3 23.08%
  • Only when I engage in certain activities

3 23.08%
  • I never feel guilt from wearing or using diapers

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: A possible explanation for the GUILT feelings

Default A possible explanation for the GUILT feelings

I have been participating in another thread where guilt has been a central topic. While reviewing posts and composing a reply it dawned on me that I might be looking at a possible explanation for the guilt that is sometimes present at the end of a diaper or regression session. The theory is below. My questions are, is this plausible? What are your thoughts on this idea?

Here is the post that triggered the theory and my response containing the theory:

Quote Originally Posted by footballguy1292 View Post
    I agree with u on those points. I do need to relax when it comes to this. I think it is the fact that I do kind of wear on impulse with this. There have been times when my roommate has left for a few nights that I will wear them to bed and wake up feeling glad that I did with no guilt whatsoever. It is the wearing for a while before class that has got me feeling guilty I think if I can make a plan to wear more consistantly like at night or something then I will feel much better about this
    Interesting. You have me wondering if the guilt is more of the inner child saying "wait, I'm not done having baby time" rather than guilt over wearing. If this is the case it could be the very motivating factor that creates the guilty feelings.

In many interesting ways this makes sense. Something happens in childhood, perhaps a traumatic loss of nurture or the child was in a hyper nurturing environment where the nurture went away. Later some trigger awakens the urge to be nurtured again and the individual seeks relief, or literally self nurture. Lets say that this leads to a more infantile sort of self nurturing, or diapers, which fulfills the urge. A cycle develops where there is periodic self nurture, but sometimes the level of nurture is very brief. Theoretically it is this brief episode of self nurture that fails to satisfy the urge and triggers feelings of guilt, not guilt for wearing the diaper but for not having enough of a regression.

It would be very interesting to investigate this idea a lot further.

that makes sense i went to sleep with diaper on and i woke up happy in great mood

[QUOTE=Garzilla;968239] A cycle develops where there is periodic self nurture, but sometimes the level of nurture is very brief. Theoretically it is this brief episode of self nurture that fails to satisfy the urge and triggers feelings of guilt, not guilt for wearing the diaper but for not having enough of a regression.

I'm almost certain that the feelings of guilt are tied to the lack of attention our little sides require, though we'd rarely view it that way. After all it is the 'little one' seeking this attention. short and sporadic episodes are only ever going to meet part of the need....very difficult to regress enough to fulfil deep emotional needs in a brief impulsive episode brought on by a desperate need for relief. In such a brief encounter it is hard to even depart from the rational adult thinking which may invariably result in negative or guilty feelings. Brief episodes almost always seem
    to be accompanied by concern for time, privacy etc. under those circumstances how could you experience any genuine regression. I know that when I enjoy uninterrupted regression I do feel much happier generally.