Thread: Glad to find a sane diaper community.

Default Glad to find a sane diaper community.

I started wearing diapers when I was ten. When I was 35, I started wearing them every night. Eight years ago I started wearing them 24/7. All my family and some of my neighbors and friends know I wear them. I don't hide them in my house, the diapers are stacked on by headboard in clear sight of anybody who comes into my house. Nobody has ever given me grief over it.

Over the years I discovered a great cure for diaper rash, cured myself of carpal tunnel by wringing out my diapers every morning when I take my shower, improved my sleep by wetting in my diapers at night instead of getting up, learned the calming influence of drinking from a bottle, and just in general learned to fill my life with the joys that come from wearing diapers.

As an herbalist, I have learned herbs that not only improve my health, but also enable me to wet the bed. I have learned sleeping positions that enable me to wet the bed effortlessly. There are many excellent benefits to wearing diapers.

I do other things in science, metaphysics, and music. Life is great.

I hope to meet others here who have developed the diaper lifestyle who might share a thing or two with me.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehorse View Post
    I started wearing diapers when I was ten. When I was 35, I started wearing them every night. Eight years ago I started wearing them 24/7. All my family and some of my neighbors and friends know I wear them. I don't hide them in my house, the diapers are stacked on by headboard in clear sight of anybody who comes into my house. Nobody has ever given me grief over it.

Over the years I discovered a great cure for diaper rash, cured myself of carpal tunnel by wringing out my diapers every morning when I take my shower, improved my sleep by wetting in my diapers at night instead of getting up, learned the calming influence of drinking from a bottle, and just in general learned to fill my life with the joys that come from wearing diapers.

As an herbalist, I have learned herbs that not only improve my health, but also enable me to wet the bed. I have learned sleeping positions that enable me to wet the bed effortlessly. There are many excellent benefits to wearing diapers.

I do other things in science, metaphysics, and music. Life is great.

I hope to meet others here who have developed the diaper lifestyle who might share a thing or two with me.
    Care to share on the herbs and positions? :p I digress. Welcome to adisc, Whitehorse. Congrats on a great introduction. I am also a great fan of music, in particular jazz styles and older music in general. I can't really help you out on the diaper lifestyle side, being 17 and all, but I'd be interested to hear more about your experiences. Thanks for joining us here, Kiwidl.

hello whitehorse, welcome to adisc.
    it is nice to meet other ABDL who are open about their habits. I believe it is not a good thing to have to be very discreet, as it needlessly makes diaper-wearing feel like an obscene act. However, many of us feel it is necessary to keep on the low down to protect the reputation of ourselves and our families. If someone asked you about why you have diapers, would you explain that you have a sanitary need for them, or would you genuinely discuss how they truly comfort you?

In my experience with diapers lately I've worn at night and clean up in the morning, as I live with family and have to be discreet and careful. It's not as enjoyable this way, as I've liked wearing much more so in the past where I have more freedom to enjoy them in my own apartment. I've also found wearing diapers at outdoor concerts/festivals very fun - wearing them makes dancing much more fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    Care to share on the herbs and positions? :p I digress. Welcome to adisc, Whitehorse. Congrats on a great introduction. I am also a great fan of music, in particular jazz styles and older music in general. I can't really help you out on the diaper lifestyle side, being 17 and all, but I'd be interested to hear more about your experiences. Thanks for joining us here, Kiwidl.
    Hi Kiwi, the music I work with is based upon the Lambdoma scale. It is actually an ancient music scale attributed to Pythagoras and which I am using for modern compositions. It requires a lot of explanation as the science behind the Lambdoma music is very different from today's tempered scale music. Like you, I like jazz and older styles of music. The music I am composing is for videos I will be producing later next year.

There are many great herbs for diaper wearers. The most important is dandelion. The French name for dandelion literally translates as "piss the bed." I drink dandelion tea every day when I take my vitamins. The dandelions have soluble calcium and potassium, which is very good for the heart and circulatory system. If you really want a wet night, drink a tea of chamomile and uva ursi just before going to bed. I usually drink about three bottles of juice beginning a few hours before bed time. The juice I drink is two thirds Fiji water and one third 100% fruit juice (blueberry pomegranate and home made apple juice are my favorites right now). The fluids are good for the body.

When watermelon and strawberries are in season, they are a regular part of my diet and also make for wet nights.

The best position for wetting in is the fetal position with the butt in the air and the knees under the torso. It may take a few weeks to get used to. I do not sleep in this position all the time, but when I feel like I need to go pee in the middle of the night, I can now get into this position without fully waking up. I do not have to try to wet, for if I wait in this position long enough, the wetting is natural. I believe this is why many babies and children sleep in this position. It was a great improvement in my sleeping when I found this out.

Also, for me the best mattress to sleep on is 8" memory foam, which can be bought very reasonable at walmart.com. There is no squeaking of the mattress and the memory foam makes it easier to assume the fetal position. I also do exercises right in bed before getting up and starting my day.

Thanks for the welcoming wishes.

Welcome Whitehorse! Glad to see you.. and happy to hear you are able to keep everything out in the open!

I did some searching about these dandelions, it appears to simply be a natural diuretic.

Interesting Facts

The word Dandelion comes from the French name for the plant dents de lion. This means teeth of the lion and refers to the jagged edges of the leaf of the plant.

The other French name for this plant is pis-en-lit, in English this means wet the bed. Dandelions deserve this name because their greens, when eaten, remove water from the body. So eating the greens could cause someone to well… you can guess the rest. Not recommend for a bedtime snack.

Theoretically taking a diuretic pill would have the same effect, but, as someone that does not wet the bed naturally, diuretics do not cause you to uncontrollably wet the bed under normal circumstances. I had dabbled with these pills as a child and can attest that it does not work for a healthy non-bedwetter.

Just sayin!
    Last edited by BabyMitchy; 15-Oct-2012 at 13:14. Reason: forgot to greet (DOH)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakittycoon View Post
    hello whitehorse, welcome to adisc.
    Thanks.

it is nice to meet other ABDL who are open about their habits. I believe it is not a good thing to have to be very discreet, as it needlessly makes diaper-wearing feel like an obscene act. However, many of us feel it is necessary to keep on the low down to protect the reputation of ourselves and our families. If someone asked you about why you have diapers, would you explain that you have a sanitary need for them, or would you genuinely discuss how they truly comfort you?
    I tell people I find diapers very comforting. Also, eight years ago I experienced a severe compound fracture of my lower left leg, which left me bedridden for four months. I chose to wear diapers 24/7 rather than use a jug and nobody said anything about it. The fall that broke my leg also compressed my spine and made me fecal incontinent for three years. I found some exercises that fixed the fecal incontinence but still like to wear the diapers.

I am getting older and I meet a lot of people in their 60's and older who share that they are starting to experience enuresis from health problems. I share with them that I wear diapers to deal with mine and it is not a big deal at all. I can tell that there are at least two other regular members of a local fraternity I belong to that also wear diapers to deal with their incontinence, and also the wives of others. It is really no big secret. When you walk down the isles of department stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores and see huge sections devoted to adult diapers, then it must be obvious that someone is wearing them.

I do not just walk out to someone and say, "I'm wearing diapers." But I also do not make any effort to hide the fact. I also think diapers can be used to make a fashion statement. This is something I am still working on.

In my experience with diapers lately I've worn at night and clean up in the morning, as I live with family and have to be discreet and careful. It's not as enjoyable this way, as I've liked wearing much more so in the past where I have more freedom to enjoy them in my own apartment. I've also found wearing diapers at outdoor concerts/festivals very fun - wearing them makes dancing much more fun to me.
    I can relate to this. When younger I was also conscientious about wearing diapers. And it probably would have affected me negatively if someone had teased me or harassed me about it. Thankfully, that never happened. There was actually one time just after I started wearing diapers around age 10 when my step brother saw my diaper poking out of my pants. Right in front of my parents and sister he said, "Your diaper is showing." I said, "whatever," and ignored him after that. He was more angry that he didn't succeed in embarrassing me than I was in being outed. Later on, my step brothers simply accepted the fact that I wore diapers and one of them even gave me some large safety pins he had found. I thought that was cool.

I agree that it is a good feeling to wear diapers in public venues. It is good to be yourself in the presence of others without having to rub anything in their face. We can be accepted because we are decent people and not because of what we do or do not wear. I keep a low profile on my wearing diapers out of respect for others who may feel uncomfortable about it. It is not good to make people feel uncomfortable, and it is good to not let others make us feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    I did some searching about these dandelions, it appears to simply be a natural diuretic.
    It depends on the person, really. Someone with a natural tendency to wet the bed will be more likely to just wet. Someone with a tighter bladder will have a full bladder and a need to go. That is what the fetal position is good for.