Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so buying this game

Default so buying this game

YouTube - Mirror's Edge, first gameplay!

its called mirrors edge the graphics are amazing and it seems so action packed , this is definitely going on my top games to buy list

what are your opinions on this game?

I think I would want to play the demo first but I'd play it. I don't have the money to buy it however if I could just convince my roommate to buy it.

It looks like it could be fun, although her face is kind of ugly =D

Not worth 50 dollars since its going to be so short and it seams like it will have no replay value for it. I wish gamefly would of rented PC games. And her face is truly ugly for a video game in 2008.. Alyx in HL2 looks great and she was made in like 2004.

is it just me or does it look like this game has some resemblence to team fortress 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Not worth 50 dollars since its going to be so short and it seams like it will have no replay value for it. I wish gamefly would of rented PC games. And her face is truly ugly for a video game in 2008.. Alyx in HL2 looks great and she was made in like 2004.
    I really don't see how you come to that conclusion. The only significant difference I can see is the fact she Asian, and that's looking at high resolution screens. Certainly, most games have faces that are far inferior in quality.

As for the visuals in general, the quality is mainly due to using a high quality global illumination system with bright lighting for the static lighting. They may also have some post-processing to give the image better contrast and colour. It's the same trick that TV retailers use, not that I dislike it. However, it is not because the game is doing anything more sophisticated than any other.

I played the demo twice...The graphics are pretty nice...Looks pretty realistic...The characters aren't that well animated though...I might buy it depending on the price

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I played the demo twice...The graphics are pretty nice...Looks pretty realistic...The characters aren't that well animated though...I might buy it depending on the price
    Demo, where? Does the PC have a demo?