Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying a gaming system need advice

Default Buying a gaming system need advice

I lost my Nintendo 3DS a while back with all the games and am going to buy a new system which is the best to buy?

I like Nintendo games I don't like the Wii tho so the Wii is out. If I get the Nintendo 3DS again I will face the same problem I did before I won't have anyone to play multiplayer games with. Any suggestions on a good modern system?

alu

With modern systems, for online multiplayer best ones would be either the xbox 360 or the ps3, something like a pc would also be good but requires allot of money, there's lots of arguments for all 3 but the basics for online are them 3, it also depends what games you like, if you are into all the mario and pokemon (<3) games then a ds is good, if you like more action and strategy the rest of the consoles are for you.

Stay away from the 360 unless you really want Forza *that* much. I got my PS3 for 199.99 with two games on black friday of 2011 and it came with a 160 GB hard drive. So if you want one I suggest just picking one up then.

as for PC gaming, the entry cost is obviously more then consoles, my new one was around 770 bucks and I didn't have to buy a hard disk or Win 7 for it so that saved me at least 140ish dollars there. Same goes for a DVD drive. However PC games go on sale often and they go on sale more cheaper then their console counterparts.

pamperchu

Get a computer. Playing games with a keyboard and mouse is much easier then a controller and computers have way better graphics. I use steam to manage all my games and there's tons to choose from.

StripesTheSkunk

Xbox 360 and PS3 are about the only "home" consoles, although you could also get some of the more unheard of ones, such as the "Ouya".

PC Gaming is another good way, as it has unlimited titles and online users.

Also, considering you like Pokemon and Digimon so much, I would consider waiting for the Wii U, which will be coming out in (literally) a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by StripesTheSkunk View Post
    Also, considering you like Pokemon and Digimon so much, I would consider waiting for the Wii U, which will be coming out in (literally) a few weeks.
    Technology is always advancing and upgrading its a nonstop cycle. Its like every time a baby changes diapers there's a new something in the tech world. I want something NOW (well by the end of this weekend). I've been holding off for 3 to 4 years (I am tired of waiting) and NEVER owned a gaming console. I have a PS1 old school and owned an N64.

It really depends on the type of games you like. I own all 3 systems and even if a game is on both systems I will only buy it for a specific system that I prefer it on. or for the Exclusives i like.

My 360 is mostly for online multiplayer games like Gears of War, Borderlands, Resident Evil, L4D. Pretty much any games I want to play online with others. Cause most of my online friends are on XBOX and i never run into a shortage of players if i wanna go random.

My PS3 is for stuff like Assassins Creed, MGS, Dynasty Warriors, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, and Mirrors Edge. Games I am mostly going to play by myself.

So in the end look at what games you want to play. And find out which are system exclusives and which are on both systems. Then which ever has more games you like get that system.

ElectricGuitar

Get a computer, or wait for the next generation to come out.

Next gen consoles are propably going to start popping out soon, because of Wii-U.

Well It comes down to either a PS3 or going back to a 3DS (only the XL). I've stated that I don't wait I always have to wait for things in my life. The Xbox doesn't offer free online play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmon View Post
    Well It comes down to either a PS3 or going back to a 3DS (only the XL). I've stated that I don't wait I always have to wait for things in my life. The Xbox doesn't offer free online play.
    And it damn well should have. I can't even comprehend why people pay for such a stupid and shitty service. I pay less for PS+ and I already got over 200 dollars in games free!