Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing... liesorcake!

Default Introducing... liesorcake!

Hello,

I'm liesorcake. Obviously I'm obsessed with Portal and Portal 2. Also obsessed with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. (I've seen a few brony avatars on here, already. I also tend to lurk forums until I join...)

I'm a college student pretty much full-time, so I don't really have a job. I have a problem managing all of that at once. So, I just do the school thing.

I'm here, mainly because of age regression. I've always had an immature side, never was quite sure why. I seemed to relate to people younger than myself. So I was watching that horribad My Strange Addiction and Riley and I'm like, hey, that sounds awesome. While not a DL person m'self, I can see the appeal in it. So I'd been thinking it over and so I have Abby the 3 year-old, which is just a personification of that other side. I'm still learning all this, and it's giving me flashbacks to when I was a little kid and all the times I was told to 'grow up already" or "act your age". O.o

So, as I said, I'm obsessed with video games, chatting, ponies, computers, fandom in general, science-fiction. And generally if it's geeky, I'm more or less interested in it. LOL Oh, and I am also a writer and a crafter. I feel depressed mostly when I can't express myself in some kind of creative outlet.

Well, I guess that's enough of an opening. I'm just here to explore, and to talk with like minded folk. (Why else join a forum?)

Great to have you here, Liesorcake! As far as your interests in writing, we have lots of writers here and its always fun to hear new stories! A few of the well known writers here have gone as far as trying to get their works published into paperback copies! Anyways, the members here are really nice, and It only took me a few minutes to feel right at home. In my short time here already, Ive found it to be a great place to ask for any kind of advice too.

Cool to have you here. I'm also a brony and also a nerd as well... music nerd. Hope you enjoy it here !

Hi! I can relate to having a less mature side, for me it's the side that's relaxed and ok with things. I'm also into the more nerdy stuff, I love computers, whether just messing around of coding.

Thanks for the welcome! And look at this avatar I found. <3

Also, yeah, the feeling is, I'm 29 and I don't FEEL like I'm almost 29 mentally. I think that's what drew me to searching in the first place. The other is the idea of just letting go for a while and be a kid again, and to be hugged, rocked, tucked in, read to and the security in that.

Hi and welcome. I'm one of the writers on this site, as I've posted three stories. I also have a short story on Nook Books. I'm a musician and an educator. I too enjoy being able to express my creative side, whether it's writing or playing keyboard/piano. This weekend I worked on my novel and started my annual Halloween story for this site. Tonight I played for a big community choir concert, so I stay busy.

I hope we can encourage you to write and post some stories, if that is your creative outlet. Even contributing posts to threads allows one to express themselves in a number of ways. Enjoy!

sorry but i'm just going to rant about your name and this ridiculous portal meme.

There was cake at the end of portal you can see Glados snuff out it's candle. The only lie was Chell was going to live in order to see/eat some of the cake. In any case the world that portal is set in is a very errie one. There's no other human's, your locked in with homicdal AI/robot's and when you get free there's no one. Plus chell didn't even get to keep and/or want the portal gun in the end.

Lastly the meme has been overused, a lot and only further to drags the portal series.

Chell passed out, it could have been a hallucination... Besides the ending was all about GLaDOS being still alive. As it is, the games and world are what draw me in, keeps me playing.

As far as the meme, I reeeeeeally didn't want to use the username I use everywhere else, and choosing an online name is really hard!

Quote Originally Posted by liesorcake View Post
    Hello,

I'm liesorcake. Obviously I'm obsessed with Portal and Portal 2. Also obsessed with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. (I've seen a few brony avatars on here, already. I also tend to lurk forums until I join...)

I'm a college student pretty much full-time, so I don't really have a job. I have a problem managing all of that at once. So, I just do the school thing.

I'm here, mainly because of age regression. I've always had an immature side, never was quite sure why. I seemed to relate to people younger than myself. So I was watching that horribad My Strange Addiction and Riley and I'm like, hey, that sounds awesome. While not a DL person m'self, I can see the appeal in it. So I'd been thinking it over and so I have Abby the 3 year-old, which is just a personification of that other side. I'm still learning all this, and it's giving me flashbacks to when I was a little kid and all the times I was told to 'grow up already" or "act your age". O.o

So, as I said, I'm obsessed with video games, chatting, ponies, computers, fandom in general, science-fiction. And generally if it's geeky, I'm more or less interested in it. LOL Oh, and I am also a writer and a crafter. I feel depressed mostly when I can't express myself in some kind of creative outlet.

Well, I guess that's enough of an opening. I'm just here to explore, and to talk with like minded folk. (Why else join a forum?)
    Not sure if my other reply got eaten. I like the name.

I don't know if I'd consider myself a full-on brony but I'm a MLP fan as well. Who is your favorite pony? :3 Cute Miku avatar too.