Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please tell me why God hates me

BLMProductions

Default Someone please tell me why God hates me

So I'm in college, doing everything right, I'm not cheating, lying or going to class late. I've always been a good person and I help wherever I can and I still get screwed. My mom just called and told me my dad wants to go back to court again. He wants to sue both me and my mom for pretty much everything we have. He is a cheating lying manipulative sociopath and he has a god damn ferrari sitting in his garage with 2 sets of rims worth over 20,000 total. He has cheated on my mom before they divorced and cheated on his girlfriend who I found out is on his side in all of this. I talked to her about this all and I thought I could trust her, well she told my dad and my dad lied to my mom and tried to turn both of us against each other. So why does a genuinely honest and kind person lose to a cheating lying bastard sociopath. Why shouldn't I take my gun out of my drawer right now and solve the situation myself. Clearly I'm in the way of his happiness which is why he's trying to take my college money and my rent money and make my mom go broke and homeless. Why not end it all...... Don't worry I'm not going to kill myself, I'll probably just look at my gun for a while and ponder why the jack asses always win.

Penguinhop

Psalms 9:9-10 says,"The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you." In times like these whens things are unfair you have to put your trust in Him that he'll solve the problem. To know God's name, to put trust in Him and to seek him are ideals of piety, something the Israelites lacked considering they were conquered many times. It may seem tough, but God has a plan.

Then in Psalms 10 it really nails the situation you're going though because it keeps repeating the wicked and greedy attacking the innocent and it goes on to say in Psalms 10:17-18," O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth may strike terror no more.

It's a good things you haven't chosen suicide as it's the worst way to solve a temporary problem and in all serious if you ever talk to your dad or anyone who sides with him, always have a tape recorder. I'm not in any way trying to make a joke out of any of this, but my dad has been able to catch people contradicting themselves in the past using one.

BLMProductions

Suicide was my answer a few years back when my parents were first divorcing, it took my mom 2 hours to convince me to out the knife down and go to the hospital. I came out knowing suicide is stupid but this situation is literally tearing me apart I just dont know what to do anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Foxracer529 View Post
    So I'm in college, doing everything right, I'm not cheating, lying or going to class late. I've always been a good person and I help wherever I can and I still get screwed. My mom just called and told me my dad wants to go back to court again. He wants to sue both me and my mom for pretty much everything we have. He is a cheating lying manipulative sociopath and he has a god damn ferrari sitting in his garage with 2 sets of rims worth over 20,000 total. He has cheated on my mom before they divorced and cheated on his girlfriend who I found out is on his side in all of this. I talked to her about this all and I thought I could trust her, well she told my dad and my dad lied to my mom and tried to turn both of us against each other. So why does a genuinely honest and kind person lose to a cheating lying bastard sociopath. Why shouldn't I take my gun out of my drawer right now and solve the situation myself. Clearly I'm in the way of his happiness which is why he's trying to take my college money and my rent money and make my mom go broke and homeless. Why not end it all...... Don't worry I'm not going to kill myself, I'll probably just look at my gun for a while and ponder why the jack asses always win.
    Biblically, most of God's favorites were persecuted. Many of the great Psalms were written by David while he was hiding from Saul's army, up in the mountains. The righteous are almost always persecuted by the wicked. It sounds like you dad qualifies as the wicked, but remember, God's justice comes later, so hang in there.

Bad things happen to good people. Seven years ago my wife's health collapsed as she is diabetic. The bones in her feet collapsed, causing an infection in one which lasted for six years. I treated her wounds over that period of time. The antibiotic destroyed what was left of her kidneys, and I am her dialysis partner, getting her on the machine every night. We do home dialysis. Twelve years ago I lost my job, and now I work two jobs to make the same amount, so after my second job, I get my wife on the machine. Then I come here to be with all of you. As a side note, I am a Methodist Minister of Music.

I tell you this to urge you to have faith in God, and most importantly, in yourself and your mom. Together, you will find a way and survive. If your dad goes through with this and wins, you can tell him exactly what you think of him, and what he has done to you, his own son. That should give him something to think about for the rest of his life, until it ends.

This will be a learning situation for you, and what you will come away with is this, that you will never want to be like him. Our adopted son learned that lesson when he left his mom and came to live with us. He's a great husband and father, unlike his birth father. One thing I learned when my life came crashing down along with my wife's health, was that God puts us through the fire for a reason. The best steel is tempered in a very hot fire, and hammered by the smith again and again. Every time your dad hammers you, remember that you are in God's forge, and when you finally emerge, you will be stronger than you can image. I am that person for what I have gone through, and I have unshakable faith despite what has happened to m

Rather than be a jackass, which comes naturally to me when asked questions involving why (g)od does anything, I'm just going to point out that there is no natural justice in this world. Innocent people are taken advantage of, robbed, beaten, killed, raped, imprisoned, etc. all the time. I could easily ask why 'god' hates me because both my parents had cancer, which killed one of them and weakened the other, but I will not, because I know that cancer doesn't discriminate between who it affects, whether they're good or wicked. I know that bad things happen to good people, but I also know that bad things happen to bad people.

There's no necessity in this train of thought for divine judgement or divine intervention, because if either were the case, there really would be a statistically significant variance showing that the nicer someone is, the more good things happen to them and the fewer bad things happen to them, while the convers, that the worse someone behaved, the more bad things and less good things came their way. This isn't the case though, and as a result, we constantly hear people ask why bad things happen to good people, and the only sound answer one can give that's not dripping with apologetics is that bad thing happen to good people because things happen.

Now, before anyone gets their feathers ruffled, bear in mind that this IS me putting it politely and trying not to be a jackass.

God does not hate you I'm sure. Your mother and you must be strong to take on your father in court.

BLMProductions

This is the third time he wants to take us to court, I'm sick of hearing "stay strong" or "get past it"

I've dealt with crazy family members that want to sue everyone (including me) too. You are not alone there. If you don't mind me asking, why exactly does he want to take you to court?

Tell your mom to go find a "man killing" lawyer. Get one that will take all his shit. Fuck him.

Just be your god, if that comon isn't good for/with you.

My (now died) father was lost alcoholic making hell at home every fucked day. There's only one way: Get power and all tools to resist. Never allow any intervetion, which can destroy your life. Good luck.