Thread: Pacifiers long term?

Default Pacifiers long term?

Maybe those of who use them on a more frequent basis could help out here.

I'm a poor college student. I feel irrisponsible enough as it is when i spend money on padding. about 7 months ago i got myself a standard generic nuk5 pac and i /love using it./ I'm 6'1'', though, so i'm a pretty tall guy / have a larger jaw / head than most... So even the nuk5 is a little small and tends to fall out of my mouth.

More of the point, My nuk has had holes and even a break along the very tip for several months now and i haven't yet replaced it.

My problem right now is this: If i get a nuk7 pacifier from the cheapest place i could find them it's going to cost me 47.69 dollars (53.54 once shipping is included...) How do you guys pay for that every few months when they wear out That's crazy expensive!

Is there something i'm missing here? is there a way to get a replacement nibs for guards you already have and replace them yourself for cheaper? Is there a cheaper store for these i'm just completely missing?

Not sure how much help this will be, but maybe try using nuk 3s for the in-between period. They are really cheap and still feel good. Obviously, they would be small for you, but I can tell you that I have had nuk twos and even ones in my mouth and, while they are way too small, they are absolutely better than nothing and all three sizes are great for pricing.

goodnites81

what i do is use baby bottle nipples instead of pacifiers crazy cheap

I have not found a place the sells them much cheaper than that. I use a Nuk 5 and i do have to buy it every few months. For me it totally worth it. I use my pacifier all the time. So for me I could never go back to a Nuk 3. They 5's fit way better in my mouth and I am interested in trying a 7. To me spending the money on a pacifier is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Maybe those of who use them on a more frequent basis could help out here

I'm a poor college student. I feel irrisponsible enough as it is when i spend money on padding. about 7 months ago i got myself a standard generic nuk5 pac and i /love using it./ I'm 6'1'', though, so i'm a pretty tall guy / have a larger jaw / head than most... So even the nuk5 is a little small and tends to fall out of my mouth.

More of the point, My nuk has had holes and even a break along the very tip for several months now and i haven't yet replaced it.

My problem right now is this: If i get a nuk7 pacifier from the cheapest place i could find them it's going to cost me 47.69 dollars (53.54 once shipping is included...) How do you guys pay for that every few months when they wear out That's crazy expensive!

Is there something i'm missing here? is there a way to get a replacement nibs for guards you already have and replace them yourself for cheaper? Is there a cheaper store for these i'm just completely missing?

Quote Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
    I have not found a place the sells them much cheaper than that. I use a Nuk 5 and i do have to buy it every few months. For me it totally worth it. I use my pacifier all the time. So for me I could never go back to a Nuk 3. They 5's fit way better in my mouth and I am interested in trying a 7. To me spending the money on a pacifier is a must.
    What... Is the place?

Quote Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
    Pacifiersrus.com
    They're /more/ expensive for nuk-7. o.o