Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Islam Ad in NYC Subway

Default Anti-Islam Ad in NYC Subway

Okay I might be bored people of ADISC with Islamic Political Issues but I hear something that is annoyed me an I think this have some relevant in here since many people in ADISC is US-Based.

Anti-Islamic advertisements to hit NYC — RT

"In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad." You might see this advertisement in Subway of NYC and the massage is clear there are extreme Zionist group claims they're "Civilized Man" fighting an war against "The Savage" which is as you can see the Muslims.

The executive director of the organization that advertise this claimed this is an answer to "Islamic Propaganda" that I'm quoting directly here "It has indoctrinated hundreds of thousands of children into a rosy and romanticized view of Islam that makes them less appreciative of their own culture’s achievements and more complacent about Islamization in the West."

And of course this thing is taken into court and after some legal battle a Manhattan federal judge agreeing that the First Amendment allowed the groups to advertise it in NYC subway.

Of course I'm respecting US First Amendment of free speech and I Don't mind with it. It's like the films I personally don't make it a fuss and I hope Islamic worlds responded not with violence but with fact. If we talking about savages then what should we called Israeli Attack of Gaza in 2006? They killed many innocent people including woman and children and expelled many Palestinians from their home. I mean who is the savages?

I personally believed on peace in Palestine if we cleared all the extremist in each other sides. We can live together. I mean before 1948 Muslims and Jews live peacefully in Palestine. Then come extremist in both side and it's sparked a 60 years war. With countless life lost on both sides. Now all I can do is Praying peace in Palestine.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad." You might see this advertisement in Subway of NYC and the massage is clear there are extreme Zionist group claims they're "Civilized Man" fighting an war against "The Savage" which is as you can see the Muslims.
    Definitely an inflammatory use of "jihad," yes. Unfortunately, it is rather difficult to label Israel's enemies without offending somebody. Would it be better to say "Islamic terrorists?" I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by archer
    If we talking about savages then what should we called Israeli Attack of Gaza in 2006?
    I believe it was an attack on Hamas, which is justifiably labeled a terrorist organization, IMO.

I personally believed on peace in Palestine if we cleared all the extremist in each other sides. We can live together. I mean before 1948 Muslims and Jews live peacefully in Palestine. Then come extremist in both side and it's sparked a 60 years war. With countless life lost on both sides. Now all I can do is Praying peace in Palestine.
    Actually, I think the only viable solution is for all the non-extremists to leave. You cannot get rid of the extremists. They are a natural consequence of the religions and naturally drawn to these specific areas. It's very unfortunate, but what we have with Jerusalem is basically the social equivalent of a Chernobyl disaster--human errors that have forever poisoned a chunk of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Definitely an inflammatory use of "jihad," yes. Unfortunately, it is rather difficult to label Israel's enemies without offending somebody. Would it be better to say "Islamic terrorists?" I'm not so sure.
    Well if they say Islamic Terrorist it would be even worse it's implied that ALL muslim is terrorist I think. But the problem is "Jihad" is often associated with act of terrorism but the real meaning of Jihad is Doing something with seriously. Not killed infidels.

I believe it was an attack on Hamas, which is justifiably labeled a terrorist organization, IMO.
    The problem is they use Banned weapons in Geneva Convention like Cluster Bomb, Phosphorus Bomb and many of the target is civilian target even Hospital!

Actually, I think the only viable solution is for all the non-extremists to leave. You cannot get rid of the extremists. They are a natural consequence of the religions and naturally drawn to these specific areas. It's very unfortunate, but what we have with Jerusalem is basically the social equivalent of a Chernobyl disaster--human errors that have forever poisoned a chunk of the planet.
    OK if your theories were correct either I leave or I joined up Radical Militia(Hell I might be able built one). The problem is your theories only makes the problem even worse there will be endless violence and to be honest I have to disapprove of your theories.
    Last edited by archer; 25-Sep-2012 at 14:52.

Well if they say Islamic Terrorist it would be even worse it's implied that ALL muslim is terrorist I think. But the problem is "Jihad" is often associated with act of terrorism but the real meaning of Jihad is Doing something with seriously. Not killed infidels.
    I understand. I was mainly asking how you would prefer they label their enemies. What do you suggest?

The problem is they use Banned weapons in Geneva Convention like Cluster Bomb, Phosphorus Bomb and many of the target is civilian target even Hospital!
    This is what has been alleged by Hamas, yes. Hamas has an established pattern of placing military targets near civilians as well. I'm not saying that Israel hasn't made mistakes, but there's a difference between collateral damage like that and firing unguided rockets randomly into Israeli territory, which is what Hamas does. I have nothing against Palestinians, but their leadership tends to be just plain awful.

OK if your theories were correct either I leave or I joined up Radical Militia(Hell I might be able built one). The problem is your theories only makes the problem even worse there will be endless violence and to be honest I have to disapprove of your theories.
    It's ok to disapprove, but try to look at this objectively: You have two religions, both of which lay claim to the very same mound of rocks, and both of which are founded upon scriptures that literally prescribe death for the non-believer. Extremists will never stop pursuing these things. That is the definition of extremism, after all, and you will have extremists as long as you have hateful passages in scripture. The territories that make up Israel have been changing hands constantly. I see the present-day Israel as yet another crusade, and I don't think it will be the last. A few hundred years from now, people will be donning radiation suits so that they can complete their pilgrimages to the bottom of the radioactive crater where the last glassy remains of the West Wall and the Rock will be found, and the moonscape within will be dotted with fresh evidence of suicide bombings.

My prediction.

ElectricGuitar

This disgusts me..

Yet another reason why I hate religion. The world would be so much better off without it.

Honestly They have every right to advertise that legally. Not surprising, when you have radical beliefs your doing something wrong if you don't have millions of people hating you, or hate millions of people.

I dunno... the ad just makes the ad maker look retarded imo. Then again, there are plenty of retarded people to appeal to

I agree there are a lot of savages over there on both sides lol. Religion has an innate tendency to empower stupid and/or crazy people.

I'll you what I really don't like though... is that mentality expressed by "this is the answer to Muslim propaganda". This is the same stance people take on a lot of different issues. It's especially popular in politics. "Well, yeah, it's misleading and/or dishonest... but this is what the other side does so this balances things out."

Lies are not balanced out by more lies... Ever. They're just more lies. The end result is the minority of people in the world with a brain just get disillusioned when faced with the reality that facts are buried away under lies from all sides.

Personal opinion: I think the ad creator should be jailed for promoting hatred.

Opinion of NYC Transit Authority:
    "The MTA initially rejected the provocative posters--which read, "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad"-- but a federal judge ruled the campaign was protected by First Amendment rights, forcing the MTA to reverse its decision."

Opinion of NYC Residents: "New Yorkers are taking matters into their own hands, writing “Racist" and "Hate Speech" over the ads."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_shot_2012-09-25_at_2.29.00_pm.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	14261

I guess that the best thing I can say is rational people will see these ads for what they are...Zionist hatred of Muslims....and for what they're meant to do....stir up/anger Muslims world-wide (not just in NYC). Muslims should react to this ad by following the actions of the prophet (pbuh) and promote peace and understanding, rather than hatred and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Personal opinion: I think the ad creator should be jailed for promoting hatred.
    Do you really think that someone should be sent for jail for making an ad, and how would that solve anything?