Thread: Dealing with trust in a relationship

Default Dealing with trust in a relationship

Hey peoples!
    I have a question to pose to you all. Now, trust can be a major issue for anyone with this quirk. Most of the time its, "Can I trust this person enough to share my "other" side with".
    The problem I have had, and has me worried for future relationships. Once I've told some one and they agree to play along a little bit, I always have the feeling that their simply doing it for my sake. I've approached them at times, making sure their comfortable, to which they usually reply "of course, anything that makes you happy". That's all well and good, but it's happened more then once where their apprehension towards it grows and grows to the point where it creates a rift in the relationship.
    I suppose my question is, How does one deal with feelings of uneasiness?
    It's making me feel as though future relationships are doomed to failure.

I have a hard time with this too. My girlfriend knows I wear diapers to bed but thinks I need them. I am afraid to admit my AB side because I am not sure how she would react. I feel like I am lying to her sometimes and kind of wish I didn't have to hide the baby side.

I think those feelings will exist until you find someone who seems to enjoy taking part in ageplay and not all of your relationships will be doomed to failure, there are married members here who have had successful relationships that have incorporated ageplay so it can definitely be done but as with every relationship it is the case of finding the right person and that may take time, so just keep trying until you find someone with whom you can make it work. I don't know if you have tried using fetish websites as a way of dating as you're more likely to find someone who is interested in the sort of relationship you are and who will willingly participate in ageplay.

BigC300

Default Dealing with trust in a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Hey peoples!
    I have a question to pose to you all. Now, trust can be a major issue for anyone with this quirk. Most of the time its, "Can I trust this person enough to share my "other" side with".
    The problem I have had, and has me worried for future relationships. Once I've told some one and they agree to play along a little bit, I always have the feeling that their simply doing it for my sake. I've approached them at times, making sure their comfortable, to which they usually reply "of course, anything that makes you happy". That's all well and good, but it's happened more then once where their apprehension towards it grows and grows to the point where it creates a rift in the relationship.
    I suppose my question is, How does one deal with feelings of uneasiness?
    It's making me feel as though future relationships are doomed to failure.
    I have learned the hard way that the one person on this earth you can absolutely trust is yourself. As long as your secret remains securely between your ears nobody can betray you by trying to publicly embarrass you.

Thanks for advice pajamakitten. I'm starting to checkout some sites for that purpose. I have had a relationship in the past where the level of understanding. It ended for unrelated reasons. Though it was a great feeling while it lasted. :-).
    BigC300, I'm going to have to disagree with ya. Although I believe being discrete is very important when it come to being a little, everyone should have a confidant. Someone they can talk too without being judged. If ya keep a secret only to yourself, it can eat from the inside.
    Heybaby, Your half way there. If your girlfriend is ok with you wearing to bed, I'd slowly ease her into the fact that you like wearing diapers. Leave it at that for a bit and see how she is. Based on her reaction over a month or so, then bring up your Little side. :-) Hope all goes well for ya.