Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did my new friend just drop a hint that she's an AB?

Default Did my new friend just drop a hint that she's an AB?

Last night I was a having a texting conversation with my new friend (we have only known each other for about three weeks). The conversation started with me asking her how her break went, she told me, I told her. Then somehow the conversation got on to her wanting to become a teacher.
    I asked her what age group she wanted to teach. She responded young elementary. I told her this would suit her well. She asked why, I said her personality and demeanor would make her good with kids.

She said its easier to relate to children, and that she's a child at heart. To which I responded, aren't we all.

This is where it gets odd...

Her next response is quote,
    "Well, I'm slightly worse. It's hard to explain."

"Say no more, I can relate" I say as I sit halfway across the east coast with my onsie on sucking my pacifier.

She then goes on to say that she doesn't follow social norms, and that she doesn't understand people. I then respond that the only person who can truly understand someone is that individual themselves. She then says that her two best friends can understand her perfectly, and that no one else knows "all of her", not even close family or loved ones.

She says I probably can't understand this, to which I say I definitely can. She says I seem far to normal. I say normalcy is an illusion.

The point is she kept implying that firstly she is far stranger than your average person, second she is childlike, and thirdly what ever it is is known only to her two best friends. And in my mind, that describes THIS.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking and reading into something that isn't there, but is it a crazy leap to make that she was hinting at being an adult baby?

Default Re: Did my new friend just drop a hint that she's an AB?

Well, those are pretty much the same hints that I've dropped before, but they are just hints. You can't come to the conclusion from that.

I don't really know if you should advance the subject or not. The only real way to find out the truth is revealing yourself, but I'm not saying that you should... at least yet...

Default Re: Did my new friend just drop a hint that she's an AB?

Let me start off saying that I don't know this person, so ignore this if you know something to the contrary.

Don't make assumptions yet. She may be alluding to something else. Also, as far as intimate relationships go, she is giving you an opening to be more intimate. And I mean intimate as in, being completely open and honest about any topic. To do this, you need to share something intimate with her.

With that being said, this is how I would approach the topic. I would first let her know that I understood what she was saying and that I wasn't the average normal person. And I would tell her something harmless like, "I have a pacifier collection." I would see what her response is to that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well, like rocky said, those are also the same type of hints I pretty much drop too, personally I would be the type who was so caught up in the possibility that I couldn't wait for the answere, and probably say to her, " you know how you said that there is a part of you that nobody understands except your two best friends? Well there is a part of me that is actually quite the same that I want to tell you about because I trust you..."
    However there is a lot of wisdom in what babysteve said, so you might want to go that route. Either way I think it is definitely worth finding out, in this case I think you might have lucked out with a catch, if not, well, she'll just be a little closer to knowing the real you, which in a relationship is supposed to be a good thing. I say go for it and find out.

Presume Schmesume! She's dropping giant bomb sized hints. It may not be as far as diapers however... When I told my best friend about it he could relate to me completely when it came to blankies/teddy bears/pacifiers... but when I brought diapers into the open....
    well....

He could not understand it. To him the diapers are some sort of wierd thing to do because of being in denial about being gay or some nonsense like that. I mean he really never understood it. I recently spoke with him again as an adult and tried to explain it again... which I did a much better job this time. He thought some really strange things about me I was able to clear up....

Not that he understands diapers. Nope... he doesn't.

BUT.....

Your friend very well might... The problem is... the only way to know for sure is to bring it out there.

You could start out by telling your friend at least a big hint....

"Say, I have a secret part of me too.... It's nothing gross and it doesn't involve hurting anyone and I have a feeling you and me might be the same but I am afraid to just blurt it right out. I really would like to talk about it with you but I am scared."

And see where that goes?

I do not think it crazy to believe she is an AB. It is not common to have a friend that just so happens to be an AB too, so it is important not to get your hopes up. If it turns out she is not I don't want you to feel that disappointed, but, like others have said, bring it up slowly. Drop some hints of your own so she can test the water. Personally I think that the chance she is an AB is pretty good. I mean come on we all use those excuses, and say those things. I say go for it. I hope that whatever desk ion you make turns out great!

Best wishes,
    Jnoto

Quote Originally Posted by Jnoto View Post
    I do not think it crazy to believe she is an AB. It is not common to have a friend that just so happens to be an AB too, so it is important not to get your hopes up. If it turns out she is not I don't want you to feel that disappointed, but, like others have said, bring it up slowly. Drop some hints of your own so she can test the water. Personally I think that the chance she is an AB is pretty good. I mean come on we all use those excuses, and say those things. I say go for it. I hope that whatever desk ion you make turns out great!

Best wishes,
    Jnoto
    Thanks.
    That is the real problem. My real fear here is that i want this to be the truth so badly, that I am afraid my own bias will lead to my destruction. The evidence in my opinion is not truly in anyway conclusive, but it is pushing me to want to try and tell her. My logic is having a battle with my impulses, and I don't know what to think.

Ok first tell her you like kid movies tame stuff ,or coloring some stuff like that. Work your way to the truth that way it in steps she is doing the same thing. Good luck.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but I would respond to her in such a way that she is not afraid to talk to you and can start drawing conclusions about you and maybe feel comfortable telling you more. For example when she says that she is childlike, you can say something like, "trust me, I am probably more childish than you" and continue a conversation by saying that some people may not consider you normal too. You can tell her you have a secret too in such a a way without revealing your secret. That way you will each start giving more pieces to the puzzle until either you feel that your secrets are "equal in awkwardness" and you are willing to share with each other, or one of you will realize the others secret is not as bad as the others and will stop short of telling all the hints and details until the time is right, or never.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but I would respond to her in such a way that she is not afraid to talk to you and can start drawing conclusions about you and maybe feel comfortable telling you more. For example when she says that she is childlike, you can say something like, "trust me, I am probably more childish than you" and continue a conversation by saying that some people may not consider you normal too. You can tell her you have a secret too in such a a way without revealing your secret. That way you will each start giving more pieces to the puzzle until either you feel that your secrets are "equal in awkwardness" and you are willing to share with each other, or one of you will realize the others secret is not as bad as the others and will stop short of telling all the hints and details until the time is right, or never.
    Yes this is perfect.... Throw your own hints. The post earlier where I said what to say in bold may be too scary for you so start it slower and admit less at a time. Although admitting you feel like a child doesn't really give away diapers at all. It's also really innocent to admit you sleep with a teddy/plushie or something also... tons of people do. If you admit this and the responses back are positive yet she STILL responds with.... "Yeah but with me it's even worse than that..." Well... that is the response I WOULD GIVE myself, directly implying diaper wearing. At that point I would feel pretty confident about it.