Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Default Shaving

So, I shaved (shuv? I don't know, lol) my pubes off. It's been a while since I shaved (Over a year or so I'd say), and now it's just really itchy. Any way to get rid of that itchiness?

Yeah, it's a problem that I have found as well. I haven't found any possible way to stop the itchiness, and keeping yourself from itching is probably the toughest part.

Baby powder, of course, reduces the urge to itch, but that would require 24/7 diapering, and suffice to say I do not have that kind of opportunity.

I've been shaved for years down there. I don't have a problem with itching. I know a lot of people who use body powder down there everyday. Whether they shave or not.

If I use a hair removal product like nair I do not experience itching... but... you can't get it on your special places. If you do, it absorbs into the thin skin and causes severe pain. Your best bet is to use a ton of shaving cream and keep it well moisturized. I read somewhere that a lot of the itching can also be related to the hair beginning to grow back, but have not confirmed if this is the primary reason for itching or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    I read somewhere that a lot of the itching can also be related to the hair beginning to grow back, but have not confirmed if this is the primary reason for itching or not.
    Well, I think there is some truth to that. I have felt more itchy down there a day or two after shaving, when the stubble starts. I guess, if you were to look at it from that perspective, the itchiness could just be the result of the stubble rubbing up against whatever undergarment you have on.

The more you shave the less it itches. I have kept it totally shaved down there constantly for the past 5 or 6 months and now it doesn't itch at all, even when it's growing back. Use a gel designed for sensitive skin, rather than foam. Baby lotion might also help with the short term itchiness.

I use A&D ointment. It helps my skin stay moist and less itchy.

I think the itching is mostly from the stubble growing out, not much to to about that except shave regularly.
    Myself, I use a bodygroomer (foil razor with trim blades) and the stubble is less "sharp" than if I shave with an ordinary razor.

I use it about every third day or so and never have any problems with itching or ingrown hair.
    However I do use some moisturising cream after.

As your skin gets used to being shaved, it will stop itching eventually. I simply "trim" my pubes; I don't shave them totally....this prevents the itching, too.

Default Shaving

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAbbie View Post
    So, I shaved (shuv? I don't know, lol) my pubes off. It's been a while since I shaved (Over a year or so I'd say), and now it's just really itchy. Any way to get rid of that itchiness?
    I use an electric rasor with a side burn trimmer. First I use that to get it shorter. Then I use the other part to get a closer shave. But for some reason it doesn't itch when I do it like that. But I have had this problem before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk