Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of our failed legal system.

Default Tired of our failed legal system.

I am so damn pissed. Yesterday, a cop that molested my little niece went to trial. The bastard admitted guilt and practically got off the hook. All he ended up getting was 2 years probation and sex offender status on city and county level. He almost didn't even get sex offender status. He didn't even get felon status. Piece of shit should have went to prison and got beat to death for being a child molesting piece of shit.

I hate our legal system. One that sends people who do no harm to others for life and then lets those who ruin others' life walk free.

It's about maintaining the status quo. It's nearly like a caste system.

The only reason you want him to be in jail for life and beaten to death is because it was your niece. There's nothing wrong with the system other than your anger. The man was put on the sexual offender's list. His life is ruined. He was most likely fired, and I'm going to assume more legal action was taken on him. You're not tired of the legal system because you found a gigantic fault in it, and it's causing a lot of problems. You're tired of it because you're angry that someone wasn't brutally murdered behind a prison wall by murderous felons.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    The only reason you want him to be in jail for life and beaten to death is because it was your niece. There's nothing wrong with the system other than your anger. The man was put on the sexual offender's list. His life is ruined. He was most likely fired, and I'm going to assume more legal action was taken on him. You're not tired of the legal system because you found a gigantic fault in it, and it's causing a lot of problems. You're tired of it because you're angry that someone wasn't brutally murdered behind a prison wall by murderous felons.
    Please correct me if I take this out of context, but you think that the thing that's wrong here is his anger? If I had a niece who was molested (especially by a cop, they know much better) I would want them to be put into jail for the rest of their life. At the very least this guy should be doing some time in prison. If the law matched what I think he would be put behind bars for the rest of his life not necessarily as his punishment, but as our security that he will never molest a young girl again. There is no crime more unforgivable molestation/rape of a child. The fact is this guy was a police officer and he knew way better. The child involved is probably going to have a mistrust of many people especially those in authority. The damage that this does psychologically is horrific and at best this girl is going to be traumatized the rest of her life and at worst she won't be able to function normally among everyone else in society.

Ok I'm done raging, but seriously what the hell is wrong with our legal system? and more importantly what is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by gottibear View Post
    I am so damn pissed. Yesterday, a cop that molested my little niece went to trial. The bastard admitted guilt and practically got off the hook. All he ended up getting was 2 years probation and sex offender status on city and county level. He almost didn't even get sex offender status. He didn't even get felon status. Piece of shit should have went to prison and got beat to death for being a child molesting piece of shit.

I hate our legal system. One that sends people who do no harm to others for life and then lets those who ruin others' life walk free.
    So all of a sudden the justice system has finally failed because it didn't give you the verdict you were looking for on a case that impacts you personally. Yeah the justice system didn't fail, your own anger management has failed. But please if the justice system has failed don't feel like you should, have or want to call the cops or peruse legal action again.

The guy had to of clearly lost his career and is now a sex offender. His life is over, sending him to prison likely wasn't in the best interest for the state, the public, tax payers or prison system.

Quote Originally Posted by Becute View Post
    If I had a niece who was molested (especially by a cop, they know much better) I would want them to be put into jail for the rest of their life.
    You do realize you just proved his point further while trying to argue against it?
    Last edited by Fire2box; 27-Sep-2012 at 01:33.

Yo, Brother....
    now that the fellow admitted guilt; take him to civil court for damages....
    (in other words, get a civil attorney)

Astra

There's nothing wrong with the system other than your anger.
    There is definitely something wrong with any legal system that gives a child molester probation.

I mostly agree with KuroCat. A tad bit of jail time sounds appropriate though. But for the rest of his life, really? It wasn't like it was pre-meditated murder or something. Not to disregard the violation of a child which is certainly serious but there are much worse crimes than touching someone.

You know nothing of the thoughts that lurk in my head, and no, that is all he got. So what, you have a soft spot for child molesters and rapists? You think they are just nice people who offer little kiddies candy and puppies and shit? You think they are all funny and innocent like that one from family guy?

Actually, I'm angry because it happens all the fucking time and people practically walk for this shit. It sickens me. I am angry because out of all the people, it was someone who that little girl should be able to feel safe around. Someone whose job is to protect and serve, not to rape and molest. Someone who should be kicking in the molesters door and delivering her away from the clutches of who would seek to do unspeakable things to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    So all of a sudden the justice system has finally failed because it didn't give you the verdict you were looking for on a case that impacts you personally. Yeah the justice system didn't fail, your own anger management has failed. But please if the justice system has failed don't feel like you should, have or want to call the cops or peruse legal action again.

The guy had to of clearly lost his career and is now a sex offender. His life is over, sending him to prison likely wasn't in the best interest for the state, the public, tax payers or prison system.
    I would argue against this, that it is in the interest of the public to send a child molester to a.)Keep them from molesting children b.)Punishing them so they don't do it again, I don't believe what he was sentenced to is appropriate punishment.

You do realize you just proved his point further while trying to argue against it?
    I don't really see how that's proving his point. I gave what I would personally feel in the circumstance as well as what I think should happen from a non-biased point of view with my feelings and anger that I feel in general towards this issue. Unless your saying that society shouldn't be angry at child molesters in general, which I find the idea of to be incredibly stupid.