Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: "No Pajamas"

  1. #1

    Default "No Pajamas"

    Just read on FoxNews.com a story Louisiana leaders urge "no pajamas"
    dress code in public.

  2. #2

    Default

    Oh em gee! Only in America!

    Why does it not surprise me that this 'story' comes from "The South"?

    I personally don't think pyjamas are meant to be worn in public, and I cringe when I see people at the supermarket in pyjamas....but at the same time...I will defend their right to wear PJs where ever they like!

  3. #3

    Default

    More nanny-state advocates, Democrat and Republican, proposing this $hit to expand the already too big government and intrude every aspect of our lives. Modeling the system after the nanny/police state that is called England. It's as bad as when Michael Bloomberg implemented a ban on large sales of sugary drinks in movie theaters and other places, and when San Francisco passed an apparatus to ban McDonald's Happy Meals last December. This nanny state just can't stop growing. We need to vote for Gary Johnson or vote for Ron Paul if you want to stop this madness.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Caddo Parish commissioners have voted 8-3 for a resolution encouraging businesses to adopt dress codes that would prohibit patrons from wearing pajamas. [link]
    Soo... it's not quite that bad. It's just one parish (county) instead of the whole state, and it's not a law/ordinance, just a 'resolution' which doesn't really mean a whole lot. They're just suggesting to businesses that they not allow customers to wear pyjamas. I guess that it's possible that the board of commissioners could have a lot of power over local businesses, but even then, you could still go out in public in your pyjamas, just not into any stores. While I do agree that it's a silly idea, Louisiana does not really stand on the forefront of American progress in terms of law-making, so I don't think this is going to be a trend.

  5. #5

    Default

    I couldn't tell you of a single person I personally know who gives a flying shit about this, and I wasn't even aware of it until people here made it a talking point.

    Also, thanks for making generalizations.

  6. #6

    Default

    When I read the article I laughed to myself. Their losing money on people from Dallas not coming to Shreveport anymore. So their trying to clean up there image

    so it won't probably go anywhere.I don't know where these idiots come up these ideas.

  7. #7
    Pacilover14

    Default

    It's just pajamas.... What's so bad?

  8. #8

    Default

    Do any of those dress code laws survive a court challenge? I figured it is a pretty clear cut 1st Amendment issue.

  9. #9
    Locke

    Default

    Define 'Pajamas.' I wear normal clothes to bed... Are they going to outlaw sweatpants and loose shirts?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Just read on FoxNews.com a story Louisiana leaders urge "no pajamas"
    dress code in public.
    Yea I have noticed the pajamas trend for the past 7 or so years. At first it was kind of silly but then I started seeing more and more girls, then women, then even boys wearing pajamas in public. I think it is silly and I'm not sure I like it myself, outside of special circumstances. It would be interesting to know why some people feel this is acceptable.

    Don't get me wrong here, I am not saying wearing pajamas out in public is a bad thing. I just think it is an interesting leap that some people have started to make.

    Regardless, such a "dress code” for being in public would not be lawful unless it were a decency issue. There is no compelling public interest to enact laws limiting this behavior. This is one of those things where I ask why would anyone want to go out in pajamas, and why would we be stupid enough to make such a silly, useless law.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Oh em gee! Only in America!

    Why does it not surprise me that this 'story' comes from "The South"?

    I personally don't think pyjamas are meant to be worn in public, and I cringe when I see people at the supermarket in pyjamas....but at the same time...I will defend their right to wear PJs where ever they like!
    Exactly!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiursaABDL1993 View Post
    More nanny-state advocates, Democrat and Republican, proposing this $hit to expand the already too big government and intrude every aspect of our lives. Modeling the system after the nanny/police state that is called England. It's as bad as when Michael Bloomberg implemented a ban on large sales of sugary drinks in movie theaters and other places, and when San Francisco passed an apparatus to ban McDonald's Happy Meals last December. This nanny state just can't stop growing. We need to vote for Gary Johnson or vote for Ron Paul if you want to stop this madness.
    I totally agree but then the "nanny state" thing is kind of interesting. Just how far would they go? Perhaps state supplied nannies for all of us.

    Seriously though, I want my liberty back!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    Soo... it's not quite that bad. It's just one parish (county) instead of the whole state, and it's not a law/ordinance, just a 'resolution' which doesn't really mean a whole lot. They're just suggesting to businesses that they not allow customers to wear pyjamas. I guess that it's possible that the board of commissioners could have a lot of power over local businesses, but even then, you could still go out in public in your pyjamas, just not into any stores. While I do agree that it's a silly idea, Louisiana does not really stand on the forefront of American progress in terms of law-making, so I don't think this is going to be a trend.
    Technically speaking, businesses are typically also private property so they would potentially have the right to take such an action. The problem is that the parish is overstepping its authority by encouraging private business owners to limit something that might otherwise be considered to be protected speech. This is just as bad as the Federal Government passing laws that have the intention of essentially bribing the states to enact laws that the Federal Government doesn't have the authority to do. This is a very common but problematic practice.

    Heck, when I look at it this is EXACTLY the same as a 12 year old paying a 21 year old to buy alcohol for the 12 year old.

    In my opinion this creates two very serious problems, other than the obvious extension of government power. First, government bodies have a nasty habit of allowing laws to evolve over time and will often share the latest handiwork with other government bodies. So I will not be surprised if this effort spreads and even grows into actual law. Second, the businesses that participate likely do not realize they are opening themselves up to lawsuits. Something will happen and one will be successfully sued, then hopefully the silliness will be all over.

    On a serious note, we start with pajamas then one day diapers. Not a good thing at all!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Do any of those dress code laws survive a court challenge? I figured it is a pretty clear cut 1st Amendment issue.
    Exactly! No they would not survive such a challenge.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2012, 17:43
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-May-2011, 08:58
  3. "A Christmas Story" pajamas!
    By racer in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-Sep-2009, 04:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.