Thread: Inspiration for weight loss - a better fitting diaper! Hot tips for healthy here!

Default Inspiration for weight loss - a better fitting diaper! Hot tips for healthy here!

So I tell myself constantly that it's a bit silly that my prime inspiration for losing weight and getting fit is to fit into a better sized diaper but as many of you already pointed out, any inspiration is good inspiration for better health!

The best / snugged shaped and fitting diaper for me at the moment is a Depends Overnight Large Fitted Brief w/ the 3 tapes, but the cheap plastic kinda chafes over time.

The less chafing one is Large Attends Waistband w/ 3 tapes but it goes up way too high and is just a bit tooooo big.

My goal is to fit into an Abena M4 Abri-Form X Plus. I'm told that a waist size 34-ish is about an average size for a great fit on those, and I'm told that is a realistic waist for an inshape average male 6'1", some even a bit less depending on build.

I'm 262 right now, at 6'1" so I'm definitely able to lose quite a bit to get out of the Obese range / risky health zone.

After consulting nutritionists and reading several books / watching documentaries, I've determined the following:

For good old fashioned safe healthy weight loss, A few tips:

--Drink more water. 1 pint a day isn't good, drink 8+ pints /day depending on weight/build

--Don't eat processed foods, fast foods, and bagged/boxed/canned prepared foods

--Don't eat/drink alcohol/sugar

--Eat a little less meat and dairy.

--Eat a little more fruit

--Eat a HUGE amount more vegetables than usual

--If not doing any hardcore exercise, at least go for a 10 min walk in the morning and at night, longer if you can.

---------

I figure those sound like basic, non extreme tips and if followed, surely it is a given that one's health would improve.

Any other hot tips? I really would like to fit into an M4 !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cuteshylaugh View Post
    I have a few M4 left here and I'd say they just barely fit. As in, the lower tapes JUST make it to the bottom corner of the front wings. Maybe my thighs are a little larger from bike riding, but not by much if at all. I'm 6'1", 38"w, about 210#. So you have a ways to go. Good luck!

I'm 5' 9" and 170lbs. I would like to get down to 150lbs. However my cardioligist hasn't said anything to me about losing weight or changing my diet. I do walk between 1 to 2 miles eveyday. My weight

has stayed at 170 for the past 3 years. I've never tried any diapers in large but I think they would be to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by cuteshylaugh View Post
    So I tell myself constantly that it's a bit silly that my prime inspiration for losing weight and getting fit is to fit into a better sized diaper but as many of you already pointed out, any inspiration is good inspiration for better health!

The best / snugged shaped and fitting diaper for me at the moment is a Depends Overnight Large Fitted Brief w/ the 3 tapes, but the cheap plastic kinda chafes over time.

The less chafing one is Large Attends Waistband w/ 3 tapes but it goes up way too high and is just a bit tooooo big.

My goal is to fit into an Abena M4 Abri-Form X Plus. I'm told that a waist size 34-ish is about an average size for a great fit on those, and I'm told that is a realistic waist for an inshape average male 6'1", some even a bit less depending on build.

I'm 262 right now, at 6'1" so I'm definitely able to lose quite a bit to get out of the Obese range / risky health zone.

After consulting nutritionists and reading several books / watching documentaries, I've determined the following:

For good old fashioned safe healthy weight loss, A few tips:

--Drink more water. 1 pint a day isn't good, drink 8+ pints /day depending on weight/build

--Don't eat processed foods, fast foods, and bagged/boxed/canned prepared foods

--Don't eat/drink alcohol/sugar

--Eat a little less meat and dairy.

--Eat a little more fruit

--Eat a HUGE amount more vegetables than usual

--If not doing any hardcore exercise, at least go for a 10 min walk in the morning and at night, longer if you can.

---------

I figure those sound like basic, non extreme tips and if followed, surely it is a given that one's health would improve.

Yes! These are all very good for health reasons. I myself am trying to be healthier for this very same reason. I like Good Nights because they are snug, but less snug around the thighs wouldn't be such a bad thing!

Locker666

Did you know that in order to burn off the amount of calories in a Snickers bar, you'd have to walk a football field once, or run it twice. Walking, my friends.

I think you'll see a lot of health benefits to losing some weight. I'm constantly watching mine. Don't drink sugared drinks like soda, and beware of fats. You might pick up a medical guide to dieting. I'd like to lose 10 pounds, but I'm going to need to find some exercise time to do that. Working two jobs doesn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Locker666 View Post
    Did you know that in order to burn off the amount of calories in a Snickers bar, you'd have to walk a football field once, or run it twice. Walking, my friends.
    Is this not the wrong way round surely?! ie you would have to run once and walk twice. My brother (a doctor) says that exercise needs to be enough to make you pant to be effective, so you may have to walk 10 times to be equivalent to one run! Furthermore, walking, unless fast, just wears your feet out although it is good for the mind and soul!!

I like to think of my weight in kg, I hover around 75kg and the upper limit of child nappies is relatively near at 57 - 60 kg (Drynites & Libero Night Comfort) so it is an incentive to make a bit more effort.

Last year I did a low carb diet..
    In 2 x 10weeks I lost a total of 35 kg so thats like 70 pounds.

The point is..
    You need to learn what you eat and what the concequences are when you eat something "unhealthy"
    Only than you can stay on the same weight.

Good luck!