Thread: Sleeping Dogs?

Default Sleeping Dogs?

Anyone else play or like the video game Sleeping Dogs? I just started playing it less then 2 weeks ago after putting together my new PC gaming rig. My 7870 came with a voucher for a steam key for Sleeping Dogs and I figured it and BF3 would be a good bench marking test.

Anyways I only just played a little after The Wedding mission and decided to try using Fraps to record some gameplay.

I loved this game :3 I pre-ordered it for the PS3 and I beat it in 2 days It's a pretty good game. It's funner if you understand cantonese :P

I have this game and its good, i like the fighting and story.
    Havent beat it yet so hopefully the ending isnt a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I have this game and its good, i like the fighting and story.
    Havent beat it yet so hopefully the ending isnt a disappointment.
    I heard the ending is a disappointment in that you get to make no choices between being a cop or being a triad in the end with two or more different ends.

I finished it on PC when it first came out. May play the 360 version for the achievements. I enjoyed it but combat is way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyNaruto View Post
    I finished it on PC when it first came out. May play the 360 version for the achievements. I enjoyed it but combat is way too easy.
    in the bigger fights I find I still can come close to dying when fighting like 7-9 people at a time. But for the most part it is easy and to keep it from being boring you got to mix up the combo's a bit. I really love the leg breaker combo though. It looks great and it makes everyone else flinch. I'm working up to the arm breaker combo now.

lol wei's teacher is the best :3 Sadly it's true. You can't choose in the end but I feel like the end is a cliff hanger for a sequel. Atleast I hope there will be a sequel.

It certainly looks like a lot of fun - I missed buying it when it was on sale on Impulse/Gamestop recently though.

Is the handling and play style similar to the GTA/Mafia series, or is it closer to Saints Row (2 - I haven't played The Third yet)? There was something extremely frustrating about the way Saints Row 2 seems to play for me that makes me avoid it... reminds me of Freedom Fighters back in the day, whose interface I forgave because the subject matter was so appealing.