Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Craziest Change Ever Attempted

Default Craziest Change Ever Attempted

So I changed myself in a public area for the first time. But I was too scared to do it in a public bathroom, so I thought "Heck with it", parked in the most secluded place I could find, and did it in the front seat of my truck. Whether it be the bravest and\or dumbest thing I have ever done, it was a rush and did get it on rather well (might have to fix it later). But for future reference, is there a way to get over my bathroom fear so I don't have to repeat this experience?

Well.... uhhh.... I mean..... I don't get it. What happens in a bathroom stall... stays in the bathroom stall...

I guess it crinkles a bit and you have to do it standing up which sucks... but... yeah.... I don't really understand how this is a problem?

Nobody really know's what that crinkling sound is inside a bathroom stall... except a diaper lover.... so.... what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarecrowJoe View Post
    So I changed myself in a public area for the first time. But I was too scared to do it in a public bathroom, so I thought "Heck with it", parked in the most secluded place I could find, and did it in the front seat of my truck. Whether it be the bravest and\or dumbest thing I have ever done, it was a rush and did get it on rather well (might have to fix it later). But for future reference, is there a way to get over my bathroom fear so I don't have to repeat this experience?
    I've changed myself in some public bathroom stalls, as well as in the front seat & back seat of my truck. The best advice that I can give to get over the fear is to just repitition. The more you do it, the more comfortable you'll be doing it. I was scared to death the first few times that I changed in a bathroom. I started to look for bathrooms that were private, and I could lock the door. Then I started changing in stalls. I was lucky for a long time, that no-one would come in when I was changing. Then I had several changes in a row, where there was no one in the room when I started, and several when I was trying to finish. After those changes, I started to get more comfortable, with having people in the area, when I'm in the stall. I still prefer to have an empty room, when i'm changing, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

Sorry to burst your place bubble but the craziest change I've ever heard of is on the interstate alone going 70ish miles per hour.

I've been incontinent for a couple years now and I understand that fear. It is something you'll want to master though. I think that the OP's changing in his truck is a start. When it comes to actually changing in the bathroom there's a couple things to remember.
    1. Most larger public bathrooms will have a handicapped stall. Perhaps the privacy leaves something to be desired, but we all evacuate...you just did it before you went into the bathroom instead of while there.
    2. Standing up is the easiest way to do things, and once you get used to it it's not that big of a deal. I suggest before trying to change in a bathroom you might want to try changing in a private place several times standing up. This will help because you're used to the process now and can get in, get changed, and get out.
    3. If you're in one of those small 1 person bathrooms and you're still paranoid about being noticed, turn the water on when you get in. This will likely mask the sound of the diaper's tapes.
    4. Don't worry about it. As has been said many times before, there's far more people in diapers than we realize. There's no need for fear. If someone decides to ask you what you're doing with a diaper? It's a medical condition...even if it isn't...people are unlikely to ask further, but don't be shy! You're lively and taking on the world.
    I hope my advice has been helpful. and one more little piece of it, paper lunchbags...need I say more? keep them in your diaper bag at all times!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Sorry to burst your place bubble but the craziest change I've ever heard of is on the interstate alone going 70ish miles per hour.
    Well granted. But it's the craziest I've attempted at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    I've done that, except for the alone part because I wasn't the one driving

...That would be crazy...To change while driving...Especially if it was as your avatar suggested and you were on a bike

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Well.... uhhh.... I mean..... I don't get it. What happens in a bathroom stall... stays in the bathroom stall...

I guess it crinkles a bit and you have to do it standing up which sucks... but... yeah.... I don't really understand how this is a problem?

Nobody really know's what that crinkling sound is inside a bathroom stall... except a diaper lover.... so.... what gives?
    Personally, the biggest problem I have had is hiding the used rolled-up diaper when leaving the stall, as mostly there is no trash in each individual stall. Even rolled-up tight it is quite easy to identify what it is. Had some rather embarrassing moments by the washbasin/hand dryer after that :-)

Side note on the bathroom stalls of the world. From all my travels, it seems that (in general!) the stalls in the USA are the least diaper-changing-friendly, due to their openess. There are often cracks along the side of the doors, big open gaps under the divider/doors, and also they don't always make them high enough! Here in Europe they tend to be more enclosed, allowing for more privacy. Just my findings.

andrew.

Craziest place I've changed is whilst hiking, outside in broad daylight hiding in bushes with my back up against a tree. But I have no problem changing in public bathrooms. Often the cubicle door in the mens' stalls don't have locks but that doesn't matter, I'll be leaning with my back against the door anyway. No-one will know what you're doing; they'll assume the rustling sound means you're messing with shopping bags or something.

I have been at this for some time an I can honestly say that I still prefer to change in my truck over using a public restroom unless I really have no choice in the matter. What helped me was the same self talk that helped me to buy diapers at a store before the Internet became an option, I would first make sure there were minimal others around then I would just remind myself that no one I know will be around and that anyone who is around, I won't see them again anyway.

Ok, I must admit that I have always had a fear of public restrooms anyway. When I was a kit I would not use the, not even in school, unless it was an absolute emergency. I would hold it, pee and all, until I hit home. Over time I overcame it part of the way and ow I an pee in a public restroom but nothing else, unless it is a big emergency.

Diaper changes have been much the same. With time and a lot of positive self all I have gotten to the point that I can change in a public restroom if I really need to, which is definitely the case when I travel.