Thread: Risk and Rewards: What’s the point?

Default Risk and Rewards: What’s the point?

I’m not saying everyone should feel like I feel about the subject, but I just don’t get why some people like to wear diapers to places like school or work. Let me clarify what I mean by this before you misunderstand what I’m trying to say. I’m an adult baby myself, not just a standard diaper lover (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

Back when I had it in my head that I was going to try and make my life as close to living like a baby as I could, I got the idea of wearing diapers to work.

I just read a post about someone mentioning “know your capacity” and I’d say, you couldn’t be more right in that statement.

The first problem I found was, I couldn’t gauge how much it would take before the possibility of leaking.

Second problem, constantly thinking the whole world knows and someone is bound to rat me out.

Third problem, if you are not used to the extra “Bulk” between your legs, it becomes a distraction and can be downright annoying at times.

I’ve only ever done it once and never tried it again afterwards because for me, it really didn’t do anything. I got home that night and ran a few thoughts through my head over the experience as a whole and the first three things that came up was:

1. Even if someone did notice, they probably won’t say anything.

2. I had been with the company for over two years at that point and they knew me pretty well, so I don’t think it was worth my job to try and explain my sudden need for diapers, especially with no pending medical excuse.

3. The whole idea of wearing a diaper as an “Adult Baby” is to act like or be treated like a baby and even if everyone at work knew and was 100% ok with it, it’s not going to happen.

This was my own personal experience, so I’m not writing this as a “one size fits all”, I’m just asking, if you don’t have your own personal, self-indulging and discreet reason to wear a diaper to a place you probably shouldn’t wear one in the first place, then what is the point of “Just” wearing a diaper other than being a DL?

What “thrill” as an adult baby, do you get from just wearing a diaper under your normal clothing when you are out and about, ether at work or school and mostly around people you wouldn’t otherwise share it with?

More importantly, what do you gain when you weight the possibility of losing everything you’ve worked hard for, ether your reputation or career? Take this last advice from someone who’s been there, “Once you put it out there, you cannot take it back.”

For those of you who can do it and enjoy themselves, I can only envy the pleasure you receive and wish you nothing but the absolute best.

Sorry about the long post

well for me I tend to lean on the more DL side of the ABDL world so for mean diapers aren't just a means of further regression, they are actually quite a bit more comfortable than underwear. also I am a college student and if I choose to sleep diapered it's not always easy to get out of them for my 8:30 class with a roommate around who does not know that I wear them. thirdly, I always remind myself that it is very unlikely that anyone will find out. I have pushed the envelope a couple times just to see exactly how imperceptible a diaper is and found that generally no one really realizes that you are wearing one, and if you do happen to get caught it is simple enough to explain that you have a bed wetting problem and didn't get a chance to change. Then explain that it's a very embarrassing problem for you and you would like to keep it a secret. If they are any sort of decent person the subject will never be mentioned again.

I'm still confused why people ask such questions. It's similar to getting a new phone and asking why do you bring it out of your house and use it to call people with. Maybe they do because they can and want to? Same for diapers. Does it really matter that someone else wears outside? Maybe they do just because they can and they like to. Also, remember that it's the wear's choice in the end, we can not make them wear or not wear, so just give them some tips on what MIGHT happen and move on. If they get caught, oh well, their choice.

definitely not into public wearing. and yes...once its out there you cant take it back which is the primary reason why i dont. i feel vulnerable just being a member here due to the lack of privacy that there is on the internet. i am very top secret about this side of me

I wore diapers to school (college, not high school) a few times. It was a rush, but also a distraction. It was very difficult to focus on the lectures and on doing my work when I kept saying to myself, "I'm wearing a diaper. Hehehe." If I'd worn more often, that probably would have been less of an issue. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd *want* it to be less of an issue! I like the arousal and general excitement that diapering myself, using my diaper, etc., provide, and would rather have those things than simply another article of clothing.

That's my spin on "DL," anyway. I can see it being different for different people, especially ABs versus DLs.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    I'm still confused why people ask such questions. It's similar to getting a new phone and asking why do you bring it out of your house and use it to call people with. Maybe they do because they can and want to? Same for diapers. Does it really matter that someone else wears outside? Maybe they do just because they can and they like to. Also, remember that it's the wear's choice in the end, we can not make them wear or not wear, so just give them some tips on what MIGHT happen and move on. If they get caught, oh well, their choice.
    *Re-reads what he wrote, then reads this comment* "A swing and a miss.” Not once did I ever mention about anyone wearing a diaper "outside", heck, I do that and I love it. The question was, what does a person into *AB* (not DL) benefit by wear a diaper to places they are known, when they ether cannot be babied or otherwise act like one? I don't get the point, as my diapers are not only part of my regression psyche, but also a sexual aspect as well and if I'm not doing ether, it feels like a distraction to me.

Even if misunderstood, your words seemed a bit harsh. I apologize if I offended you in some way with my post, which is the reason why I chose to break it down a bit better. For future reference though, I see a lot of non-sense on ADISC as well as any other forum I visit and generally when I read something I consider to be "rubbish", I'm the one who "moves on" and doesn't bother with posting to it. I thought the whole point of ADISC as a “support community” was to ask questions, give a positive opinion on the subject or try to help out where warranted?

I don't know maybe they(Not ALL DL) are exhibitionist?. I never have an idea to wear it on public. I always feel home is a best place to wear it. But it is depending on people taste some of it likes to wear it every times(Including in public) and some of us like to wear it in certain times. But I think they already know the risk(Or not since when you in a such fun you can forgot all sense thinking).