Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taken Seriously

Default Taken Seriously

So, my question pertains to those of you who have a mommy or daddy. I've noticed that when I've had baby time and he tries to tell me to do something it's very hard for me to take him seriously if so don't want to do it.

I'm not sure if this is because when I'm in adult mode he says things like, "Now listen to Daddy" or "Daddy knows what's best for his little girl".

The couple of times I've been a really big brat he has disciplined me. Such as spanking, my butt was sore way into the next day, and I was very scared of him. Another time he tugged my hair but that was okay.

Does anyone else have this problem?

i am the same way with my wife i get babied and she tries to fully make me a baby i find it hard to let her take the raines and give up everything and become her baby for that time when we are in adult mode she still teases me about being a baby and saying if i want a diaper then i have to do this stuff for her lol which is awesome but i cant take her serious alot of the time i dont know why though cause thats really deep down what i want is to be babied and humilated i dont know if we are in the same boat or what but oh well

The problem here is that your little side is fighting against a lifetime of mental conditioning. It starts from a very young age - we get taught to make our own choices, to face the consequences if we make a bad choice, to be independent and self-reliant. Some people might not be very good at it, but the conditioning is there all the same. It's because of this that trying to let go and allow someone else to make the choices is so difficult.

One of the best ways to get around this issue is to have a high level of trust between yourself and your caretaker. If you fully trust someone to make the right choices - even if they might not be choices you like (e.g. bedtimes) - then it becomes a lot easier to follow them and respect them. You have to really know and believe that your caretaker wants what is best for you (or for your little side). Building up that level of trust takes a long time, but it's worth it.

Mornings are absolutely the worst for me. My partner is great, she will give me awesome hugs when I wake up, but then when she tells me it time to get up (you know, like for work and such) I get all silly and say no. Well, then she starts to get grumpy which is kind of a game to me which then makes her even madder. long story short it doesn't usually end well. of course she's right, I do have drag my sorry ass into work. On a brighter note I did have the most amazing regression experience last night...thanks mommy!

As a sidenote (still somewhat relevant, however), I really struggle to take people who think I'm useless seriously.

Yesterday I went to a new doctors surgery, and had to fill out a huge long form about my medical history and details. I asked the woman if she minded if I just sat down in the waiting room to fill it out quickly, and she insisted on reading me every single question r e a l l y slowly. It took more than half an hour! At the end she asked me if I was ok to sign it myself, or if I wanted my guardian to come and sign it for me. I was really confused until I realised she obviously thought I was somewhat mentally handicapped. I couldn't stop laughing about it.

I just hope she hasn't put that on the form for me! :-o

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    As a sidenote (still somewhat relevant, however), I really struggle to take people who think I'm useless seriously.

Yesterday I went to a new doctors surgery, and had to fill out a huge long form about my medical history and details. I asked the woman if she minded if I just sat down in the waiting room to fill it out quickly, and she insisted on reading me every single question r e a l l y slowly. It took more than half an hour! At the end she asked me if I was ok to sign it myself, or if I wanted my guardian to come and sign it for me. I was really confused until I realised she obviously thought I was somewhat mentally handicapped. I couldn't stop laughing about it.

That must have been a wierd experience for you - I'm surprised you didn't stop her part way thru!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post

So ask a doctor, but if you're with some class of disorder, it's job for psychos (obviously they can sign you as a person with some class of disorder, not any surgery doctor, I hope...) So good luck with it.

There's a lot of people, who automacily match us as assholes with failed head, but as lot of us know, it's not in this way. But sure there are a few bad heads between us. Recently I remember at another ABDL forum discusion about "if this person is or isn't pedoo."

Quote Originally Posted by monkeegurl_90 View Post
    So, my question pertains to those of you who have a mommy or daddy. I've noticed that when I've had baby time and he tries to tell me to do something it's very hard for me to take him seriously if so don't want to do it.

I'm not sure if this is because when I'm in adult mode he says things like, "Now listen to Daddy" or "Daddy knows what's best for his little girl".

The couple of times I've been a really big brat he has disciplined me. Such as spanking, my butt was sore way into the next day, and I was very scared of him. Another time he tugged my hair but that was okay.

i think it would be easier when there's a clear line between real life and role-play. if he's talking baby-talk to you and calling himself "daddy" when you're in adult mode, that makes it sound like he's not taking YOU seriously as an adult. that's bound to put a strain on a relationship.

similarly, spankings and pulling hair as part of a role-play scenario are fine. but if that's how he treats you as part of your daily life, that's abuse. i think if you both make sure you agree on when real life ends and role-play begins, you'll find it much easier to let yourself get caught up in the moment when you're role-playing.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    The problem here is that your little side is fighting against a lifetime of mental conditioning. It starts from a very young age - we get taught to make our own choices, to face the consequences if we make a bad choice, to be independent and self-reliant. Some people might not be very good at it, but the conditioning is there all the same. It's because of this that trying to let go and allow someone else to make the choices is so difficult.

One of the best ways to get around this issue is to have a high level of trust between yourself and your caretaker. If you fully trust someone to make the right choices - even if they might not be choices you like (e.g. bedtimes) - then it becomes a lot easier to follow them and respect them. You have to really know and believe that your caretaker wants what is best for you (or for your little side). Building up that level of trust takes a long time, but it's worth it.

I definitely agree! Having a caretaker that you trust makes a whole world of difference. After you trust him/her enough you may finding yourself agreeing with him/her about these things. Give it time though!

Default Re: Taken Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by monkeegurl_90 View Post

Communication, communication, communication. That's the cornerstone of the relationship in all aspects including ABDL play. You have to outright ask daddy when are you serious and when are you not, and when are you RPing and when are you not. Ask him if he needs any clarifications from you when you are serious.

Even in my limited RPing with my wife I make sure I know what she wants and what she is playing games with.

With regards to the sore butt issue, take a leaf or two out if the BDSM playbook and have hard limits, soft limits, and safewords.