View Poll Results: Did you Ever play the Hinting around game?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

23 67.65%
  • No.

11 32.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone do the Hinting around game?

Default Anyone do the Hinting around game?

Meaning, you hint about what you are to someone, because you want to tell them... but you know just telling is too risky... so you try to hint that there is something?

I ask because this is something that I know I did as a teen, and I fell right back into it as an adult!

The reality is still that the person you want to tell probably will never guess because it's just such an extreme and different thing. Sheesh, if I had a foot obsession that would be more well known / acceptable.

I am not trying to scare anyone with this! I am prolly gonna follow through... in the next two weeks I am gonna drop the bomb that this secret fetish involves feeling like a child. I doubt they will get it even with that... it's that unknown of a fetish.

It's.......sad.

I know what I am doing trust me I am not asking should I questions etc. I am just asking how many people remember going through this same phase.

It's so ironic.

So familiar.

It all boils down to wanting to feel accepted by someone close to you. And in the case of that closest person rejecting you... well... things don't go well, feel well, or end well.

I will own up to the fact that I do on occasion. There are certainly a group of people who I do not hint around whatsoever, since I know I never want them to know. This list includes co-workers, my parents and other archenemies. However, around those who I care about and wouldn't mind if they knew, I can every now and then. It usually only happens before I take the leap and outright tell them. I suppose it might be my mind just testing the waters a bit.

This is how I ended up telling my boyfriend, lol. We were looking at awful fetish pictures and I said "Hey, what would you do if I was into something really weird? Like shitting dicknipples or foot-tickling lobotomies?" and he immediately responded with "Is it diapers?"
    I was not expecting him to know so I just buried my face in a pillow and said "Yes..." and he said "I saw you looking at that stuff on your computer, you did a really bad job of hiding it!!"

Not at the moment, perhaps when I meet someone who I could see myself building a future with I might but I would tell them eventually so I might just come out with it instead. Besides when I'm lying to someone I get on well with I have a really bad pokerface, like I'll go red and can't stop grinning like a maniac, so it would be easy to tell when I'm hiding something.

I never have. I've told a few of my close friends, no hinting involved. I don't go to lengths to really hide any of my 'little' interests (like my pacifier), but I wouldn't really consider that hinting, since it isn't something I actively do.

I don't but I think about it a lot, I always imagine a scenario in my head how it will probably play itself out. I often think about doing it but my nerves get the best of me and I always back out of it.

This is ironic, because I dropped a hint today.

Living with my dad, we often use the same appliances in the house. This includes the computer and the iPad that I bought for myself (I tend to be a bit generous ^^)

Anywho, today I went out for lunch with my mum who came down to the city after a long trip. After being on this sight for a bit, I felt like trying to drop some hints for my dad so I didn't have to tell him outright. So I hopped onto the iPad and opened a tab with the ADISC homepage on it, in the hopes that dad might see the need to use the iPad at some point when I was out.

I came home after lunch, and no weird looks from him nor any sentences that sounded like "Son, we need to talk" I think I need to try a bit harder XD

I think it's fine to keep quiet but if you do want to tell, I'd recommend treating both yourself and the person you're telling with enough respect to just come out and say it. Hints are notoriously imprecise and you may not be sending the message you intend. Tell when and if you're ready but don't play around with it.

I dropped lots of hints throughout my relationship with my boyfriend like i'd say "oh I'm too lazy to move to go pee I need adult diapers or something l o l" and he'd be all like "okay rad" or "ha yeah do it" and I didn't know if that meant he was cool with me wanted to wear diapers lol but the other day I just came outright and said it and he was all like okay

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Meaning, you hint about what you are to someone, because you want to tell them... but you know just telling is too risky... so you try to hint that there is something?

I ask because this is something that I know I did as a teen, and I fell right back into it as an adult!

The reality is still that the person you want to tell probably will never guess because it's just such an extreme and different thing. Sheesh, if I had a foot obsession that would be more well known / acceptable.

I am not trying to scare anyone with this! I am prolly gonna follow through... in the next two weeks I am gonna drop the bomb that this secret fetish involves feeling like a child. I doubt they will get it even with that... it's that unknown of a fetish.

It's.......sad.

I know what I am doing trust me I am not asking should I questions etc. I am just asking how many people remember going through this same phase.

It's so ironic.

So familiar.

It all boils down to wanting to feel accepted by someone close to you. And in the case of that closest person rejecting you... well... things don't go well, feel well, or end well.
    Lets face it, depending on the relationship and many other factors, this is a really hard thing for most to just outright talk about. In my case my history with being abused, bullied, etc I am sure makes it especially hard for me. In short I am extremely shy about diapers and other potty stuff.

There have been many times I have had a friendship or been in a relationship where I wanted to talk about it but never could. So I definitely dropped hints from time to time, although usually not very obvious.

The only person I have ever opened up to, and it was not even completely, was my wife. This happened very well after we were married and during a time of tender conversation. I had dropped extremely subtle hints for years but then I opened up and was more obvious, still using hints because I just could not open up. As bad as I wanted to be open and to share this important part of my life with her, I could only open up very indirectly and only just scraped the surface. Over time, weeks and months, we were able to discuss more and even shared a couple of diaper experiences together. In the end she was not supportive and I really never came out of the completely, okay to end up hiding again. My revealing this to her was one of the big reasons she eventually left me even though I reassured her that I was done with it forever, and she never had any reason to believe otherwise.

I still drop subtle little hints to others around me but have never again been brave enough to just open up or even drop more obvious hints. The loss of my marriage just adds to the pain that keeps me from taking that step with anyone. Also, the moment I know someone might not or will not be accepting and understanding I cease to hint in any way.