Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipe Warmer

Default Wipe Warmer

does anybody here have a baby wipe warmer?

I bought one at wal-mart a couple years ago, I don't use it in the summer, but in the winter i use it all the time....

Nothing makes the little one inside of me cry like being touched with an ice cold baby wipe.

Now! If I could find a baby lotion warmer.

somone explain.... I understand the consept but how does it work?

basically it is a wipe box that has a heating element in the bottom.... the element is not exposed. you also have a "pillow" in the bottom... it is like a sponge that gets warm and keeps the wipes from turning brown

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    basically it is a wipe box that has a heating element in the bottom.... the element is not exposed. you also have a "pillow" in the bottom... it is like a sponge that gets warm and keeps the wipes from turning brown
    So, it keeps the wipe from turning brown...until you, yourself, turn it brown... nice concept heh

Anyway, I know what you mean, ice cold wipes...eek

FullMetal

The concept is that baby wipes are generally cold in different parts of the country. You therefore, can warm up the baby wipes via machine to cease the discomfort caused by cold wipes. I don't personally find it a problem, but I could understand how someone would on a cold morning, especially an infant.

I've also never used one of these machines myself, but a Non-DL/xB friend told me she got one for a birthday present some months after I got her into using baby wipes strictly for toilet purposes. I had left a container in the bathroom for myself, and one day there was no toilet paper so a couple of my friends had reported using the wipes as an alternative. They enjoyed their experience so much, they stopped using TP altogether.

Kind of like one of those Apple "Switch" stories.

Peachy

Sounds like a great concept...to lose a lot of money on energy!

I can see the general advantage for babies, who need to be wiped down every couple of hours. Excluding incontinent people I generally believe that most DLs/ABs/TBs don't really have a need for warm wipes anyway - we may use them once a day at best, and if you're too bothered about the cold wipe just warm up the package in the microwave before you use them.
    Besides, I keep my wipes in the bedroom, which has normal room temperature (17-20C), so the difference between my body temperature (36C) and the temperature of the wipes isn't really that bad. Of course that may be a problem if you keep them in a cold place (like the bathroom with the windows open).

Peachy

We have one, and we find it a waste. Besides, the longer the wipes sit in there, the bottom ones get dried out, so the more you waste. Whats the point of a dry baby wipe?

oh heck i add water to them, even when not in the warmer, they are too dry - even right out of the package

soren456

I got one for Christmas.

(Bought it for myself.)

(Love it!)