Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Default The NFL Thread

We don't have one of these? Seriously?

So, for those who don't know, the NFL is the National Football League which is only the largest sport league in North America, drawing tens of thousands of people per game to watch their team beat up the others. It's violent, it's complicated, but most importantly, it's kinda fun to watch.

RAMS ALL THE WAY, BABY, even though their defense is the only thing good right now.

We've had multiple topics on the NFL they just all die off and fade to the back pages and/or get time locked. Anyways Rams are my "favorite" team, but my home team is actully the 49er's. Which sucks since they are in the same division NFC West.

Not a big fan of football, I find it to be slow and kinda boring. But since the lockout has Hockey currently cancelled until further notice, I am rooting for my home team (sorta) the Denver Broncos. I like to give people a hard time no matter what team they root for, so at my work I constantly make Peyton Manning jokes and tell people the Broncos are gona get stomped. I really have no strong opinion one way or the other.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/groups/21...-football.html

Join this group to find others that also like football. It looks kinda dead, but that doesn't mean you can't liven it up.

Packers and 49ers all the way baby, although I special place in my heart for the Vikings since they are from my own state. But about the NFL thread there are a ton of NFL forums if you didnt already know it available.

That's sick that we have our own group for that kinda stuff...

Also, Bears-Lions. Who ya got? (Bears. Lions have a porous defense and bad cornerbacks to boot. Cutler's going to have a field day if he doesn't giftwrap the ball every now and then)

Cutler is a whiny twat and he will not have a field day. He has been a meager quarterback all season. With that said, I still picked the Bears to win simply because their defense is a stout one, and the Lions have very few weapons for Stafford to choose from. Calvin Johnson can't do everything especially under double coverage and Mikel Leshoure is a rookie RB who has limited potential against teh Bears' line. The Bears only need to put up FG's and I doubt the Lions will be able to respond in a meaningful way.

I'm more of a college football guy myself, but I pull for the home Carolina Panthers. Even though they're terrible and I strongly dislike Cam Newton, who I find to be self-centered and egotistical, and not even that good of a quarterback.

But anyways...yeah. The Panthers.

Well, there's the prediction.

Anyone in any fantasy leagues?

I'm a Browns fan myself- yeah pitiful Browns fan I know- go ahead and make your jokes! LOL. I'm used to it by now- I also have a soft spot for the Rams as they were the original Cleveland NFL franchise who moved to LA in 1945. As a Browns fan it can be tough but I am loyal to my team and always will be. I enjoy the NFL and I always have. I have hours of games on VHS, digitized that I have shared with friends and sometimes I just think nothing of watching an old game from the 80s.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by Naleas View Post
    Packers and 49ers all the way baby, although I special place in my heart for the Vikings since they are from my own state. But about the NFL thread there are a ton of NFL forums if you didnt already know it available.
    The Niners are the team I root for the most (have been since I was 5), but I do like the Packers. There's no denying that Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. If the 49ers had him, they'd be unstoppable.