Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedside Potty Advice?

Question Bedside Potty Advice?

Hi there. I'm about 70% incontinent and therefore in diapers about 70% of the day. Sometimes I just forget to wear, or run out of diapers, or am taking a break when I get that deep feeling that I'm going to have an accident no matter what I do. I try to scramble to a diaper or to the potty, but sometimes I can't make it. Seeing as I spend most of my home time in one room, I was considering getting a little training potty for times when I could save a diaper or pair of pants .

Is this a good idea? Has anyone else done this? Any advice or suggestions about what to choose and what to look for? Experiences welcome, too.

whatever works for you works for you. who are we to detract you from it. It isn't something I would personally do but if it works why not.

If you think you need it; get it. They are available in adult sizes.

Skizics

If you have enough control that you can delay wetting or messing long enough that you can get your pants down in time to use a portable pot then do it. If you find that you're peeing on the floor or down your leg while you are trying to get to the toilet or the pot then stick with the diapers. If cost is the problem the switch to cloth... They are a heck of a lot more comfortable and done right they never leak... and for what you pay for a one month supply of paper diapers you can buy a 5 or 10 year supply of cloth... and they last forever too.

Years before indoor plumbing, everyone had one of these. I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Do what will work best for you.

If you're urinary IC only, I'd suggest getting some 0.5L, 1L or 2L wide-mouth bottles (depending on the size of your bladder). Like these: Wide Mouth Bottles

They're cheaper, easier to clean, and you can keep one right next to you so you don't even have to scramble across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by JessFox View Post
    If you're urinary IC only, I'd suggest getting some 0.5L, 1L or 2L wide-mouth bottles (depending on the size of your bladder). Like these: Wide Mouth Bottles

They're cheaper, easier to clean, and you can keep one right next to you so you don't even have to scramble across the room.

I had never thought about that! I'm definitely going for this option. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Years before indoor plumbing, everyone had one of these. I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Do what will work best for you.
    Yes they did My grandparents had them, and they were called chamberpots

Quote Originally Posted by chamberpot View Post
    Yes they did My grandparents had them, and they were called chamberpots
    We had them when I was young. 2 for potty training and 2 for mom and dad. Were used mostly at night since we still had outhouses.

We also called them thunder mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    we also called them thunder mugs.
    rofl