Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello! :)

Default Hello! :)

Hi! I'm Joanna from Poland. I would like to find here penpal friends sharing similar interests. I love history (esp. 20th century), books (history when it comes to "serious" literature, crime novels when it comes to fun), architecture, good movies and music. I am very shy and "stay-at-home" person, still loving plushie toys and cute pictures, in need of warmth and love. On the other hand I can be quite sarcastic or stubborn at times.
    I'm transgendered person, so far living my life as a guy (not very masculine, though ), but transitioning is something I am seriously considering, even if not yet sure it's the best option. I lived for several years in denial of that part of my personality, and still have to sort many things out about it in my head. I'm still not very open about it to my family, much less neighbours and general public ( ).
    Although I always loved plushies and cute things, for a long time I considered it just something I like and nothing more. Only relatively recently I started to discover my baby-self.

P.S. I'm not a native speaker of English language, so please forgive me any errors.

Welcome to Adisc joannasissybaby!

I think you made a great introduction here, and your English was very good!

What movies and music do you like?

I am sure you will find that everyone here is very accepting... you can talk with us and find yourself! If you feel like you are more of a girl it's perfectly natural. It's not uncommon to have gender issues since we are all different people and we are all made differently. I totally understand the "kid" in you and the need for love and comfort... and... in the spirit of that...

Have some hugs!

Love,
    Mitchy

Hello I'm kind of a newbie myself I always knew I was an AB but never had a name for it.
    Any way welcome to adisc one of my mottos is if you are going to live live the way you want.

Hope you have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by joannasissybaby View Post
    Hi! I'm Joanna from Poland. I would like to find here penpal friends sharing similar interests. I love history (esp. 20th century), books (history when it comes to "serious" literature, crime novels when it comes to fun), architecture, good movies and music. I am very shy and "stay-at-home" person, still loving plushie toys and cute pictures, in need of warmth and love. On the other hand I can be quite sarcastic or stubborn at times.
    I'm transgendered person, so far living my life as a guy (not very masculine, though ), but transitioning is something I am seriously considering, even if not yet sure it's the best option. I lived for several years in denial of that part of my personality, and still have to sort many things out about it in my head. I'm still not very open about it to my family, much less neighbours and general public ( ).
    Although I always loved plushies and cute things, for a long time I considered it just something I like and nothing more. Only relatively recently I started to discover my baby-self.

P.S. I'm not a native speaker of English language, so please forgive me any errors.
    Hi Joanna Welcome to ADISC.

Well I have good feeling about this we have 4 things in common!. I love history(and like you I prefer 20th century upwards and my specialty is WWII), Books(A massive bookworm here most of my reading is Non-Fiction literature but I also enjoy Thriller Novel as well), Movies(I like all genres), Music(All genre as well although mostly Hip-Hop, R&B, Rap).

Well I think most of people here have that issues as well. But in here you can be totally free to be who you are. We are friendly to everyone in here.

PS: Don't worry I'm also not an English Native speaker and people in here are very nice.

Anyway welcome and enjoy ADISC.

Thank You all for such a warm welcome! That's so kind of You!

BabyMitchy
    What movies and music do I like? Well, mostly older ones, actually. And more precisely - movies: action and crime mystery, comedies, war and historical; music: rock (esp. bit older groups), movie soundtracks and Polish oldies from 1980s and earlier.

Archer
    Indeed, there are some things that we have in common. Although not exactly musical tastes.
    Btw. That Me-262 in Your avatar - it's from JG7? I think I see blue-red stripe on tail but am not sure at this size.

Archer
    Indeed, there are some things that we have in common. Although not exactly musical tastes.
    Btw. That Me-262 in Your avatar - it's from JG7? I think I see blue-red stripe on tail but am not sure at this size.
    Well I have to pay respect to you. Only one people that noticing the Me-262 depicted in my avatar. Was in fact from JG7. It's so awesome to talk to you. So what kind of history you like to learn? Me is WWII and basically every conflict after that. I'm now into Iran-Iraq War and I've researching about Air War during Iran-Iraq War.

@Archer
    Well, there wasn't too much alternative regarding this Me-262's unit, wasn't it?
    My historical interests are military history of XX century. Initially it was mostly WW2, but over time it evolwed and now it's mostly structure and organization of the armed forces. (Not very baby-like, isn't it )
    As for the air warfare during Iran-Iraq war I guess You'll have a problem with getting reliable sources. I guess there is some interesting info on Home - www.acig.org and I believe there were some books on it in Osprey Combat Aircraft series (try google that).

@Archer
    Well, there wasn't too much alternative regarding this Me-262's unit, wasn't it?
    My historical interests are military history of XX century. Initially it was mostly WW2, but over time it evolwed and now it's mostly structure and organization of the armed forces. (Not very baby-like, isn't it )
    As for the air warfare during Iran-Iraq war I guess You'll have a problem with getting reliable sources. I guess there is some interesting info on Home - www.acig.org and I believe there were some books on it in Osprey Combat Aircraft series (try google that).
    You're right it seems they are the most famous units beside JV 44(I like their red-white camouflage personally).

Well me too I'm more into all about armed forces and military conflict around the world.(Well we are the same. A baby who like to talked about military)

You're right I only read from ACIG before I find Iran-Iraq in the air 1980-1988 by Tom Cooper. Quite a rare book but I finally managed to buy them. I've always amaze at how Iranian maintaining US built Aircraft despite the embargo and the ever stronger Iraqis with their new Foxbats and Mirages.

Well, there was also Kommando Nowotny and KG(J)51, not mentioning units converting to bomber Me-262's like KG(J)54 etc.

I think there are also books like "Iranian F-14 Tomcat units in combat" and "Iranian F-4 Phantom II units in combat". There are also some articles on Wikipedia on Iranian aces (perhaps Iraqi too, but I didn't checked) but that's not exactly the most reliable source in the world.
    Probably it was thanks to good (pre-revolutionary) training of both technicians and pilots and significant stocks of spare parts (though removal of computer databases by American advisers apparently caused lots of problems with finding them). While training of Iraqi Air Force personnel never seemed to be too good.

Well, there was also Kommando Nowotny and KG(J)51, not mentioning units converting to bomber Me-262's like KG(J)54 etc.

I think there are also books like "Iranian F-14 Tomcat units in combat" and "Iranian F-4 Phantom II units in combat". There are also some articles on Wikipedia on Iranian aces (perhaps Iraqi too, but I didn't checked) but that's not exactly the most reliable source in the world.
    Probably it was thanks to good (pre-revolutionary) training of both technicians and pilots and significant stocks of spare parts (though removal of computer databases by American advisers apparently caused lots of problems with finding them). While training of Iraqi Air Force personnel never seemed to be too good.
    Yeah it makes me sad that Me-262 is projected as Jager-Bomber(Fighter Bomber) rather than pure Fighter role. It's all fuhrer's fault

Yeah I hear that as well the author is the same. But my books cover more details in all operation rather than focusing on single types. Well Wikipedia articles are quite accurate but the infos are minimum.

You're right but the ironic is that the new regimes imprisoned many US-Trained Pilots and Technician(especially after Nojeh Air Base Coup). But after Iraqi attacks they release the pilots and technician to defend their country. And what makes me amaze it they do their job with full seriousness!. I think their loyal not to Government but their country.

Yeah it's true because Shah is fear that Soviet would attack Iran. He stockpiled many spare-parts and commissioned US defense contractor to built a complex database system called "PeaceLog" Beside that clandestine US(Iran-Contra) and Israel shipment also keeps Iranian planes in the sky oh and also Iranian capabilities to produce some of the spare parts.

Well the problem with Iraqis is that they never have enough good pilot candidates(Most pilot chosen NOT from their skill but their loyalty). And also Iraqis use Export Model Soviet aircraft(so called Monkey Model) as oppose to Iranian who have a lot of sophisticated machine(Like Tomcats for example). And also during the war Iraqis use CGI controlled Soviet Style doctrine which restricted pilot initiative.

But their performances where better starting from mid-war. As their pilots now using Western Style doctrine(from french). And also the arrivals of more Advanced aircraft like MiG-25PDS and Mirage F.1EQ-6.