Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shy bladder in bed

Default Shy bladder in bed

I wore diapers for the last couple of weekends, but I haven't achieved my goal of peeing in bed, yet I've been able to do it at any other time, even walking. I've even manage to lie on the floor, and I flood no problem.

At one point I was even feeling pain the kidneys trying to pee in bed. I think it is a fear of spillage, but I'm not entirely sure.

same here, it just takes time to get your body un-trained.

I can go whenever I want to, when I'm alone. I decided to test myself in public, so I wore to an SAT test... and the steel bladder strikes again. Not quite un-trained enough for public quite yet... >,<

Quote Originally Posted by SubterraneanSun View Post
    I wore diapers for the last couple of weekends, but I haven't achieved my goal of peeing in bed, yet I've been able to do it at any other time, even walking. I've even manage to lie on the floor, and I flood no problem.

At one point I was even feeling pain the kidneys trying to pee in bed. I think it is a fear of spillage, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Interesting how you have no problem when lying on the floor, but can't do it while in bed.
    It could be the "fear of spillage" as you put it, where the brain actually tells the body that it's not the right thing to do. Maybe wait till you really need to go, and just try relaxing while thinking of water?
    I know with me I have to force it a bit, and tighten my abs/core to be able to go.

Maybe you could try sitting up in bed first. If it is a "fear of spillage", as you said, then it might help if you put down a plastic sheet or a towel first. That way, if it does flood, the towel will absorb it and the plastic will keep it off of your bed.

Default Re: Shy bladder in bed

I like the plastic sheet idea for your spillage fears. What works for me is to pee standing next to the bed, and once it's flowing well then lie down. That might get you started. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lots of people, including myself, have this (or had) this problem. Your best bet would be to make sure you really gotta go and remove all fear/doubt about leakage. What I did was first thing, I made sure I was using a premium diaper (I used an Abriform), then eventually I was lying there one night, feeling like the pressure couldn't build anymore and was finally like "screw it, I'm gonna go and I don't care what happens" and forced it out. At first it took some effort and would come out slowly, but eventually you get use to it and it get's easier. Just keep on trying and try to relax more and "not care" about what happens I guess. Also if you're of legal drinking age and a drinker (as in, DO NOT start drinking to achieve this goal) then a beer or two before going to bed may help, but the beer is like training wheels. Good to help get you started, but the goal is to get use to it so it can happen more naturally.

It is very common, I've found starting to pee while standing next to the bed and then lying down helps get you over it. After near 40 years of trying I still can't let go when I wake up in the morning no matter how bad my bladder is bursting.

To achieve your goals, you need to loose the inhibitions you have regarding wetting the bed. Try to understand what these might be. Is it simply the dread of ruining your bedding? do you have bad childhood memories of punishment for wetting? or is it the social stigma of a wet bed?

To help me loose my anxiety, I find it helpful to wet a little before getting in to bed. since I'm already wet, what's the big deal is I wet a little more? My moist diaper reminds me of what a little boy I am and what a failure I am at potty training. So I'm not expected to stay dry, right?

For a little inspiration, read the description of baby Pants bedwetting hypnoptic tape at Baby Pants. Don't put to much pressure on yourself. Afterall, this isn't an olympic event! Just enjoy the relief and freedom from adulthood that wearing a diaper brings.