View Poll Results: What makes a male more feminine than manly?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being very clingy/not wanting to be seperated.

17 38.64%
  • Sensitivity(Emotionally/Physically/Spiritually).

26 59.09%
  • Being easily scared.

19 43.18%
  • Crying easily.

22 50.00%
  • Showing one's feelings.

19 43.18%
  • Not liking sports.

9 20.45%
  • Liking to watch "Chick-flicks".

17 38.64%
  • Being a virgin.

6 13.64%
  • Hanging out with girls all the time.

16 36.36%
  • None of these make a male more feminine.

12 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes a guy feminine?

xdeadx

Default What makes a guy feminine?

Okay, so basically I got into a little self-contradiction after a small not really that bad argument with a friend about what makes a guy feminine. So my question is, which one(or more than one), if any, of these things makes a male more feminine than manly.

Please post your choices/reasons for those choices if you do take the poll. Ty

For me?

It actually stemmed from World of Warcraft a bit. Whenever I'd look at different armor stuff, I'd actually say "That doesn't look cute on her... I'll get something else."

I also feel I'm a little more emotional than I should b sometimes. But I think a lot of people have that regardless.

*shrugs*

xdeadx

Sorry for the delay in the poll questions showing up everyone ^^;

It's not these things so much that make a guy seem feminine to me. The things that make a guy seem feminine to me are

• Soft facial features, clean-shaven
    • Higher than usual voice
    • "Metrosexuality"
    • Thin/light frame

Well, if I were to use all of your options as a guide to a "feminine" acting male, I guess I might be considered one as well, however, I'm not. I do cry easy, and I don't care for sports, unless it involves wheels, {cars, racing, etc.}, I'm sensitive to others feelings, I'll watch a chick flick with my wife, and I don't consider myself feminine. I do have to say that when I was in high school and for several years afterwards, a lot of people thought that maybe I was gay, because I didn't date, and I wasn't involved with sports, or go in for the typical "guy talk", the dirty jokes and ogling girls, the cat calls etc...., I was a virgin up to the time I was married at 28. I grew up respecting women, and if I ever acted that way around my parents, I would have been punished for it. I guess I'm what you would call "old fashioned" in my thinking.

xdeadx

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    Well, if I were to use all of your options as a guide to a "feminine" acting male, I guess I might be considered one as well, however, I'm not. I do cry easy, and I don't care for sports, unless it involves wheels, {cars, racing, etc.}, I'm sensitive to others feelings, I'll watch a chick flick with my wife, and I don't consider myself feminine. I do have to say that when I was in high school and for several years afterwards, a lot of people thought that maybe I was gay, because I didn't date, and I wasn't involved with sports, or go in for the typical "guy talk", the dirty jokes and ogling girls, the cat calls etc...., I was a virgin up to the time I was married at 28. I grew up respecting women, and if I ever acted that way around my parents, I would have been punished for it. I guess I'm what you would call "old fashioned" in my thinking.
    You aren't old fashioned at all. I'm the exact same way at the moment. Minus the sport part.

Chevre - I only listed the few things that usually come up at my school or in conversations I've had. If you would like me to add those then I will.

This is of course going to vary from person to person, but for me, it has a lot to do with mannerisms. For instance, the way a man talks or his body language.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole emotional aspect does not make men seem any more feminine to me. I for one am pretty up front with my emotions, but I don't believe this makes me appear more feminine, just more aware of myself. To me, the larger issue in this is that it is bad for a man to appear feminine. I think that it's good if a man has at least some emotional intelligence, yet it seems society in general thinks that men should be unemotional, robotic human beings. It's unfortunate, because the world would probably be a better place with a little less masculinity!

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    It's not these things so much that make a guy seem feminine to me. The things that make a guy seem feminine to me are

• Soft facial features, clean-shaven
    • Higher than usual voice
    • "Metrosexuality"
    • Thin/light frame
    That's what comes to my mind as well. Long hair (if he can pull it off) also tends to add to that, but I wouldn't really consider feminine by itself.

"What makes a guy femine"

Well I'd have to say a guy that does girlish things......