Thread: In 20 years time...

Default In 20 years time...

Ok so it's been about 3 years since I was really into this scene and lifestyle. I took those years off in an effort to focus on my schooling and career. This fetish and lifestyle came about when I was very young and I was lucky to have the Internet by age 11, but because of this, I don't think that I ever really paid attention or cared about the general growth of this society.

I bring this up because I was recently at a littles meet up in my city. And seeing as I live in one of the most bustling cities in the world I thought the group would be sizable..it was quiet the opposite though. I didn't mind that the meet up group was small, it was still cool to meet up with little pressure and stuff but it got me wondering...

in general, do you think that the age play, abdl, dl scenes are growing? are they shrinking? maybe staying the same?

I know that no one can answer these questions with even relative certainty, but it has been 17 years since I found out that I was a diaper lover and other than 1 or 2 tv shows mentioning the fetish, I don't see a huge change in the public eye..

I know that for bdsm, over the past 20 years, people are more open and more aware...I've seen slaves roaming around time square...

so I'm wondering, what do you think the future of our culture will be like in 20 years time? go further if you have a theory of the future of this scene in general.

BA

Perhaps they are staying the same size but the difference is the number of AB/DLs having access to the internet has increased exponentially in the last 20 years so we can now contact each other with ease. We have members from Alaska to Australia here, there are members here who thought they were the only one with their desires for years so to imagine there were people across the globe who shared that interest is incredible enough but now people who live in the same cities/states/countries can arrange meet ups with incredible ease like the one you went to. The size may not have changed much but it has appeared to increase solely by the online presence that sprung at the dawn on the internet and in particular the last 5-10 years.

I can't imagine there will be the same growth over time, sites will arise and fall and some will be permanent fixtures (let's hope ADISC is) but as new AB/DLs are born and come online and are able to sign up we will become much better connected so as to simulate growth.

SkarTiger

There are rumours that they're trying to get rid of diapers all together! They'll just instantly get children potty trained as quickly as possible so that could be a huge bummer for us. Yes, it will be better for the environment as in the UK over 8 million dirty diapers are taken to land fills every day. So when you look at it that way; it's not so bad for everyone else but for us, the people who were born before the time diapers were abolished, we'll be stuck without diapers :'(.

However, it may not be that black, the system may take decades to get running before it'll become effective and unless they discover a completely safe, cheap and effective cure for incontinence and bedwetting, there'll probably still be diapers around for those people who suffer it. Conditions like that won't disappear overnight.
    Skar
    Last edited by SkarTiger; 06-Oct-2012 at 23:07. Reason: Spelling

pamperchu

It grew very quickly with disposable diapers in the 80s and the internet in the 00s with about a 20 year gap growing up wearing plastic diapers and the internet available to everyone, causing it to boom. It was easy to find others like you, and so it grew very fast. Now I think we will see growth that matches the population growth. as in 1 out of xxxx will be ABDL.

I think we will see linear growth from 2012 to 2032

I have been into diapers for well over 20 years and I have seen growth, mostly because of the accessibility of information. What I really feel is that the number of people with an interest or desires is probably pretty good percentage of the population. Fear, social stigma, etc is likely to keep the number that actually try anything down. Still the number is the number. With more diaper advertisements, better availability of diapers and especially online shopping where things can remain discreet I see the trend growing.

Ok, over the past 10 years there has been clear growth both in awareness but in online communities. Over the past 5 years there seems to be even more of a surge. Again we are not talking huge numbers but it is also not as rare as most would think.

I have long felt it would become mainstream accepted in the near future. Clearly this is not happening and the fact that diapers carry such a stigma will be the reason that it never fully goes mainstream. I do, however, feel there will be tremendous growth in awareness, participation and even to a degree acceptance over the next 20 years.

Take diapers out of the equation and the number of people that clearly have a little side and actively participate is huge. They may not identify with the rest if us but they really are just a subset of a much larger and quite diverse community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkarTiger View Post
    There are rumours that they're trying to get rid of diapers all together! They'll just instantly get children potty trained as quickly as possible so that could be a huge bummer for us. Yes, it will be better for the environment as in the UK over 8 million dirty diapers are taken to land fills every day. So when you look at it that way; it's not so bad for everyone else but for us, the people who were born before the time diapers were abolished, we'll be stuck without diapers :'(.

However, it may not be that black, the system may take decades to get running before it'll become effective and unless they discover a completely safe, cheap and effective cure for incontinence and bedwetting, there'll probably still be diapers around for those people who suffer it. Conditions like that won't disappear overnight.
    Skar
    I love rumors like this because they are always based on some all powerful group making the thing happen. The funny thing is that the group is always called "they," "them" or something very similar.

I actually call BS on this one primarily because I have heard of no such research or effort and because there is just no way to make this happen. It is not possible to instantly potty train a baby although there are people who think they have methods of doing just that. The diaper years of childhood development are a very important part of growing up.

Lets not forget that just in children such methods only have very limited success rates. Heck they can't fully cure or stop bed wetting so how are they going to turn society into a diaper free zone. Then look at those with various forms of incontinence. Again there are management tools but there is still a need for diapers quite often.

Besides, even if this did happen there are now companies making AB/DL diapers that are very good. They would continue operating even if they had to go underground.

So no, this will not happen in our lifetimes unless something truly miraculous happens.

Okay I can get this question. I see that in 20 years the numbers of ABDL will increase. And my prediction is that thanks to internet we gonna have more ABDL from other parts of the world. I mean look at me I'm currently the only Indonesian TBDL in Internet and I don't believe I'm the only one. They just haven't online yet. So don't be surprised to see more ABDL from other parts of the world like Middle East, Asia, Africa, CIS.

About acceptance it's kinda hard to predict. And honestly I think you can't compare it to BDSM why? Since unlike BDSM we are kinda private about our activity(Of course I have seen some individual stood up). But to be honest I'm not sure in 20 years You can do ABDL stuff in public because of people perception. People perception about ABDL is kinda different than BDSM. There are many people believe we are pedophiles and our job is to change that perception.

Of course that if the world still in peace. If let say Nuclear War or World War 3 erupt I think it will badly effect the world including us.

I think we'll see a lot more people wandering into the community out of curiosity as we become more well known and as information about ABDLs becomes more accessible. As the internet expands, and see both of these as inevitable. Personally, I don't want us to have more a public face. I like being able to buy diapers in the store and have people assume I'm incontinent. The more people know about ABDLs, the more likely they'll be to consider that you might be one if you give them any evidence. Being unknown gives you way more cover.

I don't think the stigma will decrease significantly. People may not burn you at the stake for it, but people will still think it's weird, kids who get found out in school will still get laughed at, etc. I just don't think there are enough fetishists to create the kind of presence that might normalize ABDLs in the public eye, even if people are more aware that we exist.

Falkio

Quote Originally Posted by babyavi View Post
    Ok so it's been about 3 years since I was really into this scene and lifestyle. I took those years off in an effort to focus on my schooling and career. This fetish and lifestyle came about when I was very young and I was lucky to have the Internet by age 11, but because of this, I don't think that I ever really paid attention or cared about the general growth of this society.
    I discovered ADISC at age 17, so I'm a latecomer to the community, although I've liked diapers since a very young age. Over the years, some of my interests have subsided, and I've gained other ones, so everything balanced out. I don't pay much attention to the diaper community outside of ADISC, so I kind of feel the same way. I talk to a lot of babyfurs, but that's about it.

I bring this up because I was recently at a littles meet up in my city. And seeing as I live in one of the most bustling cities in the world I thought the group would be sizable..it was quiet the opposite though. I didn't mind that the meet up group was small, it was still cool to meet up with little pressure and stuff but it got me wondering. In general, do you think that the age play, abdl, dl scenes are growing? are they shrinking? maybe staying the same?
    I live in California. We're a popular place for refugees interested in living out alternative lifestyles, however, that only extends to the northern part it seems. There are definitely people in my state, but not in my particular area. There might be a littles meet in the Los Angeles area, but I've never thought to look. I usually go to the ADISC meets in Seattle when I can. They're great fun if we can get people to go. Overall, I'd say the ABDL community is getting larger. The Internet is expanding everyday, the world population is always growing, and our membership has blossomed in recent years.

I know that no one can answer these questions with even relative certainty, but it has been 17 years since I found out that I was a diaper lover and other than 1 or 2 tv shows mentioning the fetish, I don't see a huge change in the public eye.
    I don't think we'll ever have a positive public image, but we've definitely gotten more balanced exposure. Riley Kilo did a decent job on My Strange Addiction.

I'm wondering, what do you think the future of our culture will be like in 20 years time? go further if you have a theory of the future of this scene in general.
    I think the acceptance of homosexuality is the civil rights movement of our time. If the same trend continues, we'll be more open to alternative lifestyles in the future. There are already places where being unique is perfectly acceptable. San Francisco, Seattle, and Boston have large gay communities.

Alternative lifestyles are growing in the US and i have seen a lot of change in calif and other states over the last 45 years that i have been a DL.

Because of the shows that had ABs on them many in the alternative lifestyles communaty now know about us and are more open to us as a alternative lifestyle.

I would like to see a couple of shows with DLs that did not show that we are all ABs also and balance out the view of our group.

With the growing aging population i see no problems in getting adult diapers but i do see a problem getting GOOD adult diapers.

Companies are going lower grade every year and some are getting so bad that they just barely hold one peeing without leaking.
    others have tapes that don't hold up to active life styles.

But i have seen non AB/DLs going to the companies that make diapers for AB/DLs. i have told a number of people that are IC about Bambino Bianco
    and some of them have loved them they are so good.(they think i know about then because i am a EMT)

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Okay I can get this question. I see that in 20 years the numbers of ABDL will increase. And my prediction is that thanks to internet we gonna have more ABDL from other parts of the world. I mean look at me I'm currently the only Indonesian TBDL in Internet and I don't believe I'm the only one. They just haven't online yet. So don't be surprised to see more ABDL from other parts of the world like Middle East, Asia, Africa, CIS.

About acceptance it's kinda hard to predict. And honestly I think you can't compare it to BDSM why? Since unlike BDSM we are kinda private about our activity(Of course I have seen some individual stood up). But to be honest I'm not sure in 20 years You can do ABDL stuff in public because of people perception. People perception about ABDL is kinda different than BDSM. There are many people believe we are pedophiles and our job is to change that perception.

Of course that if the world still in peace. If let say Nuclear War or World War 3 erupt I think it will badly effect the world including us.
    Acceptance is really hard to predict especially with something like this.

You mention BDSM, I really do not see a direct correlation between AB/DL and BDSM behavior other than the connections that are obvious to us. MANY people have never even heard of AB/DL and a surprising number have also never heard BDSM, which is more mainstream. It is more mainstream because it is a it less taboo, especially in the US.

The biggest challenge is in removing the perception that this has anything to do with pedofilia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMunchkin View Post
    I think we'll see a lot more people wandering into the community out of curiosity as we become more well known and as information about ABDLs becomes more accessible. As the internet expands, and see both of these as inevitable. Personally, I don't want us to have more a public face. I like being able to buy diapers in the store and have people assume I'm incontinent. The more people know about ABDLs, the more likely they'll be to consider that you might be one if you give them any evidence. Being unknown gives you way more cover.

I don't think the stigma will decrease significantly. People may not burn you at the stake for it, but people will still think it's weird, kids who get found out in school will still get laughed at, etc. I just don't think there are enough fetishists to create the kind of presence that might normalize ABDLs in the public eye, even if people are more aware that we exist.
    I agree, I see a lot more people wandering into the community. Historically this has been one of the entry points but as the concept spreads and as the availability of diapers increases the chances of someone giving it a try go up.

Regardless, there has to be an interest or memory, no matter how latent, before someone is willing to overcome the stigma, apprehension or even grossness factor. Those who have had even the slightest feelings before they are exposed to the idea that others are doing it, or before the opportunity to buy or borrow diapers happens.

I also agree that the stigma is unlikely to reduce significantly, although changes in parent and in parental attitudes could change how people feel about diapers into the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    Alternative lifestyles are growing in the US and i have seen a lot of change in calif and other states over the last 45 years that i have been a DL.

Because of the shows that had ABs on them many in the alternative lifestyles communaty now know about us and are more open to us as a alternative lifestyle.

I would like to see a couple of shows with DLs that did not show that we are all ABs also and balance out the view of our group.

With the growing aging population i see no problems in getting adult diapers but i do see a problem getting GOOD adult diapers.

Companies are going lower grade every year and some are getting so bad that they just barely hold one peeing without leaking.
    others have tapes that don't hold up to active life styles.

But i have seen non AB/DLs going to the companies that make diapers for AB/DLs. i have told a number of people that are IC about Bambino Bianco
    and some of them have loved them they are so good.(they think i know about then because i am a EMT)
    It would be good to see other stories done that focus on the DL side.

I have also seen a lot of incontinent starting to use AB/DL oriented diapers because they are getting to be much better.

One other thought that is interesting, the incidence of incontinence also seems to contribute to the community to a degree.

In my state the alternative lifestyle thing seems to be much more hidden, although it is definitely there. I know there are others that are into diapers even in the very small community that I live in. It is just much more hidden here than in most other places.