Thread: A little Awkward hello

Default A little Awkward hello

Hey there guys. My name is Brandi, and I am here for one very specific reason. But let me get through some basic introductions first!

I am Brandi, and I am twenty-five years old. I have three very beautiful children, and am getting married at the end of next year to an amazing man. I am hesitant to join any forums, due to an uncertainty about how these things happen, go, or how friendly the community can be.

I..very recently came into the knowledge that my fiance is what I have found to be referred to as an AB, or adult baby. Shockingly I wasn't really bothered or put off by the idea at all. I've read some into it, and we have had lengthy conversations about the possibility of me being willing to do this for him. I am not going to lie. I feel a bit awkward still thinking about it, and though I do not, in any way, disapprove of any of it, at all, it simply wasn't a thought I had ever entertained.

I am, personally, looking for support, and maybe looking to get to know more about this. This is me reaching out, and attempting to learn what it is, or how it works...if that makes any sense at all. At a later date my fiance may join in and become a part of the community as well, but it took him a long time to break this to me, as he has never admitted this to anyone before.

Being both new to this entire thing, we, as a couple, need as much support as we can find.

He is an amazing security guard and we lead a wonderful life together. I am working on web design/graphic design myself. As a couple we tend to enjoy spending time as a family, once in a while being able to slip out of that role and allow it to just be me and him, which is always wonderful.

So that is me in a nutshell. Though this whole thing has me stepping outside my box, I am never one to beat around the bush.

Hi and welcome!!
    Here's hoping you find what you are looking for. I, myself, am a care taker and an AB so I know a bit about both sides of the role. Just read your other post too. I know that you feel lost, but it would really help if you could tell us a bit more (if you don't mind, that is). Have you both tried anything together yet? Does he have any idea what he likes at all? Are you having questions geared more towards sexy time or cuddle time? D you know if he's been doing things himself and just wants you to join? Sorry I know that's a lot and can be personal.... Seriously, though, I'm happy to help you with any questions and I'm sure many on here feel the same. Don't forget though, just how every relationship is different so is everyone's AB tastes . Just told my fiance at the end of last year and he had never heard of any of it before. He tried to be accepting but a lot of it he wasn't sure about cos he hadn't tried an before and I had tried VERY little on my own. May I suggest something? To start things out, start slowly. Maybe do an activity that you like already, with a little twist. Next time you're cuddling alone... Add a pacifier to the mix... But you as the caretaker can have a bit of a handle on the situation. For instance, whenever it gets brought out, have it sitting on a table somewhere near y'all. After you've been cuddling a few minutes and feel comfy ask him if he wants it. You, as the care taker should be the one to put it in. Wile he's sucking, do normal things that you would to him... Touch his hair, stroke his ears, rub his back... Whatever you feel comfortable with when you want a kiss or he may look like he wants one.... You can give a paci-kiss right on the side or being the care taker, you take it out and you put it back in. Depending on how it goes you may want to try it for just a few minutes or an hour. The first time it may be good to have a movie or tv show in the back ground to avoid awkward silence. When he gets really comfortable, he may want you to read to him while he sucks the paci with his head on your chest. Anyway just a little starting idea. Hope it helps. Much love!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuestioningSilence View Post
    Hey there guys. My name is Brandi, and I am here for one very specific reason. But let me get through some basic introductions first!

I am Brandi, and I am twenty-five years old. I have three very beautiful children, and am getting married at the end of next year to an amazing man. I am hesitant to join any forums, due to an uncertainty about how these things happen, go, or how friendly the community can be.

I..very recently came into the knowledge that my fiance is what I have found to be referred to as an AB, or adult baby. Shockingly I wasn't really bothered or put off by the idea at all. I've read some into it, and we have had lengthy conversations about the possibility of me being willing to do this for him. I am not going to lie. I feel a bit awkward still thinking about it, and though I do not, in any way, disapprove of any of it, at all, it simply wasn't a thought I had ever entertained.

I am, personally, looking for support, and maybe looking to get to know more about this. This is me reaching out, and attempting to learn what it is, or how it works...if that makes any sense at all. At a later date my fiance may join in and become a part of the community as well, but it took him a long time to break this to me, as he has never admitted this to anyone before.

Being both new to this entire thing, we, as a couple, need as much support as we can find.

He is an amazing security guard and we lead a wonderful life together. I am working on web design/graphic design myself. As a couple we tend to enjoy spending time as a family, once in a while being able to slip out of that role and allow it to just be me and him, which is always wonderful.

So that is me in a nutshell. Though this whole thing has me stepping outside my box, I am never one to beat around the bush.
    Hi QuestioningSilence ( Brandi ). Welcome to ADISC. You have come to the right place for support and information, and don't be afraid or nervous here. You are among friends here. I find it totally, fantastically wonderful that you are being so accepting and understanding of your fiance's AB interests. Feel free to ask about any questions you have, and be specific. I am sure the members of ADISC will be able to help both of you very much. So, look around the web site. Explore the various boards, and the articles, and do join in. Feel free to ask us anything. Have fun getting to know ADISC, and it's members. Take care.

I'll join in here as well and welcome you to the site. I commend you for being open minded and accepting. My wife found out about me 4 years ago and she was accepting as well. She has some serious health problems, so we support each other.

Don't feel hesitant on the site, as there are many of us that just poke along, learning the ins and outs of how the site works. I think that by reading the many threads, you'll get a fairly good understanding of who we are and what we enjoy. I might add that we also discuss many other things, so you'll see that we are normal in most ways, blending into regular society. At the same time, most of us find some sense of enjoyment and a feeling of peace participating in this strange calling.

There also is an E-book on Kindle called "There's a Baby in My Bed" which might help you understand age players. I haven't read it, but a friend of mine on this site has, and he says it's pretty good. You will pick up a lot of useful information by reading topics from Teen and Adult Baby as well as the Diaper threads. You will see that some of our younger members feel guilty or a sense of shame from wearing diapers, which is understandable. When we are young, we are searching for, and establishing our identity, one that is often dictated by the norms of society. Older members usually have accepted this side of them, and simply enjoy it, if it's possible.

Feel free to post questions, and once you've made a few posts, you can PM any member. I hope that helps.

Thank you all for replying and welcoming me. I find that I have no sense of hesitation or shame in any of this. I am relatively young myself, but I am a mother at heart. I feel oddly that that might have a huge part in my want to give him this love and nurturing that he seems to be craving from a mother figure. I feel almost honored that he would bring this to me, and I feel, honestly, that this is not only something I can accept, but something I can, and want to do for him.

As for expanding a bit on our situation, I don't see why not. It may be personal, but necessary if I intend to try and get the right kind of advice I think I need. No, we have not done anything together yet. He literally just told me this about himself last night and I am trying my hardest to get more information so that I can understand more. As far as I know he has done very little himself, but what he has done has cemented in him that he needs and wants this. As a couple it is new to both of us, however. Just as I have never entertained this idea, he has not ever acted out with a partner. So this field, in and of itself, is new ground to us both. Neither of us are interested in any "sex" side of it, as he wants the nurturing and loving of a mother, and, yes, has a little side. I have my comfort level here, just like anyone does I am sure, but we have talked very long about this. Way into the small hours of the morning.

I think my biggest thing is the fear that this will start, and I will feel far to uncomfortable to do it. While I accept it, and am actually pretty excited about starting this together, I cannot see into the future, and I know my comfort levels are not always the same as my thoughts on a thing previous to doing it.

I think it is very nice thing that you do. Trying to find out more about this and what you can do for him. It is a very nice and sweet thing. I wish more people was like yo.

I think my biggest thing is the fear that this will start, and I will feel far to uncomfortable to do it.
    You don't have to leap into this at full speed, start with little steps. Maybe he would like having a bear to cuddle with at night sometimes... or you could go see a kiddie *movie together. I just went to see Finding Nemo 3D and I cried a little like a kid.

(*Movies are better with diapers.) ::winks::

Even the "child" end of this situation is likely to be awkward and hard to do at first. I have read all of your posts and it doesn't sound like your boy is wearing diapers currently. IMO if this is something he wants but hasn't done the easiest way to break the ice there is for him to start wearing some times... and then to build up to wearing around you with you knowing.

This alone is a major step towards feeling accepted.

Even this first little step is going to make him feel really good. He can just wear it under pajamas and if you give him a hug and say something like I love my little guy it will probably send shivers down his spine... I know it would if it was me. He will feel accepted, loved, special... just like a child does....you see....

Everyone is different, but we crave that feeling. Perhaps we remember it from our youth....Regardless, the child we used to be is still inside all of us and we especially are able to connect with it and have needs like a child.

The part that can scare a lot of people is they think this could be it. Sure, there are some few cases where a few want to take it to an all the time extreme but that is rare IMO. Most of us are normal people that simply have 2 personalities. Our adult personality may even like zombie movies or jumping out of airplanes. I prefer to maintain a sort of balance of child and adult.

....sorry but I can't skip the toy aisle at the store though....

Love and hugs,

Mitchy
    Last edited by BabyMitchy; 25-Sep-2012 at 17:47.

Wow! Mitchy, why didn't I just say what you did? Lol very true and thank you so much for this. I would like to read this to my Papa tonight. We are still working it all out for that same reason... Where I had hardly done anything by myself I'm still so shy about it. It's also hard to explain especially when right in the middle he keeps asking is this okay? Was that what you like? It's great tha he wants to know and I want to explain but the kid inside of my doesn't talk as much as my adult self so it's pretty hard sometimes. Thank you, Mitchy!! <hugs>

Wow, mitchy. I cannot explain how much that helps, honestly. I am hoping to be the one to help him come out of his shell. I have heard him talk about this, the things he wants, how he wants to feel loved and nurtured. I cannot wait to implement these things to help us both. Thank you so much.