Thread: So Hi There

Default So Hi There

OK, here goes (and yes I am using the introduction cheat sheet).

Hi, I'm Blackbird.
    I'll not beat around the bush here, I'm incredibly shy, both irl and about my specific kinks. Check my registration date if you don't believe me. It's taken me this long to work up the courage.

I'm currently an office assistant though I have a degree in Biology and hope to end up as a lab technician at some point.

So I'm a DL with some AB tenancies. I find this very difficult to admit, even to myself, as I view it as something extremely private (and yet here I am posting this on the internet.)

I'm a keen model builder and painter (usually warhammer 40K), gamer and amateur writer. I'm not going to claim to be Wordsworth but I feel I can write an interesting story, despite being slightly dyslexic.

I joined this site to find people who share my interest and can offer advice or opinions on DL matters. And hopefully I'll be able to offer my own advice too.

Right, hopefully I haven't come across as too much of a nervous wreck in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    OK, here goes (and yes I am using the introduction cheat sheet).

Hi, I'm Blackbird.
    I'll not beat around the bush here, I'm incredibly shy, both irl and about my specific kinks. Check my registration date if you don't believe me. It's taken me this long to work up the courage.

I'm currently an office assistant though I have a degree in Biology and hope to end up as a lab technician at some point.

So I'm a DL with some AB tenancies. I find this very difficult to admit, even to myself, as I view it as something extremely private (and yet here I am posting this on the internet.)

I'm a keen model builder and painter (usually warhammer 40K), gamer and amateur writer. I'm not going to claim to be Wordsworth but I feel I can write an interesting story, despite being slightly dyslexic.

I joined this site to find people who share my interest and can offer advice or opinions on DL matters. And hopefully I'll be able to offer my own advice too.

Right, hopefully I haven't come across as too much of a nervous wreck in this post.
    You don't seem more of a nervous wreck than me. Are you interested in any ABDL stories?

I've read a great many but writing them is another matter.
    I may give it a go at some point.

It's taken me this long to work up the courage.
    That's very rare, but better late than never, so kudos on being honest with yourself and not getting all overwhelmed by it all.

I think it's important to have extremely private aspects of your life, so long as you can talk to someone about them, and we're honoured that we could be that someone!

amateur writer . I'm not going to claim to be Wordsworth but I feel I can write an interesting story, despite being slightly dyslexic.
    A little brain traffic detour hopefully won't discourage you - you should participate in the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)... it's coming up in November... for the fifth year in a row, I claim I'm going to participate and likely get too busy or lazy to do so (I actually did in 2006, but didn't achieve my goal)

You came across just fine - coherent, intelligent and honest with yourself - it may not be all nerves after all, this may be an exciting time, coming across a whole crazy site full of like minded critters.

Welcome!

Hey there, so you play 40k? what army/armies do you collect? I used to play Blood Angels myself before giving up, planning to get back into it again soon with the new forge world heresy models. Do you read much or any of the 40k books out there?

@ Hobbes - Your welcome is much appreciated, I'm glad that there are people like you ready to make others feel at home on the site. I'm starting to feel a little more confident about posting now. I didn't actually know about the NaNoWriMo. I think I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
    Hey there, so you play 40k? what army/armies do you collect? I used to play Blood Angels myself before giving up, planning to get back into it again soon with the new forge world heresy models. Do you read much or any of the 40k books out there?
    I play Grey Knights, Chaos Marines, Space Marines and Space Wolves. I managed to get my hands on Angron from Forge World, hefty price tag but completely worth it.
    I've read many 40K books, favourites being Eisenhorn and Ravenor.