Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Mormons out there?

Default Any Mormons out there?

I'm looking for fellow ABDLs who are Mormon. I and my wife are in the process of becoming members of CJCLDS. I'm comfortable in my faith and my ABDL but of course plan not to reveal it to any member.
    Just curious what's your stories?

Yes, there are. There used to be a yahoo group just for LDS ABDL's. There is a small group here. Go to http://www.adisc.org/forum/groups/456-mormons.html

I'm a Mormon too. I converted to the Church about a year ago.

Default Re: Any Mormons out there?

Cool. I've joined the group. Thanks for the link.

Supersam1223

Can somebody explain to me what the basic Mormon beliefs are, and how they differ from other denominations. I am relatively unfamiliar with Mormons, and am interested (not in becoming a Mormon, just knowing about them). I figured hearing from an actually Mormon is better than Wikipedia.

We are different from other Christian denominations in that we believe the priesthood (the authority God gives man to act in his name) was taken from the Earth sometime after the persecution and death of Christ's apostles. Without this authority, the world was in a state of general apostasy (a temporary time when God's church is not found upon the Earth). We believe that God restored his church, like he had done before in the past (see Moses), by calling a Prophet in 1820 - Joseph Smith. Christ warned us in the Bible that false prophets would come at the end of times, but that we would be able to know whether they were false by their fruits. God led Joseph Smith to a hill where ancient records written in reformed Egyptian were hidden. These records, called the Book of Mormon, contained the history of a group of people that had crossed over the seas to the Americas from Jerusalem several hundred years before Christ. We consider this book to be sacred scripture from God's prophets in the ancient America's that works hand in hand with the bible (God's scriptures from the other side of the world) in order to establish his doctrine. Furthermore, this book is a fruit that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God which would suggest that the church God restored through him is in fact God's church.

Most importantly, we believe Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that He guides our church through his prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. We encourage all people to not take our word for all this, but to pray and ask God to know if this message is true. Despite how crazy it may all sound, I know that it is true because God answered my prayers when I asked him about the truthfulness of the LDS church and the Book of Mormon.

Really, if you are interested in learning more the best place you can go is Mormon.org | Beliefs and People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They even have people there on chat that you can ask questions if you have any. Best of luck!

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by cr5311 View Post
    We are different from other Christian denominations in that we believe the priesthood (the authority God gives man to act in his name) was taken from the Earth sometime after the persecution and death of Christ's apostles. Without this authority, the world was in a state of general apostasy (a temporary time when God's church is not found upon the Earth). We believe that God restored his church, like he had done before in the past (see Moses), by calling a Prophet in 1820 - Joseph Smith. Christ warned us in the Bible that false prophets would come at the end of times, but that we would be able to know whether they were false by their fruits. God led Joseph Smith to a hill where ancient records written in reformed Egyptian were hidden. These records, called the Book of Mormon, contained the history of a group of people that had crossed over the seas to the Americas from Jerusalem several hundred years before Christ. We consider this book to be sacred scripture from God's prophets in the ancient America's that works hand in hand with the bible (God's scriptures from the other side of the world) in order to establish his doctrine. Furthermore, this book is a fruit that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God which would suggest that the church God restored through him is in fact God's church.

Most importantly, we believe Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that He guides our church through his prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. We encourage all people to not take our word for all this, but to pray and ask God to know if this message is true. Despite how crazy it may all sound, I know that it is true because God answered my prayers when I asked him about the truthfulness of the LDS church and the Book of Mormon.

Really, if you are interested in learning more the best place you can go is Mormon.org | Beliefs and People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They even have people there on chat that you can ask questions if you have any. Best of luck!
    Thanks; I'll give the site in the link a look over too.

im lds too although inactive right now