Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Possible Problem

Default A Possible Problem

As some of you may know, I am still an occasional bed wetter but lately it has been occurring more often. I wet 4 times in the last week and I wet about 4 times a month on average. Last night was the latest incident. I decided not to wear any padding after a long debate with myself and I went to use the bathroom (and quite a bit came out) and this was the last thing a did. I woke up a few hours later to find that I had just finished peeing in the bed and it was like I had a full bladder. I cleaned up and went back to sleep and when I woke for the day up I had to go again pretty badly.
    Any reason for worry whats so ever.

I would wear a diaper on a nightly basis and make an appointment to see a doctor.

something is causing your body to stay awake and prosses the pee. this can be caused by stress or other things, if it is stress i find that just having a diaper on makes me feel more safe and less stress, other then that if you don't want to wet the bed stop drinking liquids 3 or more hrs before bed and go to the bathroom before bed even if you don't have to go.

what stress would be my question. Anxiety is a root for many things after all.

The only thing I could think of is stress but it only happened on day from the whole time this has been happening

Do you find yourself very thirsty all the time?
    There is a condition called "Central Diabetes Insipidus" where the body has too little of the hormone vasopressin, which limits the amount of urine the body produces. Without vasopressin, the kidneys do not work properly to keep enough water in the body. The result is a rapid loss of water from the body in the form of dilute urine.

There is a Desmopressin tablet/pill (DDAPV) that is used to control excessive urination during the night.

Like oleman72 said; Definitely see a doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattrap View Post
    Do you find yourself very thirsty all the time?
    There is a condition called "Central Diabetes Insipidus" where the body has too little of the hormone vasopressin, which limits the amount of urine the body produces. Without vasopressin, the kidneys do not work properly to keep enough water in the body. The result is a rapid loss of water from the body in the form of dilute urine.

There is a Desmopressin tablet/pill (DDAPV) that is used to control excessive urination during the night.

Like oleman72 said; Definitely see a doctor!
    This brings up a very good point.

I also would not stop drinking before bed just because I might wet. It is important to maintain proper hydration for the body to operate properly.

Anyway, there are other medical conditions that can contribute to bed wetting. Diabetes is one that you should be screened for as it can be especially dangerous. So the suggestion to see your doctor is a very very good idea.

If you can rule out medical or anatomical causes and the wetting is something you want to stop or better control there are bladder stretching and pelvic muscle exercises that can help.

Some of the other things that often affect sleep wetting include constipation, sleep disorders, sleep apnea, stress and conflict at night, going to bed with too full a bladder, drinking too much before bed, medications, alcohol, and even a lack of night time potty training. Constipation seems to be a major contributor that is also very common, so if this is also present this is one of the areas I would deal with.

It is also possible to have a number of factors at the same time. Psychological factors are also a possibility, especially if it have a history of trauma or being abused (PTSD) would qualify and psychological trauma.

Hope this helps.

It's fairly normal to have an accident even though you went to the bathroom right before bed, or even got up to go after you'd been asleep. If your body has excess water floating around and feels like getting rid of it, it will. Stress can trigger this. As can a number of other things.

However if your bedwetting rate increased 400% randomly then i'd go see if you have a UTI or something.

See how the next week goes...

Thanks for all the comments it has calmed down and seems to be back to normal.