Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Underage Sex

Default Underage Sex

Well... isn't this an awkward subject, especially since I'm a teen.

Though I am proud to say that I'm a virgin, and don't plan on having sex for a while.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of teens in the modern day who just seem to hump like bunnies, but what are everyone's thought on this "illegal and unholy act"?

(I apologize for the miscommunication I caused from the statement above. It was meant to be more of a sarcastic tag uses to describe it from politicians and some religious officials. I didn't mean to offend anyone, or come of as close minded. Once again, I apologize and have tried to fix it by putting it in quotations.)

I think it's almost 100% wrong. I hate to speak in absolutes, but there is rarely a case where I consider underage sex ok.
    "But it's my body and I can do what I want!" - True, but it's illegal most of the time.
    "But we're in a committed relationship!" - If it's true love, then you can wait.
    "But everyone else is doing it!" - A lot of people also do bath salts, but I don't really feel like nom nom nomming on a face today.
    "What's my sex life to you?" - Nothing, but when you start multiplying it becomes everyone's business when we have to pay taxes and that kid goes into public school or the adoption system or you apply for tax breaks or something else.

Now that I've shared my view, I'd love to hear yours.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01-Oct-2012 at 18:10. Reason: Clarification

I honestly don't care if underaged teens have sex; it seems to me that it's just an arbitrary number some politician made up (similar to how you can join the army at 18, but can't drink alcohol until 21 *cough* bullcrap *cough*)
    As long as there's protection used, I'm fine with it. When a baby gets involved is when I get angry about it, because then it's a strain on the people around them.

safe sex or no sex.
    Last edited by ZakRoo; 02-Oct-2012 at 02:49. Reason: completely missed a point. my bad

O.o thats an interesting view. I agree with zakRoo completely, It's an arbitrary number some one made up. I had sex when i was underage nothing bad happened lol.

Peachy

Illegal? Most teens keep it among themselves, so that's usually not illegal. Over here, the age of consent is 14, and people under the age of 14 cannot legally be punished for any crimes. So you can throw that "illegal" aspect out the window.

Unholy? Depends on wheather or not your religious. As far as I know, most religions have some sort of ritual that introduces a young believer into the adult circles of the church. I think for protestants (the most common religion here), it's called "confirmation" and happens at age 14. After that time, you're considered an adult by the church, so sex is not more or less "unholy" than for 30 year olds.

And practically? If people would stop making such a big deal of it and actually taught their kids responsibility it would be easier. Teens are teens and they do silly things to test their abilities no matter how often you try to tell them not to. So instead of portraying something as bad, immoral and illegal, society should stick to teaching kids to be responsible with it. That applies to alcohol, sex and many other things. Unfortunately, while stupid alcohol results in a day of headaches, waking up in ones own puke and piss and probably having pictures of that shared with and laughed at by friends is not that serious an outcome, getting someone pregnant is. You can't beat natural urges or raging teen hormones, but you can be taught to release those urges in a controlled manner. And that's not being done by either condemning sex as the work of the devil (mind you: Your parents did just that to even bring you into the world), or by screwing around like bunnies. The truth - once again - lies in the middle.

Peachy

I had sex at age 18 with my girlfriend at the time who was 17. Legal age is 18/19 (depends what province) but consent age was 14 (at the time... now it's 16) in Canada. We were in a loving and caring relationship. We used protection and we didn't pressure each other into it at all... therefore, it's absolutely legal. Obviously, there's nothing bad came out of it and I don't see a problem.

Generally, I don't care with underage sex as they are just up to a year apart; and they are in consenting, caring, loving relationship and used protection just like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    also... "...this illegal and unholy act?"
    what are you smoking?
    That is a bit unnecessary and very rude. It is illegal. And if his church preaches against it, then it is unholy too. Heck, most churches preach that sex outside of marriage is unholy, and since there are not a lot of teenagers running around getting married, then underage sex would qualify. So... do not bash someone for their beliefs. Disagree all you want, but don't be insulting.

-----------------------------------------------------

As far as answering the question goes... I don't know what I think about the legality of it. I do think that it should be something that a parent needs to discuss with their teen and they need to go over all the aspects of it. Just because your body is physically able to do what needs to be done for sex, does not mean that you have the mental capacity to handle it or the unforseen consequences that can come from it. There is an emotional connection, an obvious physical connection... and yes, for some, a spiritual connection involved in sex, and some teens just aren't ready for it, even if their bodies and raging hormones say they are.

The human body does not stop developing mentally til the mid twenties. It is impossible for a teen with raging hormones to stop and think... what if I have a baby (side note: condoms don't always protect against that)? What if I have to become responsible? What if I mess this girl up emotionally because after one night, I stop feeling anything for her? The only thing they can stop and think of at that moment is... "Sweet! I'm about to get some!"

It is not a made up number... there is a lot of psychological research and science that went in to that decision. I know a lot of 20 year olds that aren't psychologically ready for sex, but there is no law saying they shouldn't be doing it. And in my opinion... if they are still living at home and not ready for the responsibility of it, they shouldn't be doing it any more than a 15 year old. They are just as immature and just as ill-prepared for it.

That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    That is a bit unnecessary and very rude. It is illegal. And if his church preaches against it, then it is unholy too. Heck, most churches preach that sex outside of marriage is unholy, and since there are not a lot of teenagers running around getting married, then underage sex would qualify. So... do not bash someone for their beliefs. Disagree all you want, but don't be insulting.
    The point I was trying to get across was that his church is not necessarily the rest of the world's, nor is his government's definition of "illegal" regarded as valid by everyone, and certainly not by all other countries.
    What was said was a blanket statement and I lacked the immediate articulateness to respond with anything other than my reply.

I'm not trying to start an argument, and what I said may have been misconstrued.

My belief is, if you're in a committed relationship and are of the legal age for sex and both agree to do so then that's fine. I have never had sex and I don't feel ashamed or embarrassed about it. I'm the sort of person who was brought up with the belief that you should wait until you put the ring on the finger before even thinking about having sex.
    Last edited by tkuk; 01-Oct-2012 at 10:02. Reason: Spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post

The human body does not stop developing mentally til the mid twenties. It is impossible for a teen with raging hormones to stop and think... what if I have a baby (side note: condoms don't always protect against that)? What if I have to become responsible? What if I mess this girl up emotionally because after one night, I stop feeling anything for her? The only thing they can stop and think of at that moment is... "Sweet! I'm about to get some!"
    I just don't think that's true. I know plenty of young girls and boys who have made the choice to have sex, and then when the condoms burst they've gone and sought help. I don't think you're giving credit where credit is due - a hell of a lot of young people realise how terrible having a baby would be and protect against that! (As an aside, don't kids get taught the buddy method anymore? Where you use one hormonal form of birth control and one barrier form of birth control?)

To the OP; I don't think its unholy, or illegal. Here where I live you legally become an adult at 16 - sex and all. You can leave home, join the armed forces, have sex, and until a few years ago you could smoke at 16 too. I think if you're old enough to choose to risk your life for your country you're old enough to have sex. Simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I just don't think that's true.
    Well... maybe not impossible. But definitely 'rarely' will a teen stop and think.

Just as there are some in their twenties, still living at home and just as immature as teens, there are some teens wise beyond their years and more mature than others their age. And as long as they understand the consequences and are ready to accept them, then if it is legal where they are, then go for it.

Personally I do believe that it is something that should wait until you can share it with the one you are going to spend the rest of your life with, and again... "Rarely" does a teen find the one they are going to spend the rest of their life with. They are just looking to "Get Some!"