a subscription to Xbox Live Gold, and that's ridiculous. Also, most 360 games get ported to the PC with even better support/more features, anyways.

FullMetal

Congrats!!!! Best system I know of, and I have em all so, I can say with no bias.

Get some Madden and Gears of War and you are set!

FullMetal