Thread: Baby powder in diaper while flying?

Default Baby powder in diaper while flying?

I know there is a long diapered while flying thread but no one has mentioned having their diaper full of baby powder while flying. I always put a lot of baby powder in my diaper before I put it on. I wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble with the new scanners and baby powder in their diaper. I would obviously make sure it was a freah dry one too. I know thy can see my diaper with the new scanners but i wanted ti know if the baby powder would raise any extra attention. I woukd be wearing a dry diaper with baby powder with an XL insert pad.

I doubt it would cause any fuss, since babies have gone though the machine without problems. If there is a problem, it's not like they're going to draw their guns. They'll just take you aside and check to see what it is. They will fix out quickly that it's nothing dangerous, and then they'll just let you on your way.

However, I don't think that it'll be a problem.

TronBaby

I recently passed through portland security with a loaded abena and, a full bottle of baby powder in my carry-on ..... the powder triggered an hand inspection of my carry bag but the scanner did not pick up on the full diaper :-)

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by TronBaby View Post
    I recently passed through portland security with a loaded abena and, a full bottle of baby powder in my carry-on ..... the powder triggered an hand inspection of my carry bag but the scanner did not pick up on the full diaper :-)
    So do you live in portland, I live right next to the airport.

You know, it all depends what do you call a "diaper full of baby powder". If you will leave a trace of white powder behind you, this might become a bit suspicious

Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much.

TronBaby

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    So do you live in portland, I live right next to the airport.
    Nerp I wish
    I was in portlandia for a month this summer but, just passing thru for work.

I don't think the powder in your padding should cause any issues. However, pretty much every time I've flown back from somewhere, the powder bottle in my changing bag has triggered a manual inspection.
    Meaning, everywhere except for Copenhagen airport where I'm flying out from... Which I find a bit weird.

I work at an airport, and can tell you the scanenrs dont "smell". They cant pick up powders or anything. IF you have something which they want to test further, they take oxy pad like swipes, swipe the item and then put it into a machine which will detect what they are looking for (namely explosives and such), they arent looking for baby powder. My cell phone came up hot one day because I use lotion on my hands, and the lotion has a small amount of gycerin, so keep that in mind.

Kari

Quote Originally Posted by TronBaby View Post
    I recently passed through portland security with a loaded abena and, a full bottle of baby powder in my carry-on .....
    Sounds like a dangerous weapon. LOL

DLrents

I got taken aside in glasgow when i was going on holiday with my friend and his family after the women at the scanner found baby powder in my bag i just told her i was wearing a nappy they keep it confidential and discreet so you should be fine