Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I admit defeat.

Default I admit defeat.

After five long years of struggling with side of me, I have finally accepted this side me, as my profile now says.

I have accepted that this is a part of me, that it is okay, and I shouldn't care what others think.

SO WORLD, I AM A DL....and I am not afraid to admit it anymore.

I suspect you'll find that self-acceptance is a continuum, but you've taken a really important step for your own mental health. I hope that you'll be able to look back at this in time and see how your life has improved. Congratulations!

It's not defeat until someone is standing over your fallen body laughing manically.

Yes, I see this as a victory since the desires aren't going away. It's far better to be able to accept it without feeling guilty than to wear and hate yourself. As long as you keep it in balance, a time and place, so to speak, you'll be fine.

Default Re: I admit defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddeath View Post
    After five long years of struggling with side of me, I have finally accepted this side me, as my profile now says.

I have accepted that this is a part of me, that it is okay, and I shouldn't care what others think.

SO WORLD, I AM A DL....and I am not afraid to admit it anymore.
    I'd say that admitting you are a DL is a victory rather than a defeat. Congrads. We are with you all the way.

I meant a defeat to my self-consciousness about this part of me. If you understand, like I am tired of denying it, and just gave up and accepted myself for who I am.

Yeah, congrats on accepting this side of you. Just don't look at it as defeat. It's part of you; it doesn't hurt anyone and it's not against any real laws or rules except those of social conformities. You can keep it in your private life and with those you trust and care about most. Most people have "sides" or things that most people don't know about them that make up who they are.

Congrats, I did this and my life seemed better because of it and you might feel the same way about it.

Falkio

I fought it for a short while then realized its never going away. Coming out to my mother and having her accept me made it much easier. Its a definite struggle at first, but in time, you hopefully get over being weird. I'm weird in many other ways though, so I essentially get a pass from my family on a lot of things.

Plus, having a secret life is fun! I'm happy for you, man.

I agree, I think this is a victory, not defeat. You've come to a fuller understanding of who you are.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-Oct-2012 at 18:00. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.