Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Rock crawling

Default Extreme Rock crawling

Does anyone here like to rock crawl or off road race? I've been crawling for several years now and I'm hooked. Got a few friends involved who are now also hooked on the sport.

Difine "rock crawl" as in the physical sport or the vehical sport. as for off road raceing ive done the baja 500 with my dad once before as an unsponsored team. it was fun but way too expensive took us 4 years to build the buggy to Spec and the next year they changed the safty requirements so the buggy was useless after the first year so we sold it. but as for rock crawling
    my favorite part of my favorite trail
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	14891

my dads old 75 International harvester scout rock crawler

Views:	147 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	14892

and my old Toyota 4 runner

Views:	53 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	14893

sadly i moved from Arizona to kentucky and there arnt very many places to go out and play

Sorry Vehicle rock crawling and off roading or OHV. I can not respond to private messages yet seeing as I am a Newbie. Kentucky seems like there are tons of places around there. I'd love to travel the eastern states an wheel the OHV parks.

I'm running a 83 toyota with a 3rz swap, dana 44 and 14blt semi float rear on 40in iroks, dual cased and 5.38s full custom exo cage and on 5in all pro springs, hydro steer. Built it and fabbed everything myself in my buddies shop. I'm def into automotive and anything with engines an tires. Ride dirtbikes atvs jet ski and snowmobiles. Def a speed freak.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my rig

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy4/Mcrowe04/DSCN0567.jpg
    http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy4/Mcrowe04/525804_4089765611074_2065743977_n.jpg

damn thats a beautiful rig makes me wish i had not moved away from my dads house and in turn gave up my 4 runner. in my opinion i say F**K jeeps there way too expensive and over rated my old 4 runner would go anywhere a similarly modded jeep would go and then some. as for off road toyota is where its at theyre 22re motor is reliable and indestructable (sorce for that is british top gear and theyre many hilux's). there arnt really very many places for trucks to go out here, we got an OHV park called Turkey Bay but its mostly geared twords ATV's so to get on the really fun trails you have to mow down some small trees, other than that its mostly private property and for that you have to have permission or get loaded with buckshot, cause i found out the hard way some people will shoot at you. if your into traveling to wheel and ever find your self in arizona hit up the Arizona Dust Devils OHV club, my dad is still a member there and they can show you a really good time wheeling. the florence junction area has been called, by many shows and magizenes (IE. extreme 4x4 on powerblock) the rock crawlers Mecca. it dont cost anything, there are no real rules, its not a state sanctioned park, its mostly rocky washes in the desert.

never been to moab but have been to the rubicon in my 4 runner. burnt out a cluch there, that made the rest of the trip a little intresting trying to wheel with a slipping cluch. all and all a good trip deffinately worth the trip. i was an asshole and went with my dad durring the jeep jamboree and the two of us were the only two with out jeeps, he had his 75 scout and i had my 85 4 runner and we still out wheeled the jeeps. the only issue he had with his scout was the carbutrator. not sure if you have this problem with your 83 but if he got on too steep an incline the carb would choke out, he also had that problem on some of the hillclimbs in MOAB. if you do plan to hit MOAB and your still running a carburator you mifght want to be carefull where you go some of the inclines are pretty intense. What engine are you running in your toyota?

i did a 95 tacomoa 3rz swap into my 83 so i didnt have to deal with carb anymore. i hate jeeps. Wheeling a jeep is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

off road racer here trucks in the works full tube cage custom build but its far from done

ill try and get a pic when im back at the shop

Quote Originally Posted by totalhick View Post
    i did a 95 tacomoa 3rz swap into my 83 so i didnt have to deal with carb anymore. i hate jeeps. Wheeling a jeep is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
    I know people have different opinions about vehicles, like Ford vs. Chevy. But regardless of what you drive its 90% driver 10% vehicle. But it is a bit offensive to compare Jeeps, or anything else for that matter to the Special Olympics. Not just saying that because I own a Jeep. On a side note you have a pretty nice rig.

Quote Originally Posted by jambi66441 View Post
    I know people have different opinions about vehicles, like Ford vs. Chevy. But regardless of what you drive its 90% driver 10% vehicle. But it is a bit offensive to compare Jeeps, or anything else for that matter to the Special Olympics. Not just saying that because I own a Jeep. On a side note you have a pretty nice rig.
    might be a bit offensive to compare it to sp olymics yes. but i still say a jeep is a crutch off road. everythig is already built in. i respect a hand built rig over a modified jeep any day. my dad's 75 scout was ,from factory, designed to be a farm truck and not a go anywhere OHV, however a few parts here and there, 6 in lift, detroit lockers, winch, 37 in swamper TSL-SX, and it would go anywhere a jeep would and then some. it is harder to build and wheel a truck that isnt a jeep wrangler, because they were not designed for it, thats why i respect non-jeeps more.