Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to find out what time bedwetting takes place?

Default Is there any way to find out what time bedwetting takes place?

Like the title says, does anyone have any ideas on how to pinpoint exactly when you wet the bed? I thought about video recording but that's not a very efficient idea, if you would even be able to tell. (plus no light, so it'd be impossible)

I don't plan on investing in an alarm anytime soon... I just want to try and find out if it's always a certain length of time after i've been asleep ooooor not...

I keep a fairly reg schedule and fall asleep around 10:00pm. I can pee anytime from 1:00 am on. I usally go 2 to 3 times between then and 6:00am. If I wakeup I

sometimes look at my watch to see what time it is and then go back to sleep.

Hmmm, modifying a bedwetting alarm to log the time instead of giving of a signal?

I heard during REM sleep which means rapid eye movement and.is the state of sleep where you dream. Forgot who told me though

It can vary by person so trying to guess is a bit of a trick.

Bed wetting alarms work well. For me I find that I will sometimes wake up if I wet while not diapered, I look at the clock so I have an idea. I will also sometimes wake after my diaper is wet, I do the same clock check.

You can have a mommy check you every half hour but that is a pain, if anyone even knows.

Not really any other way to know than to use some sort of sensor or helper to check.

For me it's apparently around the last hour before I wake up, I guess as I'm coming out of deep sleep into a lighter sleep. I know this because if I wake naturally I'm nearly always wet but if I set my alarm for some stupidly early time then I'm nearly always dry, but I pee as soon as I wake up.

It'll be different for everyone though - depends on your sleep cycle.

Stage 4 or deep sleep takes place more often earlier in the night. REM sleep happens more often later in the night. It's deep sleep when most kids and adults experience unconscious enuresis. You might wet later in the night / early morning too, but there's a greater chance you are aware of it or it's incorporated into a dream.

I don't know the exact time, but I'll usually be wet within the first four hours of sleep. I know this because I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and stick my hands in my diaper to check. I used to wake myself up with alarms when I was a camp counselor and then wake up the kids who were bedwetters too so we could go to the bathroom. Sometime around midnight. Not a great way to get the best sleep.

You could get pretty close to finding out by just setting your bedside alarm once a night at various times. Of course, you have to set it loud enough to wake you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Stage 4 or deep sleep takes place more often earlier in the night. REM sleep happens more often later in the night. It's deep sleep when most kids and adults experience unconscious enuresis. You might wet later in the night / early morning too, but there's a greater chance you are aware of it or it's incorporated into a dream.

I don't know the exact time, but I'll usually be wet within the first four hours of sleep. I know this because I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and stick my hands in my diaper to check. I used to wake myself up with alarms when I was a camp counselor and then wake up the kids who were bedwetters too so we could go to the bathroom. Sometime around midnight. Not a great way to get the best sleep.

You could get pretty close to finding out by just setting your bedside alarm once a night at various times. Of course, you have to set it loud enough to wake you.
    Great idea to set an alarm at various times.

I wish I had camp counselors that were as sweet and understanding as you. I would just wake up soaked then I would have to hide the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    I wish I had camp counselors that were as sweet and understanding as you. I would just wake up soaked then I would have to hide the evidence.
    Thanks. Growing up, I became very good at hiding evidence of accidents (either wetting or messing). In the case of the camp, there was one kid out of a group of 12 who was soaked just about every night. We did everything we could to help him change the sheets and hide the evidence. I know the other kids probably knew, but I personally, wouldn't tolerate any teasing because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Thanks. Growing up, I became very good at hiding evidence of accidents (either wetting or messing). In the case of the camp, there was one kid out of a group of 12 who was soaked just about every night. We did everything we could to help him change the sheets and hide the evidence. I know the other kids probably knew, but I personally, wouldn't tolerate any teasing because of it.
    Yea, I supposedly stopped wetting the bed just before I turned 13. I was so humiliated and the abuse kept coming so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I am so lucky that I was mostly done with the wetting within a year of that. It doesn't help that I was sent to camp, including scout camp, despite begging and pleading because I knew it was beyond my ability to fully deal with the situation. I was never given protection of any kind and when I was about 14 my parents found my stash of used diapers and I was beaten and publicly humiliated.

I fail to see why my parents were so anti diaper and so anti bed wetting, and why so many other people share various degrees of this same stupid attitude.

You truly are a good person for caring for another child with such care and compassion. The impact we have on the lives of others can never be ignored.