Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Confusing introduction:

I'm not 100% sure what to do here. A while ago I found out that a friend is really a DL and has been one for a long time. I think she's interested in me partly because I'm incontinent. I got hurt years ago.

I find her lifestyle interesting. I'm pretty sure she sees more in me though. I'm a lot more than that. We're probably OK because I'm pretty sure she didn't know that about me before she told me her secret.

This site has some good tips, and I feel people's pain about feeling like an outcast. Some of what I've read I can relate to. Other things I really can't.

About me? I know I'm not a great writer, but it's a hobby I like. I write about health and healthcare (for another site and some other stuff). If a person doesn't have health issues, that's probably not too exciting. I don't know.

Anyways, this is getting long. Hi to all.

Spaniel

Hi and welcome to ADISC, where we know our audience. Tell a bit about yourself. What else do you do besides writing? Do you like art, music, movies? What floats your boat? Also, its kinda cool to have a DL girlfriend. Wish mine was.

Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Confusing introduction:

I'm not 100% sure what to do here. A while ago I found out that a friend is really a DL and has been one for a long time. I think she's interested in me partly because I'm incontinent. I got hurt years ago.

I find her lifestyle interesting. I'm pretty sure she sees more in me though. I'm a lot more than that. We're probably OK because I'm pretty sure she didn't know that about me before she told me her secret.

This site has some good tips, and I feel people's pain about feeling like an outcast. Some of what I've read I can relate to. Other things I really can't.

About me? I know I'm not a great writer, but it's a hobby I like. I write about health and healthcare (for another site and some other stuff). If a person doesn't have health issues, that's probably not too exciting. I don't know.

Anyways, this is getting long. Hi to all.
    Hi, Laned. An interesting story indeed, and a great introduction post. There aren't many I.C. people out there with DL friends, if I had to bet! Welcome to the site. I hope that you find whatever it is that you're looking for here, and help your confusion too. To that end, if there's anything in particular you want to know about us and our lifestyle, feel free to ask.

Thanks, and hope to see you again.

Hi back. Definitely a movie fan. Popular and obscure. Does that mean I bat for both teams. Really liked Sideways which is sort of in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops sorry. I meant to mention that my friend is not a "girlfriend", just a good friend. Good enough to tell something she's only told one other person I guess.

My SO doesn't understand the medical stuff so maybe we're a little bit the same. I wish people understood a little.