Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you accept who you are?

Default When did you accept who you are?

I'm a college student and I'm still coming to grips that I'll probably be AB/DL for life. I'm just curious as to when you guys really just buckled down and said this is who I am and what sparked the acceptance.

Mew

Having my amazing boyfriend to be there for me; His unconditional love, support, and encouragement made me finally accept that this was who I am.
    I couldn't have accepted myself if it wasn't for him, and I couldn't be happier with who I am now. >w< I couldn't thank him enough. <3

I have had these feelings ever since I was around six years of age. Around 12/13 I began to realize how I really felt. I kept wondering why everyone else was so interested in other girls/boys. I couldn't care less about either, only my ABDL desires. Middle school was a hard time filled with bullying and ridicule. I was miserable and cried myself to sleep every night. One day I woke up, and didn't care about anyone else's opinions or even their existence. In fact something changed, I was no longer capable. I became entirely self focused, and only cared about my own value and self worth. Thus I also accepted my sexuality. I think I was acting fairly schizoidal at the time, and i still kind of do. I never lost empathy or a love of close friends, but my entire focus and perception shifted. Though now I am much more extroverted than I used to be, I am still kind of an introvert. All things considered, I think that kind of inward fascination saved my life back then.

pamperchu

I never didn't accept who I was. Ever scene I was 4 I just did what my brain told me was right. What I'm attracted to and what my sexual fetishes are, I'm happy with what my brain says I like.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKelvin View Post
    I'm a college student and I'm still coming to grips that I'll probably be AB/DL for life. I'm just curious as to when you guys really just buckled down and said this is who I am and what sparked the acceptance.
    When I was 18 I was caught wearing nothing but a diaper by my brother and his best friend. Up till that point, I thought there was a chance I may outgrow this. When I went back to wearing diapers after that extremely embarrassing incident, I figured I would never be free of them. At 22 I was diagnosed with anxiety disease and my overactive bladder got much worse. Again, I started wearing more and regressing more. I just knew that diapers were always going to be a part of my life.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, I think. But, it also sets you free, Acceptance of yourself is the path to a better life.

It might be because all of my other life problems eclipse any problems I might have with sexuality/diapers, but its nothing that's really bothered me too much.

As far as my philosophy of fetishes and matters of sexuality go: If you enjoy it and it doesn't hurt other people or involve acts of sex with children or animals, go ahead and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PacifiedByKnowledge View Post
    I have had these feelings ever since I was around six years of age. Around 12/13 I began to realize how I really felt. I kept wondering why everyone else was so interested in other girls/boys. I couldn't care less about either, only my ABDL desires. Middle school was a hard time filled with bullying and ridicule. I was miserable and cried myself to sleep every night. One day I woke up, and didn't care about anyone else's opinions or even their existence. In fact something changed, I was no longer capable. I became entirely self focused, and only cared about my own value and self worth. Thus I also accepted my sexuality. I think I was acting fairly schizoidal at the time, and i still kind of do. I never lost empathy or a love of close friends, but my entire focus and perception shifted. Though now I am much more extroverted than I used to be, I am still kind of an introvert. All things considered, I think that kind of inward fascination saved my life back then.
    I think i've gone through that phase twice now. My story relates quite a bit, as remember in my teen years loosing my concern for others because i was so caught up in my own issues, however at that time i still couldn't accept myself, but i also thought more about diapers than i did about girls.
    It took me moving out of my house for a semester and acting out on my little desires for me to accept who i was, and now i'm just going through another phase of thinking more about myself because i'm trying to protect who I have accepted to be me, while my parents and Councillors, who i regrettably informed, are incapable of accepting. I am trying to work myself back to the point where i feel safe developing relationships with others though. Thank goodness i have one friend who is very accepting, and thank goodness i accept who i am too.

I accepted my AB/DL side about two years ago. It was thanks to amazing friends, my girlfriend, and this site. Honestly, I hated myself before I got the nerves to finally take a leap and join this site. After reading around I finally realized there is nothing wronge with who I am. Everyone in the community is amazing, and without them I would not have accepted myself at this crucial time of my life. I also would not be in the relationship with the love of my life today.

It took me quite a long time.. I realize now that I've always been a DL, but I didn't actually discover myself until 6th grade. From then until the middle of high school, around 10th grade, I constantly felt guilty and pretty much hated myself

It was a slow and gradual process, but eventually I just didn't feel bad about it any more. I convinced myself that if society thought that there was something wrong with me for being this way, then there was something wrong with society.. Sometime in late high school I read Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand, and there were a few small sections in it that really spoke to me. Many of the main characters in it discuss how they reject the idea of "original sin", and of the notion that man can be evil for following his nature. That pretty much sealed it for me, and although I'm still secretive about it I feel no guilt at all
    Last edited by Volare; 21-Sep-2012 at 04:09.