Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited for the next few days!

Smile Excited for the next few days!

I don't usually post about new items I get or anything, but I am looking forward to the next couple days as I will be getting my sample pack of Dry 24/7's, a Nuk 5 bottle...I am not really into AB type things, more just DL, but I think this will be fun
    Let you know how it goes!

I recently got a nuk 5 bottle top (pretty much the same as a nuk 5 pacifier). The only problem is that it didn't come with holes punched in it (not sure if yours will).. haven't really figured out a good way of doing this yet, tried a paper clip, but the holes are way too small because of how stretchy the material is.. any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryOfInfancy View Post
    I recently got a nuk 5 bottle top (pretty much the same as a nuk 5 pacifier). The only problem is that it didn't come with holes punched in it (not sure if yours will).. haven't really figured out a good way of doing this yet, tried a paper clip, but the holes are way too small because of how stretchy the material is.. any thoughts?
    I've got the same problem. I used the point of my sharp siscors but it dosen't leave a clean hole. When you suck on it to get a flow started it closes it self off. I got mine included

with some bottles I got from pacifiersrus. Where did you get yours? I can order some nipples from either Fetware or BabyPants but haven't yet.

I ordered mine from BabyPants thru Amazon.. So pointy scissors work? I was hoping to get a more clean opening, but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I can actually use it with a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryOfInfancy View Post
    I ordered mine from BabyPants thru Amazon.. So pointy scissors work? I was hoping to get a more clean opening, but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I can actually use it with a bottle
    Try something sharp, like a thumbtack. It's safer than trying to stab it with scissors.

Supersam1223

Default Excited for the next few days!

If you have access to a drill you could use a very small (meaning 1mm or even less) drill-bit to make the holes.

An easy way to do the hole is to take a pin, heat it up with a lighter, then press it through the nipple. It makes a nice, round hole (though some of the carbon from the pin may stain the nipple).

Personally, I prefer this method so that the hole isn't *too* big, and you can always put more holes through if its not big enough.

I cut an x on my nipples using the very inside part of a pair of very sharp scissors. Take your time in doing this and don't get to greedy with the cutting. Now it should still close itself when it returns to its usual shape and you will just have to bite down and then suck away. And the bottle itself stays pretty much leak resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    An easy way to do the hole is to take a pin, heat it up with a lighter, then press it through the nipple. It makes a nice, round hole (though some of the carbon from the pin may stain the nipple).

Personally, I prefer this method so that the hole isn't *too* big, and you can always put more holes through if its not big enough.
    I've got another nipple. Will try it on it. Hopefully will get a clean hole.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I've got another nipple. Will try it on it. Hopefully will get a clean hole.
    It should give you a nice clean hole that doesn't close up. The needle/pin pokes through, then burns off a little round hole. Just be careful when you do it and have something to hold the pin with (like pliers). Most of mine that I've had, I use a really small sewing needing and put three holes in the shape of a triangle to get the right flow (personal preference). Just play around with it and see what you like. *^^*