Thread: Baby Powder?

Default Baby Powder?

Hey guy's, so here's a question for all the regulars out there. So first off, I just recently got some after wanting to get it for ages. I love it so I have been fairly liberal while using the stuff.

The problem is, I tend to move around a lot while sleeping so whenever I get padded up for the night I wake up the next morning and there's baby powder on my sheets.

Of course then I have to wash them regularly, which leads to my mum asking question's I'd prefer not to answer.

I also bought Large/Extralage Depends by accident so they don't fit so well.

I've tried to use less baby powder too but it keeps happening.

So my question is:

Am I still using too much baby powder?

Am I not diapering myself properly?

Or are my diapers just too big? (usually I use the small to medium sizes)

Thanks guys!

I think you are probably wearing the wrong sized diapers because I don't have a problem with leakage of powder.sometimes I wear diapers on their own but to save wasting the large one's you already have try wearing a pair of plastic pants on top which will help to catch the overspill of powder.if you use too much when you're diaper gets wet it can cause a muddying which affects wicking.when you buy mediums this should cure you're problem as they will fit you a lot better.hope this helps.enjoy your diapers and baby powder.

I've never had a problem with powder in my bed. You may just be using a LOT of it. Scale it back a bit. And work on your taping so the legs are sealed and so is your waist. The leg gathers are probably where you're losing most of your powder. I hope you're not trusting that not to leak!

Ya, i think you just need tighter diapers. I suggest doing the bottom tabs first. And make sure you are not powdering yourself outside the area the diaper covers. Sometimes when I am in a hurry, I just put the powder in the diaper, and then put on the diaper.

I agree, I think you need smaller nappies. Maybe a pair of boxer-briefs over the top, then if any powder escapes it's in your pants and not on the sheets.

Alright, thanks for all the advice guy's. I'm getting better fitting diapers today so that should help. Now that I think of it, I feel pretty stupid knowing that I didn't do up the bottom tabs first...that coupled with the size of them is probably might be whats causing the problems.

Anyway thanks again for taking the time to answer this thread, it's been a big help.
    Last edited by Chance; 23-Oct-2012 at 22:04.

Try to use less powder, and maybe put the powder on the inside of the diaper so that way it doesen't really get on your sheets and will mainly stay contained within whatever you are using, be it tape on or pull up.

BigC300

Default Baby Powder?

I love that special scent too. Be careful not to inhale too much because it's not good for you inside your lungs. I think the scent may be enjoyed safer in other venues such as candles or other aroma delivery vehicles.

maxipoo has a good idea atleast the poweder will only be where the diapers going to end up

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Alright, thanks for all the advice guy's. I'm getting better fitting diapers today so that should help. Know that I think of it, I feel pretty stupid knowing that I didn't due up the bottom tabs first...that coupled with the size of them is probably might be whats causing the problems.

Anyway thanks again for taking the time to answer this thread, it's been a big help.
    There is nothing to feel stupid about, it's not like is a rule in some permanent instruction manual. I just know from many years of experience as well as other people do too it is much easier to get a snugger more proper fit this way. But I know that you are not the only one that has done it the other way.

Also i don't know if you are putting them on in bed, but I like to do it standing up, I just put the diaper between my butt and the wall and then tape it up, it is less babyish but much easier for me and faster.