Thread: Attends Plastic Covering

Default Attends Plastic Covering

I never really took much notice of this before on nappies but some look alot softer than others and after looking at pictures of some Attends they look extremely soft compared to what would of been my previous first choice of adult nappy if I had the chance to order some which would of been Abenas but if my suspicion about Attends is right then I think I would have to order them. Obviously I'm going to have to order just about every make and model of adult nappy under the sun as soon as I get the chance but right now I think that Attends would be my first choice.

Craig.

I have the attends 10 breathable ones with 4 tapes now. They are a little weird putting on at first, due to tape structure, but they are pretty soft and thick. Though I do want to try a seperate Attends brief with a cloth backing and 6 tapes...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm going to have to order just about every make and model of adult nappy under the sun as soon as I get the chance .
    sounds like a plan

which picture of Attends have been looking at? not all US versions are the same as UK versions......in fact, most are different and the Yanks have a bigger and better choice than us.

Be careful what kinds of Attends you get, I recently got a pack of the breathable briefs, I'm not impressed at all, similar in quality and style to the CVS & Walgreen's briefs at almost twice the price. They didn't fit me well, I couldn't get them tight enough and they leaked easily. The store I bought these from used to carry the old style Attends 10's with the plastic backing, two tapes and no waistband. From what I heard, they aren't the best Attends, but these were significantly better than the new breathable style. I think most people seem to like the ones with 6 tapes and a waistband, though I haven't tried these.

Personally, I will not be purchasing an Attends product again unless it's the traditional style which is increasingly difficult to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Be careful what kinds of Attends you get, I recently got a pack of the breathable briefs, I'm not impressed at all, similar in quality and style to the CVS & Walgreen's briefs at almost twice the price. They didn't fit me well, I couldn't get them tight enough and they leaked easily. The store I bought these from used to carry the old style Attends 10's with the plastic backing, two tapes and no waistband. From what I heard, they aren't the best Attends, but these were significantly better than the new breathable style. I think most people seem to like the ones with 6 tapes and a waistband, though I haven't tried these.

Personally, I will not be purchasing an Attends product again unless it's the traditional style which is increasingly difficult to find.

Yeah...there's a huge difference between the 6-tape waistband Attends and the other kinds, IMO. I think the other kinds SUCK.

But, the 6-tape waistband kind is my favorite diaper...it's the only one I get any more. I get them from xpmedical.com. They have a plastic cover and a very soft inside. VERY babyish, IMO....they totally rock.

Peachy

Craig - which type of Attends exactly did you see? From what I know, European and American Attends are very much different. Attends over here switched to that horribly "S-form"-variety a few years ago - it has an unusual shape and tape system (I posted about it here).
    Make sure you and the other people are discussing the same diaper, or you may set yourself up for a big disappointment when you order them and get something else.

Peachy

Darkfinn

Attends blow... they don't really absorb that much and they clump horribly when wet... spend your money on something else.

i was going to get a sample pack of the attends from xpmedical - but not that i hear they suck and i am starting to think again...
    i like the abi-forms the best so far

I finally got diapers for the first time since I was say 3 and I ordered the Attends with a waistband. Not that impressed. They just don't fit well. The back is too small/narrow and too low, the front is too high and too bulky. The width in between is way too wide. The tapes don't always stick well. Even with a waistband, the top doesn't fit snugly and actually leave space open. They don't stretch well with sitting and standing. And the lining inside clumps up, even without wetting.
    Anyone got other suggestions, especially ones with a plastic backing?