Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the Suburbs!

Default Greetings from the Suburbs!

Hi everyone,

I'm a rather expressive and slightly outgoing computer geek. That doesn't mean that I'm not shy! I also am interested in automobile repair and design, although my day job as a computer technician takes up most of my time. I can be very pedantic and technical but I'm generally an easygoing guy who just likes to get along with people and have a nice conversation. I read a lot too and am currently working my way through the Dune series.

Basically I have urinary incontinence and the occasional bowel accident. As a result I wear diapers and (usually) enjoy the fact that I do. Guess it worked out that I'm also an AB haha.

Anyway, when I'm not explaining to (usually) kindly old ladies how their USB drives work, I enjoy good science fiction, be it TV, a movie or a book. I do some bad scifi too but that's mostly for the humor value. I have other interests in horticulture, philosophy, science in general, math in general, GLBT activism and I like leaving things in better condition than I found them. I also do work on my own car and other friends' cars as well. I'm not a pro mechanic by any means but I know my way around. I went to college for anthropology and have a job in an unrelated field.

I'm kind of a shy person sometimes. Other times I'm outgoing and friendly. I do hope to contribute to discussion but I do lurk at times because I find that sometimes my question has already been asked and I benefit from reading people's thoughts. I'm somewhat accustomed to my situation, so I may benefit from support in feeling more comfortable but I do enjoy other aspects of life and am open to talking about all sorts of things. I'm just not that talkative and generally only comment when I believe I have something to say that someone else hasn't already said. Thanks for reading!

Hi there autonerd1337! Welcome to ADISC.

I myself am a computer geek, and like cars. I don't read so much, I usually catch the movie, but ehh, I blame it on being busy

What kinds of cars do you like? I have a soft spot for modern high speed sedans like the AMGs or the M5. But I like a lot of supercars and sports cars too.

Hope to see you around!

I'm a fan of sports sedans too, usually smaller ones though there are exceptions. The BMW M3 is a favorite of mine. I prefer cars with AWD though since I live in the mountain suburbs of New England, like my former Impreza WRX, or the project one in my parents' garage that doesn't run well or drive yet. I sometimes have to travel down a dirt road in the snow to fix someone's computer making the AWD useful.

Quote Originally Posted by autonerd1337 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a rather expressive and slightly outgoing computer geek. That doesn't mean that I'm not shy! I also am interested in automobile repair and design, although my day job as a computer technician takes up most of my time. I can be very pedantic and technical but I'm generally an easygoing guy who just likes to get along with people and have a nice conversation. I read a lot too and am currently working my way through the Dune series.

Basically I have urinary incontinence and the occasional bowel accident. As a result I wear diapers and (usually) enjoy the fact that I do. Guess it worked out that I'm also an AB haha.

Anyway, when I'm not explaining to (usually) kindly old ladies how their USB drives work, I enjoy good science fiction, be it TV, a movie or a book. I do some bad scifi too but that's mostly for the humor value. I have other interests in horticulture, philosophy, science in general, math in general, GLBT activism and I like leaving things in better condition than I found them. I also do work on my own car and other friends' cars as well. I'm not a pro mechanic by any means but I know my way around. I went to college for anthropology and have a job in an unrelated field.

I'm kind of a shy person sometimes. Other times I'm outgoing and friendly. I do hope to contribute to discussion but I do lurk at times because I find that sometimes my question has already been asked and I benefit from reading people's thoughts. I'm somewhat accustomed to my situation, so I may benefit from support in feeling more comfortable but I do enjoy other aspects of life and am open to talking about all sorts of things. I'm just not that talkative and generally only comment when I believe I have something to say that someone else hasn't already said. Thanks for reading!
    Hi autonerd1337 Welcome to ADISC.

Well I have to admit I'm not very good with computer sadly. Oh another petrol head. Well unlike ilikecars I have a huge passion for Classic cars although they're not quite fast by today standard but still I love them oh just small FYI my dream cars is VW Karmann Ghia, Ferrari 250 GTO, BMW M5(E28), Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10), Ford Torino 429 Cobra Jet, Dodge Charger 500.

Yeah I like some scifi but not in general sadly I'm mostly into Thriller and Action in TV,Movies and book. So what is your favorite? . Wow I really want to be active in support of GLBT activism but I still son't want my family to know so that is quite hard really. Maybe someday I can do that.

Well I hope you enjoy ADISC and make some friends here.

PS: Oh almost forgot if you like AWD why don't use SUV instead?

That's a nice list!

I think Star Trek TNG is my favorite TV series? I like a good action or thriller movie too, such as the Die Hard series. I actually do like Star Wars in addition to being a Trekkie.

I tend to like the handling advantages of something with a lower center of gravity. I like the idea of rallying but I'm not the right type of crazy to do it. Though there is sometimes a point when I end up borrowing my friend's Jeep if I need the ground clearance and weight for traction.

I tend to like the handling advantages of something with a lower center of gravity. I like the idea of rallying but I'm not the right type of crazy to do it. Though there is sometimes a point when I end up borrowing my friend's Jeep if I need the ground clearance and weight for traction.
    Hey! I'm kinda late to this thread, but I'm a huge car fan (especially Subs). Ten points if you can gues the make and model of my avatar! I also love the handling of a Subaru, and the 4wd traction, although yeah dads Nissan is better for the rough. :p nice to meet you!

- - - Updated - - -

I would also love to rally. My friend owns an old rwd Starlet rallycar with a twin carb 4k. Pretty sweet.

I think that's an early 90s Subaru Legacy wagon? I see a few of those in this area since Subaru is a popular car make around here.

That's a nice list!

I think Star Trek TNG is my favorite TV series? I like a good action or thriller movie too, such as the Die Hard series. I actually do like Star Wars in addition to being a Trekkie.

Thanks but I don't know if I can realize it though

I like Die Hard too... Can't wait for the next film

Well isn't that a Leone?

Default Re: Greetings from the Suburbs!

Hi autonerd1337 and welcome to adisc.

I too am a computer nerd. I work on multi-million dollar systems for a large corporation. While it is fun, I prefer PCs.

I also like fixing cars. My car breaks a lot, so I have plenty of opportunity to practice. My dream car is a honda accord that I can do a full jdm swap on.

Well, see you around.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

I think that's an early 90s Subaru Legacy wagon? I see a few of those in this area since Subaru is a popular car make around here.
    Close but no cigar... Correct period though, for the end of manufacture. It's actually a 1988 Subaru Leone GT/II Touring Wagon with STi drivetrain. 225kw in an 1170kg body! Spacious too. Archer's on the money.